The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 13, 2020, 03:47:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 301664 times)
Brightner
Deck Hand
United States United States

Hunter of Assorted NickNacks

goldennecromage
« Reply #3625 on: March 19, 2010, 06:16:47 am »

Ah~ Greetings! Th' name's Nell Brightner. I'm just recently getting into Steampunk (As of a few hours ago, actually) and I figured this would be an excellent place to get all sorts of info and how-to type stuff as well as meet some people. This stuff seems really awesome and I am highly looking forward to getting involved in trying my hand at making trinkets and outfits once I learn a thing or two. Smiley

Nell Brightner, Holder of The Lamp and Aspiring Tinkerer
Laserpunk
Officer

Rogue Laser Enthusiast

« Reply #3626 on: March 19, 2010, 07:22:25 am »

aboard !!!

Don't be proud of something you bought, be proud of something you built.

Companies I personally endorse for lasers, and accessories. Don't get ripped off on eBay.

www.O-like.com www.rayfoss.com www.dragonlasers.com www.optotronics.com

For parts, diodes and modules http://www.modwerx.com/
August Fidelius Hammerman
Deck Hand
Germany Germany

« Reply #3627 on: March 19, 2010, 10:25:44 pm »

Hi, my name is August Fidelius Hammerman, I'm a steampunk fan and build normally Terrain for Tabletopgames (as a hobby). Actually I'm making buildings for my Modellrailroad in a Steampunk/SfiFi style. Wich Forum is right to show you my work?
Laserpunk
Officer

Rogue Laser Enthusiast

« Reply #3628 on: March 19, 2010, 10:43:36 pm »

Tactile.

Welcome.
Rose1611
Snr. Officer

« Reply #3629 on: March 23, 2010, 11:59:32 pm »

Hello, everyone. I'm Rose, 16, from Texas. I found this wonderful forum in January and have been lurking since then, wondering if my interest would fade. It hasn't, in fact it's only gotten stronger. I'm not exactly steampunk myself, more goth, but I find steampunk fascinating. I sort of stumbled upon it last November (after a life-long love of Victorian fashion and technology) and it's great to see that there are so many nice people out there with similar interests. It's a pleasure to finally say hi to you all!

"Ideas do not have to be correct in order to be good; it's only necessary that, if they do fail, they do so in an interesting way." -Robert Rosen.
Laserpunk
Officer

Rogue Laser Enthusiast

« Reply #3630 on: March 24, 2010, 12:44:14 am »

Rose. Glad to have you.
Michelle_Bradford
Gunner

« Reply #3631 on: March 24, 2010, 12:55:07 am »

Oh, poo. I went and forgot all about this site. Sorry for disappearing on you all... heh, not that I did much in the first place. I suppose I'll do more round here from now on.
~ Michelle

City on fire! Rats in the streets and the lunatics yelling at the moon! It's the end of the world! Good! City on fire! Hunchbacks kissing! Stirrings in the graves and the screaming of giant winds! Watch out! Look!
Crawling on the chimneys, great black crows screeching at the city on fire!
Miss Romwell
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

An aspidistra.

« Reply #3632 on: March 24, 2010, 11:58:14 am »

Hello!
I'm Miss Romwell, and I live in Bristol, UK. I'm a purely professional Miss, there's a Mr Romwell and a small Romwell Jr., too.
I've been doing steampunk forum RP and the odd illustration for a couple of years now, but have a very long running fixation with the 1890s (it's all the absinthe, opium, and rent-boys), a great love of antiques (our house has that Steptoe & Son look), and an encyclopedic knowledge of the life of Oscar Wilde.
I'm doing a little more illustration these days, and a couple of months ago started blogging my steampunk cartoons. http://steampunklife.tumblr.com/

I'm hopefully going to Weekend at the Asylum this year, with a very dear friend, and am already planning my outfits!  Smiley

Anyway, lovely to meet you all, must dash or I'll miss the omnibus! TTFN!

Elizabeth Boswell
Deck Hand
England England

Ooooh Matron

« Reply #3633 on: March 24, 2010, 06:56:55 pm »

Good afternoon, my name is Elizabeth Boswell, I am 25.
I'm from Surrey, & I live approximately 35.9 Miles from London.

I've recently discovered this fascinating genre, and I look forward to learning more.

Not sure what else to write here, so I shall keep it short and end things here.

Farewell.

Excuse me, I have to recharge my flamethrower.
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #3634 on: March 24, 2010, 09:43:39 pm »

Good afternoon, my name is Elizabeth Boswell, I am 25.
I'm from Surrey, & I live approximately 35.9 Miles from London.

I've recently discovered this fascinating genre, and I look forward to learning more.

Not sure what else to write here, so I shall keep it short and end things here.

Farewell.

Not Camberley is it by chance? And welcome by the way.

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
Elizabeth Boswell
Deck Hand
England England

Ooooh Matron

« Reply #3635 on: March 24, 2010, 11:37:55 pm »

It most certainly is Camberley.  Shocked

And thankyou very much.
TehRoxxor
Gunner

« Reply #3636 on: March 25, 2010, 07:32:28 am »

Hullo all! I'm a short-time lurker, shorter-time member, and a first-time poster from the east Portland area in Oregon.

I've known of steampunk in a very basic sense for quite a while, but only recently discovered just how excellent it can really be. That being said I can hardly express how excited I was to find this forum. This community is much larger and more vibrant than I imagined, and I hardly knew where to start. So I crawled around and realized I was getting to know some of you and thought it was hardly fair that you don't know anything about me.

So I decided to post here, and I much look forward to contributing to conversation in the future!

Good day.
Izzet
Swab

Latvia Latvia

Regimental Commissar

« Reply #3637 on: March 26, 2010, 07:39:44 am »

Greetings!

Lurked in this board while googling steampunk desktop themes, and decided to join in. Am an avid WHFB player (also 40,000) and that did a lot to my steampunk love. My first knowledge about the genre came some years ago, with the Arcanum game though.

Right now i'm a philosophy (majoring in logics, epistemology and cognitive sciences) student from Latvia. Also, i'm a beginning writer, and - to add more fluff and shine - the local writer's union did some research and, as it appears, I am the first and only person in here who has ever written anything sci-fi. (including, but not limited to steampunk.)

So yeah. Sorry about any grammar mistakes I could have made, but I'm not a native english speaker, so please be gentle. Now...To man the harness, so to speak!

Seeing life as a game is helpful.

Lacking xp for the next level, however, is not.
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

Not in front of the men..................

« Reply #3638 on: March 26, 2010, 09:31:50 am »

Welcome Izzet, your english is better than many natives I can think of!

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre
Miles (a sailor)Martin
Zeppelin Admiral

Just a head full of random thoughts

« Reply #3639 on: March 29, 2010, 04:18:19 am »

Quite a bit better than mine a lot of the time,Mr. Izzet.
 i'm up the thread a ways and don't remember exatly what i wrote then so here is a recap.
 Miles is for my great grandpa
 (a sailor) is for my miltary service
 Martin is my last name
 50 is my age
steampunk is the way i was raised.... Wear it out,use it up or make it your self.

current projects include building the rest of a machine shop from  used materials, keeping my 1971dodge dart ,63dodge truck and 1979 dodge van running, plus upkeep on yard (1.105acres in size) {need to fence it baaad}

profession; cnc/manual  machinist .... give me a chunk of material an a late or mill or both and a blueprint and I can make you just about anything

hobbies ; minature mechanics,1920-1960 styl electronic repair(tubes and Transisters) auto repair instruction for fun, fishing

other ;  singer - baritone/bass,owner of a five string banjo,owned by a cat and partial support for six more (they own my wife).

Who you calling old, Sonny boy? Just because my birth certificate is on birch bark there isn't any reason to be calling names.
machinist for hire/ mechanic at large
Warning : minstrel with a five string banjo
Avora LeBlanc
Deck Hand

« Reply #3640 on: March 29, 2010, 10:58:50 pm »

Hello everyone! I'm a violin maker and musician(violinist/singer) in Virginia. I've been reading the forum here on and off for a while, but since we're finally renovating our late 1800s farmhouse I get to redo my workshop! I thought I'd ask around here for ideas on how to make it as steampunk as I can. I'm sure there's already a thread for that, I'll look around in a bit, but I thought I'd say hello, and introduce myself. I'm glad I found the bookmark for this site again Smiley

Albert Einstein "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
OhSoSqueamish
Deck Hand

OhSoSqueamish
« Reply #3641 on: March 30, 2010, 03:22:12 am »

*wanders in, glancing around nervously* Um. Hi. I'm Brigid, and I just recently started getting into Steampunk... I find it really fascinating! Sooo I thought this would be a good place to start for learning more!

So. Hi. Cheesy
-Kao-
Swab

« Reply #3642 on: March 30, 2010, 09:22:39 pm »

Hallo!
I'm fairly new to the Steampunk Society. I've known about it for quite some time.. But wasn't really active at all until just recently (I attended the Nova Albion Steampunk Exhibition of March 2o1o). I'm a junior in high school, so I'm kept fairly busy.
I enjoy drawing, tho haven't been able to complete anything decent recently.
( http://www.furaffinity.net/user/-kao-/ )
I am not a furry, I just enjoy the community. .-.
I'm looking for friends (haven't run into many Steampunk teens) & Steampunk societies that are around LA.

http://steampunk.ning.com/profile/Kao

Yep. I'm very new. .-.
tantopat
Deck Hand

« Reply #3643 on: March 31, 2010, 04:59:11 pm »

I've just gotten into steampunk, so I thought it'd be fun and useful to join this forum. Tongue Anyway, I'm Tantopat, I'm 23, and I'm from the Wirral, in England.  I've always thought steampunk looked rather cool, but didn't really pay much attention to it until I met some steampunk cosplayers at Kitacon (a UK anime convention, for those who haven't heard of it ;^^) recently.  Meeting them turned out to be the highlight of the con for me, and it inspired me to properly check it out for myself. Smiley Now I'd love to get into it properly, but I'm not quite sure where to start. ;^^ Still, hopefully chatting with others here should help, and if nothing else, at least it should also give me the chance to make some new friends!
Screaming Lord Pea Green
Snr. Officer

Where the only wrong thought...is the right one.

« Reply #3644 on: March 31, 2010, 06:22:08 pm »

Owdoo tantopat, don't be afraid to ask around, we're really a very friendly bunch!
If you're ever across the Mersey, don't hesitate to giz a bell, meself, Princess Hale and Sir Nikolas Vendigroth do frequent the establishments here quite often, and we'd be more than happy to show you the ropes!

The Moral High Gound - A great place to position Artillery.
tantopat
Deck Hand

« Reply #3645 on: April 01, 2010, 10:26:35 pm »

Thanks for the welcome! I don't get to go to Liverpool as often as I'd like, but when I do, it'd be great to meet up with you sometime in the future! Smiley
Alpandia
Swab

« Reply #3646 on: April 02, 2010, 05:01:47 pm »

Greetings and Salutations!

My name is Alpandia and I hail from Florida.  I've been intrigued by Steampunk for some time, but through the catalystic pushing of a dear friend, have decided to jump head-first into the realm of mods and building.  I've been perusing the forums for projects and have been inspired!  I look forward to making a general pest of myself with questions.

Emmaline Medford
Gunner

« Reply #3647 on: April 04, 2010, 01:18:44 am »

Good day!

You may call me Emmaline. I discovered steampunk a number of years ago after seeing Jake von Slatt's steam computer, but I soon forgot about it. It wasn't until about a half a year ago that I suddenly became really interested in steampunk again! I've been lurking here for quite some time, and have now decided to make an account.

I'm glad I stumbled upon here.  Smiley
forumname
Swab

« Reply #3648 on: April 05, 2010, 07:51:29 am »

Hello.  I've been lurking the forums for awhile.  I enjoy watching the tactile forum.  I am currently restoring a house that was built in 1910.  The Midwestern United States has always been behind the times, so the house is very Victorian. 

This forum is an inspiration for all creative people.  A paragraph should be at least three sentences.  This is the third sentence.
Prakkari
Swab

« Reply #3649 on: April 06, 2010, 11:52:00 am »

Hello, my name is Charles and I hail from southern Louisiana. I discovered steampunk about 2 years ago when I was in a book store reading a alchemy book and a guy told me that if I had a interest in that to look up steampunk and I've been somewhat hooked ever since (even if I'm not that active about it)
I'm really hoping to learn some more and hopefully do a bit more steampunk involved stuff. About a year ago I LARPed with some friends out of state and ever since I've really wanted to become far more active in the subculture. I'm also hoping to pick up a tip or two for my alchemist costume since I noticed so many nice costumes seemed to always link back to this place.
Sorry to have rambled. Hopefully I can make a friend or two here and slowly learn a few things.

Oh sweet Damballah Wedo! What's that behind you! Right there! With the knife!
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: