The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 24, 2020, 04:23:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 295612 times)
Agent.Fang
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Gravatar

« Reply #3575 on: February 24, 2010, 08:03:46 pm »

Greetings and salutations! It is a pleasure to meet you!  Smiley
scott40k
Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3576 on: February 24, 2010, 09:50:10 pm »

The Pleasure is all mine.....
Count Alexander
Snr. Officer

Traditionally crazy...

« Reply #3577 on: February 24, 2010, 10:42:08 pm »

I assume from your name you like Warhammer 40,000k good sir?

"I don't think anyone's gonna buy a few dozen counts of self-defense with a sub-machine gun."
mizpriz
Deck Hand

« Reply #3578 on: February 25, 2010, 12:41:44 am »

Er - except Twilight. Of course, although I like it, I can and do willingly admit it's poorly written drivel. Still, I personally find that it is not without its charm. This is, of course, the books, and not the movies, which I am told are even more inferior than the books. But I am also aware that I am more tolerant than most when it comes to things I like (and here it's vampires). I can and have gone on at great length as to how horrible the books are, and yet, I read them all anyway, and to be fair, enjoyed them.
I was a fan of the books until about book 3 myself (when the characters had long been getting on my nerves), and to be honest the main reason I hate them are the legion of violently-fanatic 14-year-olds and the media that forces the actors on us at every turn! But I myself have been known to get really annoying in my own fangirlism. Grin
mizpriz
Deck Hand

« Reply #3579 on: February 25, 2010, 12:48:26 am »

It seems I have been steampunk for several years without knowing it, as I only discovered this wonderful phenomena a few months ago.
*raises hand* Me too! A bit more than a few months for me officially, but I've been interested in steampunk elements for years without knowing what it was. I started playing the Myst games around 10 years ago. I fell in love with the designs and technology and had no idea it had a name. I'd just thought it was a cool game idea. LOL
Lothar Erfinder
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #3580 on: February 25, 2010, 01:43:54 am »

I probably should have done this yesterday, but here we are...

Lothar Erfinder, at your service.

I'd always been a bit (brace yourselves) steamed (yes, I know, horrible) that the things I liked weren't everywhere, so imagine my surprise and delight when I discovered that, in fact, they were. I found this place and, I think, fell in love...

But I supposes I should properly introduce myself. I'm an aspiring writer and an avid reader, a bit of a scholar, and perhaps a bit mad. I love languages and edged implements, and hope to learn to use as many of each as I can.
Agent.Fang
Snr. Officer

Gravatar

« Reply #3581 on: February 26, 2010, 06:08:52 pm »

So splendid to meet you, Lothar! Indeed, we are all a bit mad. Yet who but one so mad as us could live with such creativity.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 06:10:28 pm by Agent.Fang » Logged
scott40k
Officer

« Reply #3582 on: February 26, 2010, 10:08:24 pm »

Once upon a time I did yes (it is a very old username that stuck and i knew I'd for get anything else!!) In fact is was an Eldar army :-)

I assume from your name you like Warhammer 40,000k good sir?
Alchemyst
Swab

RavenMacKay
« Reply #3583 on: February 28, 2010, 06:01:56 pm »

Hi, I'm new here but not new into steampunk. Well, actually I didn't knew that I am one 'till someone asked me: Are you one of these steampunks.
I always liked to dress like that, and I also made some jewelery etc in steampunk style for myself. I thought I'm a kind of a weird goth.
I'm following this forum since months. really interesting stuff here!
Well, I am actually from Glasgow but I live currently in Switzerland and want to move back to the UK soon.

If you want to know more about me, don't be shy to ask.
ClockworkToffer
Deck Hand

mechanical nature

pkmntrainerAsh
« Reply #3584 on: March 01, 2010, 06:48:53 pm »

Greetings!

I am happy to have finally joined this forum. For the past few days I was having a spot of trouble involving email activation codes. Ah well, anyway, it is a pleasure to make each of your acquaintances. My username explains a small bit of me already, I am clockworkToffer, and I am quite invested in the asthetics and general fun surrounding steampunk. Currently in attendance at university, I am both a History and Gender Studies major. It is my hope to get to know a great number of people through this forum which seems to be one of the greatest places to discuss steam-anything. Anyway, it has been lovely.

-clockworkT

-clockworkToffer
"the supreme type of vice"
Ben Hudson, Esq.
Snr. Officer

New avatar, same person.

« Reply #3585 on: March 01, 2010, 08:07:58 pm »

Greetings to one and all who have joined up in the 20 or so pages since I last came to say hello Smiley

Quod me non necat me confirmat

Cappuccino?! I'll give you a cappuccino!

Fellow of the Retrofuturist Society
JLCL01
Deck Hand

« Reply #3586 on: March 02, 2010, 07:09:10 am »

Salutations!

I really hope I'll have a fun time on this forum (After lurking around, however, maybe this place will be fun)
OurLadyofCarnage
Swab

Our Lady of Carnage

« Reply #3587 on: March 03, 2010, 09:05:31 am »

Greetings all! I have been lurking the BG forums for a long age, seeking much inspiration and revelry...thus I finally decided to create an account and join in on the fun. I just have a bad feeling (quoth Han Solo and assorted other characters) that my productivity is about to take a proverbial nose-dive, considering my unhindered access to the many threads here in these parts about a plethora of steamy topics, now with the ability to pitch in where conversation is concerned....::glances at the endless strings of tabs open atop her browser:: oh me, oh my!

In any case, a little about myself: I am of the fairer sex (some would say..), 23, living in Southwest Michigan with my fiance who is also quite steamy in his pursuits. I am an Anglophile, and a fan of historical fashion (the Victorian era being my absolute favorite.) I have certain proclivities toward sanguinarians. I love spending free time partaking of various incarnations of Sherlock Holmes (if it's radio drama, please give me Basil Rathbone, but if it's television, it simply MUST be the brilliant and tortured Jeremy Brett, may he rest in peace.) I dabble in experimental millinery, with my specialty being mini top hats and substantial fascinators. I also enjoy making mixed media jewelry with a steampunk bent. (I'll be at Acen in Chicago this year, peddling wares in Artist's Alley mostly as backup support for my artist friend's booth, if anyone should like to visit! I'll be the steampunk lolita! I'm not particularly into anime, or that side of these parts, but she gets busy and can use the backup. And I never miss an opportunity to ogle talented costumery for no good reason.)

Interesting facts....I am planning my wedding for early this fall, with Neo-Victorianism and steampunk being a major influence in theme, decor, and of course wardrobe. The event is at a restored Victorian theatre with the festivities continuing in a delightfully antique ballroom. Now if only I could find a reliable airship captain to whisk us away after the event to a far-off land of adventure...

Well, that's all for now! Delightful to meet you all. Charmed, I'm sure.

"A true warrior, like tea, shows his strength in hot water."
Ichabod Anderson
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

« Reply #3588 on: March 05, 2010, 01:49:41 am »

Ah, here we are. I was sure there was one of these around here somewhere, but was unable to remember where exactly it was.

Anyways, just wanted to pop in and say it's a lovely community you have here, and I hope I can contribute in some small way. I am also among those who loved the steampunk "style" if you will, but had no idea what it was called. I actually discovered it when my younger brother showed me a LEGO model he had found online. It was a steam powered dirigible, which looked marvelous. Thus, i started searching for more of this "Steampunk", and eventually found this site. And that's pretty much it.
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #3589 on: March 05, 2010, 02:39:52 am »

I actually discovered it when my younger brother showed me a LEGO model he had found online. It was a steam powered dirigible, which looked marvelous.
You have to love the wondrous world of LEGO  Smiley even though it is plastic  Wink

Welcome Ichabod
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 02:41:51 am by Voltin » Logged

"We often mingle with the world, but our discovery is hidden away, as it can be in a small compass, and no one suspects who or what we are. We pass as tourists among our fellow-men" - Mystery Airship Pilot 1858-1898
Ticktok
Deck Hand

« Reply #3590 on: March 05, 2010, 04:14:42 am »

Hi just joined yesterday, i love the steampunk stuff esspesally all the modern things modified to look more victorian.

I love the outfits to i oftan wear a tophat when im out but would love to put together a whole steampunk outfit.
RPGnerd
Gunner

« Reply #3591 on: March 05, 2010, 08:34:50 am »

Greetings and Salutations unto all,

I'm not a steam punk per-say but I am a fan of the genre and see crossovers with my personal interest in 1920s Lovecraftian Mythos, as the strange and fortean sciences run together in both areas.

I am a propmaker, pewtersmith and general artist focusing on a sundry mix of topics most often dealing with the fantastic and phantasmagorical, horrific and historical. I am a collector of items from the 1870s-1940s, from books to firearms.

My goal is to lurk, steal...umm...borrow ideas and inspiration and perhaps offer an answer to a question if I can prove able.
If you're curious what sort of nonsense I call my art, I am a deviant artist (that sounds wrong) on deviantArt http://vonmeer.deviantart.com/

In humility
RPGnerd AkA Vonmeer
Trouble
Deck Hand
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #3592 on: March 05, 2010, 06:10:16 pm »

Hello to you all, i am Trouble
I tried signing up more than a year ago, but the forum was down and i forgot all about it.
Now i'm back once again, and this time my mission succeeded  Grin
My real name (i mean AFK) is Elizabeth and i think it's steampunk apropriate. Trouble is my middle name  Cool

I'm a fashion designer (well my diploma says so) and i like to dress up. And even though i like the whole bring the values back into society thing, i'm just into steampunk because it looks nice.

I Hope to meet lots of nice people trough this forum
Aurelius 12
Deck Hand

« Reply #3593 on: March 05, 2010, 11:39:33 pm »

Well I figured this was the best place to start!

Hi all, I'm Aurelius 12, real name John Simpson Wedge. In the real world I'm a postgrad philosophy student and a museum educator/re-enactor. I've always been a steampunk fan, and I discovered these forums a few weeks ago. I've been lurking about ever since and figured it was about time I joined up!

Beware philosophers bearing cocktail sausages.
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #3594 on: March 06, 2010, 01:24:41 am »

Hello!

I've been reading the brass goggles blog for a while, although today is actually my first time on the forum.

I got interested in steampunk through some other blogs, mostly geek ones. (the spellcheck dictionary here does not list steampunk. odd.) I was reading some stuff about the early 1900's at the time that I thought was cool, and when I found out about steampunk, I thought it was pretty awesome. Cool

I'm not into the craft part of it much (yet) but I love the look of it, and I'm planning to try some stuff. (I tried to make some goggles today out of leather, but the secret of their construction eludes me as of yet...)

I don't have a 'persona' as of yet, and my name isn't really a reference to anything. (except sounding similar to Alessandro Volta, but that's more accidental than on purpose) I just thought it sounded nice, and sufficiently steampunk.

by the way, I was looking around on the Gutenberg website, and found a neat story, so I sent a blog submission in and it actually got used! Grin (the one that got posted yesterday titled Kipling and Airships) really good story, and how often does one find steampunk style fiction that's actually written in that age? (okay probably a lot, but I haven't found much yet.) So I guess that was my incentive to join the forum today. Grin

hope to talk more soon

-Alexis

~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~
tinmagpie
Deck Hand

« Reply #3595 on: March 06, 2010, 01:29:21 pm »

Good day! Thought I'd actually step into the rabbit hole of steampunk (if you'll excuse the cliche) and join the forum! I've been inspired by its inventive charm and can't wait to learn more about it. I wonder what kind of punker I will be?

mizpriz
Deck Hand

« Reply #3596 on: March 06, 2010, 11:19:45 pm »

If you're curious what sort of nonsense I call my art, I am a deviant artist (that sounds wrong) on deviantArt http://vonmeer.deviantart.com/

Your art is fascinating! I'm a deviant addict myself (having lost my artistic ability just after high school; I decided I had too many hobbies and had to narrow it down to keep my fragile sanity).
Kalei13
Gunner

"I aim to misbehave"

« Reply #3597 on: March 07, 2010, 07:46:01 am »

I'm Kalei.
I am honored to be here.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."
rod-on
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #3598 on: March 07, 2010, 11:38:32 am »

G'day
I am amazed, I've been a "steampunk" for 30 years and didn't know it!  Gogs and gears, over engineered machines, old clothes and wierd and wonderful gear.  I've devoured Steampunk Magazine and wish I was a lot younger, my wife says I'm going through my second childhood ... goggles, ray guns and brass lamps, airship pirate indeed!  Well damn the harpoons I'm looking for  my airship, I thought I parked it over there!  I'll be at Steampump in May, alas proper attire will need to wait for my tax refund ... but I'll be  there never the less.

Thank you all for being exactly what you are.

Cheers
Rod-on
MsKim
Snr. Officer

thepeachmartini
« Reply #3599 on: March 07, 2010, 06:01:59 pm »

Just thought I'd introduce myself here - I've been reading through the forums for a few days now, and figured I'd register as a member. I'm here to learn more about steampunk and to try to incorporate a little more of it into my every day ways. I love all things vintage, and I've bounced around eras for the last couple years. I'm deeply fond of the 40's and 50's, but I've always enjoyed the Victorian styles as well.

I will try not to be a stranger around here, but I can't promise I'll have much to say since I'm still learning Smiley Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself!

~Miss Amelia Featherstone~
Adventurer and Tinkerer
NW Indiana
"Why Kate, you're not wearing a bustle. How lewd." ~Doc Holliday, Tombstone
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: