The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2019, 11:37:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 149   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 291676 times)
Atticus
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Steampunk Anti-Hero

« Reply #475 on: January 28, 2008, 05:49:23 pm »

Thanks for the welcome, Mr.Hudson.  Brighton's a great place; I've lived here all my life and plan to continue living here after I hopefully go to, and complete, university.

"Whoops! Forgot my goggles!"
Your Grim Reaper Has Arrived
Ben Hudson, Esq.
Snr. Officer

New avatar, same person.

« Reply #476 on: January 28, 2008, 05:54:46 pm »

I barely l lived there at all, then spent a few years in Hove before moving to Bournemouth.

Quod me non necat me confirmat

Cappuccino?! I'll give you a cappuccino!

Fellow of the Retrofuturist Society
Ella
« Reply #477 on: January 28, 2008, 08:39:22 pm »

I'm not really very good at this introductory thing, so please bare with me.

My name is Sheila, but I go by Ella. I live in Calgary for now, but that will all be changing in a few months when I move to St. John's, Nfld, to study Folklore (How exciting, another move across the country!) Steampunk has quietly been a part of my life for a few years now, although I didn't define it as such until recently.

I am a musician (I'll have a link to my band's website as soon as its ready), and er. That's pretty much all there is to know!
Atticus
Gunner

Steampunk Anti-Hero

« Reply #478 on: January 28, 2008, 09:20:04 pm »

Welcome, Ella!  I'm a musician as well - although not in a band - I play guitar.  What do you play?
mechane
« Reply #479 on: January 28, 2008, 10:42:34 pm »

Oh my, this is just the place for me and my obssession with everything mechanical.

I've just turned 22, I'm female, I come from Austria (any other Austrians here, by the way?) and I'm absolutely fascinated by old machines, especially aircraft of all sorts. I like steampunk aesthetics (why else would I be here), the "biplane pilot look", uniforms and am currently trying to unobtrusively incorporate some of it in my everyday wear. I can sew acceptably well, but rarely have time for it - there's a steampunk-influenced costume as well as a postapocalyptic one I'd like to make, but they still exist on paper only and I do not know when I'll have the time to actually make them. I'm interested in historic costume - there's something I like in almost every era, but I currently especially like the 1910's-1940's and therefore second the idea of jazzpunk Wink.
Ella
« Reply #480 on: January 29, 2008, 07:00:11 am »

Thank you Atticus.

I play mainly guitar, flute, and cello, although I know how to play much more than that - an obsession of mine is teaching myself new instruments. And then so I don't lag behind, I'll join ensembles on a fairly new instrument so that I have to get better at it. Yes, obsession would be the right word for it.

And I call it a band that I'm in, but its really a one-woman band. I just don't go by my name, I go by a band name (sort of like Final Fantasy or City and Colour does; a one person band) so I refer to it as a band.

What kind of guitar do you play? Stuff you've written, covers...?
Atticus
Gunner

Steampunk Anti-Hero

« Reply #481 on: January 29, 2008, 09:00:56 am »

I have a Fender Telecaster and an Ovation Celebrity, I mostly cover stuff in the jazz and rock area but I've made some songs.  I've been playing for about six years now, it must be.
Cpt Euphrasia Langdale
« Reply #482 on: January 29, 2008, 10:43:48 am »

Greetings and salutations to all!
Although i am mostly a lurker here, i shall introduce myself.
I am a female (though, sometimes embarrassingly, taken for a male) going on 17, and fairly new to the steampunk community, but loving it. Although I already own a rather steampunkish name (Elisabeth) I go as Euphrasia here. Likewise, although i am female, i usually prefer male-ish/tomboy clothes, and have hair which is only about 2 inches long all over (explaining the occasional confusion over my gender... oh well, i like to keep people confused, and the cross dressing is always done with style Tongue)
I own two rabbits, play the drums, and occasionally play the saxophone.
On a more steampunkish note, i sew fairly well, and like the air captain/punkish end of steaming. I am interested in taking up fencing/sword dueling, but am already too busy right now. One day...Ah! One day me and my band of steamy sword fighters will rule the world though! And how wonderful that day shall be!

you guys can be mayors of small towns if you like.  Wink
Lady Vandercook
« Reply #483 on: January 29, 2008, 11:01:55 pm »

Good day! I'm a (young) old fashioned printer / newfangled graphic designer currently residing in Savannah, Georgia, and originally from Baltimore, Maryland. I'm in love with all things old and Victorian-esque. I've been checking out the archive and forums for a while now and figured I should join eventually. I'm 21 and still in school, although not for too much longer. I tend not to dress too steampunk, but I do have a few nice old things that I like to wear on occaision. I love zeppelins, mudskippers, and being up to my elbows in ink, grease, and hazardous chemicals. I'm not really good with these sorts of things so I'll leave it at that. Nice to meet you all!
FEUS
Gunner
United States United States

« Reply #484 on: February 01, 2008, 04:16:12 pm »

Hi, my name is Steve, i live by chicago, IL i'm 23, and have posted a few times on here already, but finally found the intro thread.

I've been into designing and making things my whole life from legos to car stuff. I really enjoy racing my race car, reading, building things, inventing, and thinking "out side the box".

I have a strange love for magnets <3

otherwise thats about me in a bubble
Ash_ofthe_Aether
« Reply #485 on: February 02, 2008, 07:29:37 am »

Hi everyone,

I'm Ash (real name's Heather-though Ash is derived form my first name, which I've never gone by, oddly enough). I'm 24, born and raised in Georgia. Fairly new to the steampunk community, been a fan for a long time though Wink
I'm an artist in a few different mediums (painting/drawing, sculpture, jewelry-making, costumes/and some mixed media 3-D work).  I'm currently attending college to gain my degree in Horticulture ( avid plant lover of the strange and unusual kind and owner of a few wardian cases, of course).  I've been making costumes of all sorts as long as I can remember, and before that my mother was forced to make them. I frequent the renaissance festival and that sort of thing...been attending since I was 4 years old Smiley that's the majority I can think of to add so....any other questions, ask away!
Zepherius
Snr. Officer

Meandering Daydreamer For Hire

« Reply #486 on: February 03, 2008, 01:09:32 am »

Because I feel bad about all the new people I'd like to offer you guys a big welcome to the forum and he community! Ash, FEUS, M'lady, Euphrasia, welcome aboard, I'm glad to meet you. I say that despite the fact that I'm actually here to introduce myself and some of you are more senior members then me already Grin.

I'm Dan/Daniel, I'm 18 and a country guy from a place near Stirling; Scotland (where I still am). Zeph's been my moniker for as long as I've used the internet, with variations in spelling/pronunciation here and there. I'm just one of those people who's here because while steampunk's not quite my whole world, I do have and always have had a passion for everything about it, and now I've found this community it's just too exciting not to get involved.
   I'm primarily an artist, currently working to get a place in art college, and as such I find making stuff, appeciating craftsmanship and generally enjoying the task of understanding what's in front of me part of my normal day. I was always a 'weird kid', and most of the people I know now are either geeks, artists, subculture people or a combination thereof, so I don't think I can see normal with a telescope anymore. I'm also a music nut. I play (with very uneven skill levels) percussion, the tin whistle and the piano. I love all genres of music, but most commonly folk, world, electronic and art rock.
   I'm probably agnostic, but I value religious tolerance FAR more than any religious view. Most people would call me a libertarian or lefty, but I think taking care of individuals is a higher priority than the merits of any political system. These things matter to me but I don't talk about them much.

Fair enough that's a load of waffle and it probably makes me a fairly average member when you add that up, but now you know, and I don't need to do that again.

Flight of the Impossible
Steampunk is just fun.
Albrecht
Zeppelin Captain
Germany Germany

Commanding Officer LZ-X1 Württemberg

« Reply #487 on: February 03, 2008, 05:02:29 pm »

Good afternoon,

My name is Marcus, I'm 34 and live in Munich/Germany. My spiritual home is Nottingham, where I lived for 3 years, and R'lyeh. I did my Master Thesis on Lovecraft and Cthulhu and my professor told me it was the best paper he rceived in years... Iä!
I've been interested in the steampunk setting for a while now and as I mentioned elswhere in this forum, I have a Zeppelin-fetish.
My wife also enjoys the aesthetics but she's more goth.
I try to emulate the turn-of-the-century gentleman in style and behaviour and incorperate the style in my daily dress. I tend to wear suits anyway and a vest with a pocket watch always looks good Grin.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 06:41:15 am by Albrecht » Logged

Dr.VladimirKryptoïd
« Reply #488 on: February 04, 2008, 12:14:41 am »

Hi there !

My name is Christian. I am a 22 years old folk from the city of "Nice" on the French Riviera. I am currently studying to obtain a degree in English and as you can tell I am not much of a briliant studen. I have discovered steampunk through the game "Arcanum" by the now defunct Troïka Games because I was a fan of Fallout, a game in which developers of Troïka were involved. Then I read that comics series by Chris Bachalo, "Steampunk", and could finally put a name on the style itself. Other than that, there is not much to say I guess. I just love everything steampunk and post-apocalyptic. Oh and Lovecraft too !

Thanks for allowing me to introduce myself in this nice and cosy place !
Sean Patrick O-Byrne
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

Belligerent Hairy-Bloke and Improper Philospher

« Reply #489 on: February 06, 2008, 06:58:49 pm »

Isn't it great that there are so many countries on these boards?

Well I've worked among the spitters and I've breathed the oily smoke
I've shovelled up the gypsum and it neigh 'on makes you choke
I've stood knee deep cyanide, got sick with a caustic burn
Been working rough, I've seen enough, to make your stomach turn

www.doctorsteel.com
Toji Chiba
Zeppelin Captain
Germany Germany

Novice of the Order of the Brazen Dawn

« Reply #490 on: February 06, 2008, 07:16:31 pm »

Good afternoon,

My name is Marcus, I'm 34 and live in Munich/Germany. My spiritual home is Nottingham, where I lived for 3 years, and R'lyeh. I did my Master Thesis on Lovecraft and Cthulhu and my professor told me it was the best paper he rceived in years... Iä!
I've been interested in the steampunk setting for a while now and as I mentioned elswhere in this forum, I have a Zeppelin-fetish.
My wife also enjoys the aesthetics but she's more goth.
I try to emulate the turn-of-the-century gentleman in style and behaviour and incorperate the style in my daily dress. I tend to wear suits anyway and a vest with a pocket watch always looks good Grin.

I read your master paper and it is incredible!
You, sir aren't by any remote chance interested in attending our German Brassgoggles-meeting in June in Berlin?

To all the rest of the Crew, a very warm welcome!

regards

Toji

Edited to "June".

« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 07:41:38 pm by Toji Chiba » Logged

"Well I'll be buggered by a monochrome chipmunk!!!" -CinnamonAndSpite-
elShoggotho
« Reply #491 on: February 06, 2008, 07:35:37 pm »

June, my friend. Midsummer. Look in the geographical thread, he already told us that it can't come to pass. Sadly, I may add.
Albrecht
Zeppelin Captain
Germany Germany

« Reply #492 on: February 06, 2008, 10:23:13 pm »

As elShoggotho said, I can't make it, I will be in Leipzig, however, for the WGT.
Toolmaker
« Reply #493 on: February 08, 2008, 01:13:42 pm »

Greetings everyone

I am a Machinst, Toolmaker, CNC Programmer, etc etc in South Florida. I also know a lil about welding but am a lil light on steam knowledge. I'm generally a punk leaning toawrds steampunk as of late. My recent eco awakening and recent Burningman participation has landed me here. Better late than never as they say.
Darkzel
« Reply #494 on: February 09, 2008, 06:43:32 am »

Hello!
 Ive been lurking for months, but I think Ive finally gotten over my shyness.
 Its a pleasure to meet you, my name is Zel.
  I . . .dont know what to say about myself, really.
 Im an artist,I do comic and tradeing cards work.  I adore things with moveing parts, things made of metal, and things that can live in glass boxes. Theres also taxidermy, thats something I know quite a bit about, and would love to heklp anyone with an intrest. I built a working, mechanical tail once. Im also mildy obsessed with very old photography, I even have a  couple of very old yearbooks (one is from 1910, rife with fantasic victorian teenagers, the other from the late 20s, full of staunch and severe looking people. Quite a change in so little time.) I could be temperd to scan some pages of these, the first in particlur very charming.

I really dont know what else to say for myself, other then hello; I do hope that that was a reasonable intrudcution, Im not so good at these things--
 And Im sure there are allot more spelling errors than I managed to catch. Im a horrble typeist. Please excuse me on that count.

-Zel

Ben Hudson, Esq.
Snr. Officer

New avatar, same person.

« Reply #495 on: February 09, 2008, 09:58:18 am »

A taxidermist - how wonderful! I hope you have a delightful stay.
jack
« Reply #496 on: February 09, 2008, 08:28:23 pm »

Honorable Ladies and Gentlemen, please allow me a short moment of your lifespan to introduce myself. Your humble servant is a science professor, has his own little laboratory at home and collects vintage medical and scientific instruments. If my knowledge can be of any help to you, please do not hesitate a second to call upon your servant.

Geachte Dames en Heren, graag een ogenblikje van uw tijd om mezelf even voor te stellen. Ondergetekende is leraar wetenschappen, ik heb m'n eigen kleine laboratorium op m'n flat en verzamel oude medische en wetenschappelijke instrumenten. Als ik U met mijn kennis van dienst kan zijn, aarzel niet mij te contacteren.

Cher Mesdames et Messieurs, je me sens obligé de m'introduire comme nouveau participant a cette forum. Je suis professeur de science et pour ça j'ai ma propre laboratoire à la maison. Je suis collecteur des instruments antiques médicales et scientifique. En cas que ma connaissance peut etre intéressant à vous, n'hésitez pas de me contacter.
Albrecht
Zeppelin Captain
Germany Germany

« Reply #497 on: February 09, 2008, 10:11:01 pm »

A very warm welcome to all of you honorable gentlemen.
Theodore Atkins
« Reply #498 on: February 10, 2008, 12:01:54 am »

Theodore Atkins at your service! Master of the Useless and useless of all things purposeful.
It's quite a pleasure to finally be a part of this community as I've stood on the sidelines for many months, catching glimpses of genius here and there. I'm a writer by nature (though not a very good one) and tend to find myself lacking information on everything, while having at least a little information on everything. I find everything interesting, though not enough that I become an expert on the matter and I beg you to allow me my inexperienced questions. I try not to say anything unless relevant or purposeful in at least some way but you may find me with far too much to say once I find an agreeable topic.
Once again, I am glad to be a part of this community of 'punkers and hope to find many new friendships waiting for me.

~ T. Atkins
Otter
Gunner
United States United States

« Reply #499 on: February 10, 2008, 06:51:05 am »

Hello everyone.

I enjoy Steampunk for its attitude/spirit and what I see capable with the technology.  There is nothing wrong with caloric engines, we just didn't have the materials know-how during the Victorian age to harness them properly.  I love the feel and the scent of a nice leather and the warm glow of shiny brass.  I am enamored with automatic timepieces and all forms of clockwork.  I've liked Airships for as long as I can remember and don't understand why they aren't in mainstream use anymore.

I'm a croupier by trade, and a University student by choice.  I am studying Materials engineering with minors in Aerospace and Polymer engineering.  I own a motorcycle which is my first choice for locomotion when the roads are ice free.  I enjoy swimming, walking, and reading.

I believe we will see Airships in the skies again.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 149   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: