The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
June 18, 2019, 07:31:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 149   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 284139 times)
Difference Engineer
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Not steampunk, but an incredible soy substitute.

« Reply #425 on: January 09, 2008, 06:40:58 pm »

I'm 19, I was born on Leap Day, and I have an actual Birthday coming up this year (you can not know my level of excitement). I've been reading since the summer before Kindergarten, and started my artistic career that winter.
Does that mean that you only age one year for every four calendar years?

"You look like you're about to jump in your gyrocopter or something."
--Anonymous coworker
Difference Engineer
Snr. Officer

Not steampunk, but an incredible soy substitute.

« Reply #426 on: January 09, 2008, 06:42:31 pm »

If I may, just a brief moment to introduce myself to the board and all respective members,
I am Proctor Abelcroft: instructor, occasional adventurer, haphazard tinkerer, and general nuisance.
As one gentleman adventurer and general nuisance to another, I bid you well-come and greetings.   Cool
ragingdevi
« Reply #427 on: January 09, 2008, 09:09:50 pm »

Does that mean that you only age one year for every four calendar years?

Legally, no, I age a year for every year.

But because it only comes around once a year, I am also 4.5 years old XD
theMadTinker
Snr. Officer

Why do they always obfuscate the screws?

« Reply #428 on: January 11, 2008, 07:08:23 am »

...You know, I think that in the month that I've been a member of this forum, today has been the first time I've visited the off topic section, or if I had previously visited, I completely overlooked this thread.

My name is Hilary, a full-time student, writer of short stories, tinkerer, southpaw, and aspiring everything-ist.  I'm rather ambitious, and have more schemes for devices than I could possibly carry out, but I try nonetheless; if I'm not working on at least four projects in some way, I'm not satisfied.

I am not yet an owner of a suitable pair of goggles, RH denied me a pair of German goggles, and then finals began, and I still haven't gotten back to anything more than a half-hearted attempt to get some cheap goggles to mod the hell out of (which would make six projects if I don't finish any of my current ones before I get some goggles).

I live in a house with more books than you can shake a stick at (an estimated 7000 volumes last I bothered to guesstimate a number).

And now, back to my many projects...

-H

It's not a skirt, it's a kilt; and ye ken why it's called a kilt?  Because I kilt everyone who called it a skirt.

You won't get far trying to argue semantics with an English major.

The Urban Phantasy Blog
Lord Templeton Augustine
« Reply #429 on: January 11, 2008, 07:27:51 pm »

Greetings one and all, allow me to introduce myself. I am 29 years old, and on monday, my betrothed and I were finally wed.  I am a Mohammedan, a traveller, and collector of time-pieces and cavies.  My pursuits include fine art, viewing the moving image, and appreciating accoustic recordings.  As a keen builder, I hope to undertake projects in the future, time and finances allowing.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 07:36:51 pm by Lord Templeton Augustine » Logged
Captain Thaddeus Leeford
« Reply #430 on: January 12, 2008, 01:47:15 am »

I probably should have found this place for my first post, but oh well, here goes:

I'm Tim, 20 years of age; I'm at University in Southampton, studying environmental engineering (thats building sewage works and the like!). I longboard skateboard, procrastinate, enjoy the wonders of video games, and build things (less than i used to because i have no tools at uni! Angry). I draw sometimes, but mostly its technical doodles of severely impractical devices.

Currently working my way towards to a full outfit (or 2 perhaps...); will be scratchbuilding some goggles soon (pending revision for stupid exams).
Boar
« Reply #431 on: January 12, 2008, 05:37:41 am »

Hello all, and how are you?

I am in the vancouver Canada. I have a great interest in Steampunk and I need someone to show me the ropes.
Jemima Annabelle Clough
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

When you're tired of tea, you're tired of life

« Reply #432 on: January 12, 2008, 04:44:57 pm »

A hearty welcome to all the recent newcomers Smiley

Remember: Stressed backwards spells desserts
---
Fellow of the RS
Botanist and sometime adventurer
Wife of A E Clough
---
Flame throwing priestess of the really hot fire
Arnavon
« Reply #433 on: January 13, 2008, 03:42:36 am »

Hey!^^ I'm new around here, but I've loved the whole steampunk concept since I saw the TV show, Last Exile. Ever since then anytime I see a flying steamship, or any other wicked variants and deviations that you clever fellows come up with, I've drooled.

You'll be seeing me around Wink
Miss Jelacic
« Reply #434 on: January 13, 2008, 04:13:57 am »

Hello!

I'm Miss Jelacic, evidently a new member here at Brass Goggles. I am also a new devotee to Steampunk, which I have always loved but never known the name of! My interest lies primarily in the fashion of the neo-Victorian, but I am also intrigued by the science-fiction, speculative fiction and "what might have been?" aspects of Steampunk. I do wear "normal-person" clothes, but I usually like to dress with a Victorian-ClassicLolita-Rococo-inspired look, very romantic and flowery and pretty - lots of rose prints and waistcoats and pearls and lace. Not that I'm a girly-girl, but to look at me you would be forgiven for thinking so Grin

I enjoy classical music a greal deal, and hope to become an opera singer. Favourite composers of mine would be Handel, Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Corelli and anything of the Baroque period. I play viola also. I have a strong interest in politics, law, history, literature, writing and music of many types. One of my biggest passions is cinema, in all its forms (romance, horror, foreign, action, etc etc etc!!). Another passion of mine is atheism, but I have duly noted the ban on religious and political discussion at Brass Goggles!

I was quite pleased to find such an interesting forum about a topic I am slowly becoming more and more fascinated by. So, greetings and salutations and I am pleased to be a member  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 04:20:21 am by Miss Jelacic » Logged
Lagartija
« Reply #435 on: January 13, 2008, 02:26:31 pm »

Welcome to all new members!

I, too, took the "Lolita-roccoco path" before Steampunk.  Wink
Lady Merovingian
« Reply #436 on: January 13, 2008, 07:06:07 pm »

Mee too! Still, I'm trying to see how well they both mix (along with a more traditional Gothic look). It there are a lot of paths for Neovictorianists to choose these days.
Miss Jelacic
« Reply #437 on: January 14, 2008, 02:41:30 am »

Mee too! Still, I'm trying to see how well they both mix (along with a more traditional Gothic look). It there are a lot of paths for Neovictorianists to choose these days.

Sounds like what I'm trying to do Smiley I love how well these looks go together, and how easy it is to mix and match it up and draw inspiration from many sources.

Anyway, I'm sure Brass Goggles will give me some excellent ideas about neo-Victorian fashions - thanks for the welcome!
Kπ Brjæn ℑnscore
Officer

« Reply #438 on: January 14, 2008, 06:16:26 am »

Salutations,
My name is Kπ Brjæn ℑnscore (Kipling Brian Inscore). I have been a registered member of this forum for over a month—and a reader of the Brass Goggles for at least a few months longer—but have not yet introduced myself on this thread.
As a rambling tinkerer and Tesla sympathizer the steampunk culture gave me æsthetic inspiration where previously it was lacking.
I am a recently graduated electrical engineer; bachelor's degree, now working, planning to get a master's degree later.
I am currently 23 years old (soon to be 24).
I live on the central ("northern") west coast of Califas (California), USA.
I play ukulele and occasionally other instruments.
I am attempting to restore a 1958 BMW 600.
I can't think of anything else to mention at this time but I hardly think I'm that boring (though I can be at times).
I am, if anything regarding the matter, over-zealous about punctuation…

ℜegards,
~Kπ Brjæn ℑnscore
loupgarou
« Reply #439 on: January 14, 2008, 01:20:58 pm »

Late but heartfelt greetings to all of the Forum. I am Loupgarou (also Cynthia), hailing from the shores of the Chesapeake Bay.
I am a tattoo artist and have had the good fortune to find my employ with britishink, another new forum member who introduced me to the wonders of this site.
The plethora of information has been exceedingly wonderful to peruse and in a few short days, I have enjoyed it greatly.
MechanicalMouse
Zeppelin Captain

A tall mouse with huge cogs!

« Reply #440 on: January 14, 2008, 04:24:22 pm »

Good evening gentlefolk,
  Allow me to introduce myself. I am know to most as Vincent Lewis and have been for the last 13 years. The name change happened when I left my home town and attended university in Nottingham, something to do with odd multi faceted dice, and strangely dress folk. My parents how ever still insist on Anthony, not that there is anything wrong with that name, its just not me.

From a young age I was introduced to binary electronic computation machines, such as Sir Sinclair's marvelous zx81. A hobby I now get paid for as Babbage wrangler.

I was born in 1977 in the town of Northampton, England. At the time it was an over sized town with a very small mind. Things, I have heard have changed, if only slightly. Never really fitted into the social norm mainstream. Preferred attire was waist coast, tail coat and top hat a daring look for a 14 year old in the early nineties. I also spent weekends in 12th century plate and chain armour being a member of the Knights of the Rose reenactment group.

My Parents are steam enthusiasts helping run 4 steam traction engines and organising the Hollowell Steam Rally, so most of my childhood was spent in coal bunkers and polishing brass.

From 18 onward I lived in Nottingham, running a Gothic interactive theater (vampire LARP) in the caves of the Old Salutation Inn and spending a lot of time rolling dice and making stories. Through these socialable group i meant the lady who was to become my wife. We moved in together, living in carnal sin, into a beautiful Victorian corner house. The house was heavenly, unfortunately outside of the wall belonged to the hotter place.

About 5 years ago after we had our two daughters we moved to Shepshed, a small town/oversided village out side Loughborough.

Now 31, I stumble across the wondrous world of steampunk and realise where i wanted to be 17 years ago.
Nerupe
« Reply #441 on: January 14, 2008, 05:52:46 pm »

Hello there my fellow steampunkers (not a word but...meh)!
Well, after discovering that Steampunk was my true love i started researching more about the genre and happened to discover its name, then after some strange hm, "coincidences" i end up here.

Oh also, im currently 17 years old.
michaelbeeman
Zeppelin Captain

Covered in bees!

« Reply #442 on: January 14, 2008, 06:01:40 pm »

Let me extend a warm welcome to all of our new members!
Oh, and "Steampunkers" is perfectly acceptable nomenclature 'round these parts. Grin

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you must not be very funny."
Nerupe
« Reply #443 on: January 14, 2008, 06:04:45 pm »

"Steampunkers" is perfectly acceptable nomenclature 'round these parts. Grin

Then im happy : D
Shinyhead
« Reply #444 on: January 15, 2008, 02:51:43 pm »

Hi, my name is Chris and I am a brass-a-holic.....

I am ... well I am fast approaching 40 and have always loved victorian industrial looks.
I have built and held combat robotic events...  in my backyard arena.
I am into the SCA and making armor (I was out of it for a long time but have returned to it).
I am a bit of a redneck, on 5 acres owning horses.
Setting up to learn to joust.
Am a gearhead (I have a '61 mercedes I am going to steam punk mod)
Husband and father... most important things of all.
Can weld, machine, hammer metal.. and I am going to build a forge.
Can make most things out of wood I need to.
Have WAY too many tools for my own good.

I guess thats enough for now.  Cheesy
Bertram Granger
« Reply #445 on: January 15, 2008, 08:54:14 pm »

Hello there all.

I happened across this place in my search for Steam Punk websites just a couple of months ago, after discovering that some of my interests fit the genre. I've always been interested in the Victorian era and the early 20th Century. (particularly the industrial/technological fiction elements such as displayed in Steampunk and Jules Verne books).The Victorian science fiction and speculative fiction elements of the genre really appeal to me, as does the 'what if' part of some steam punk fiction I've read online/seen concepts for.

I write and draw a little and also make some short RPG computer games. My work, if I can call it that, has a steam-punk element along with what I learn is called diesel punk round here and a strong Pulp element. I like reading, mostly humorous fiction with a particular twist, such as the Discworld Novels by Terry Pratchett and my favourite books; the Harry Flashman series by George Macdonald Fraser. I also like historical fiction, preferably set in the 1800s such as Sharpe. I also like film and gaming.

I'm a first year university student studying War and Security. Just have to apologise for my awkwardness, I'm always a little nervous when making introductory posts on forums.
Ben Hudson, Esq.
Snr. Officer

New avatar, same person.

« Reply #446 on: January 15, 2008, 09:01:49 pm »

Hello there! No need to be awkward, we are all very nice people when we are not putting each other in killing jars or testing nefarious machines Smiley
Hope you have a lovely stay.
Ben

Quod me non necat me confirmat

Cappuccino?! I'll give you a cappuccino!

Fellow of the Retrofuturist Society
Bertram Granger
« Reply #447 on: January 15, 2008, 09:07:50 pm »

Thank you Smiley
Ms. N. Joyce Kingsly
« Reply #448 on: January 16, 2008, 10:32:10 pm »

Salutations Everyone,

My name is N.J. I’ve been lurking for awhile now, getting the feel of the place so to speak, and I’ve decided to introduce myself. I’m 26, born in the American west, widely travelled and educated, expatriated in 2003, Lived in the London Borough of Richmond upon Tames until 2006, repatriated myself only to find things in a sorrier state than when I left. I’m a writer, a journalist mostly, but I’m working on my own projects (Aren’t we all). I also paint and draw a bit which has been very handy insomuch as bringing to life my imaginings. I also tinker periodically. I wouldn’t say I’m new to steam punk, in fact anachronism has been a constant throughout my life. I’ve always enjoyed steamy Vic. Lit. and have a taste for its modern counterparts. I have a definite wild and impulsive streak. I’m more an air pirate or mad scientist than a lady of letters. Even my day to day look is a bit roguish. I look forward to participating in the forum and am very glad to have found an entire group of like minded people.

Regards,

Ms. N. Joyce Kingsly
akumabito
Immortal
Netherlands Netherlands

~~Blast from the past~~

« Reply #449 on: January 16, 2008, 10:37:52 pm »

Salutations Everyone,

My name is N.J. I’ve been lurking for awhile now, getting the feel of the place so to speak, and I’ve decided to introduce myself. I’m 26, born in the American west, widely travelled and educated, expatriated in 2003, Lived in the London Borough of Richmond upon Tames until 2006, repatriated myself only to find things in a sorrier state than when I left. I’m a writer, a journalist mostly, but I’m working on my own projects (Aren’t we all). I also paint and draw a bit which has been very handy insomuch as bringing to life my imaginings. I also tinker periodically. I wouldn’t say I’m new to steam punk, in fact anachronism has been a constant throughout my life. I’ve always enjoyed steamy Vic. Lit. and have a taste for its modern counterparts. I have a definite wild and impulsive streak. I’m more an air pirate or mad scientist than a lady of letters. Even my day to day look is a bit roguish. I look forward to participating in the forum and am very glad to have found an entire group of like minded people.

Regards,

Ms. N. Joyce Kingsly

w00p w00p w00p!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 149   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: