The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 24, 2020, 04:24:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 295615 times)
Mad Marion
Deck Hand
United States United States

Marion, Madman Librarian

Lysine
« Reply #3550 on: February 15, 2010, 11:11:34 pm »

Hello ladies, gents, and huge greene thynges with lots of legges! I'm Marion. I've been into steampunk for a good three years now, and known of Brass Goggles for some time, but for some reason I put off joining until yesterday. But here I am!
Along with steampunk, I'm obsessed with Discworld, libraries, and writing.
I currently reside on the eastern side of California, but for some time I lived a biscuit-toss away from Santa Rosa, CA which I consider to be the steampunk capital of the world.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
Winston Smith
Gunner

Looking down the Garw Valley, Christmas 2008

« Reply #3551 on: February 16, 2010, 01:27:31 am »

Cool, Terry Pratchett rocks Grin
I just got Wintersmith
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 04:29:36 am by Winston Smith » Logged

Pirate by day, Ninja by night
I dabble in rocket science, when I'm not picking my nose
TobiVonRedwing
Deck Hand

« Reply #3552 on: February 17, 2010, 03:42:26 am »

Um, hello. I am.. new i suppose. Never been to this site. Um, my name is Tobi and I am a seamstress.. Umm.. I was encouraged to join from a friend known as The Architect. I'm from Oklahoma and I'm trying to up my business that i just started. I make and sell beautiful steam, and neo Victorian accessories for male and female people. Id love it if people took a look at my shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/VonRedwing?ga_search_query=VonRedwing&ga_search_type=seller_usernames

Visit VonRedwing for all your steam punk and Neo Victorian accessories.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/VonRedwing?ga_search_query=VonRedwing&ga_search_type=seller_usernames
Count_DarkFire
Swab

« Reply #3553 on: February 17, 2010, 03:51:16 am »

Hullo, I'm DarkFire, Though you can call me Josh. Or any other name I find amusing.
I'm here mostly to check out this site and see what is has to offer. As it has come with high regards.Not to mention I have an invested interest in your newest member besides myself. ^^ Tongue Anyways! Lets see how much fun we can create from this forum.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 04:02:26 am by Count_DarkFire » Logged
Nikoalia
Deck Hand

« Reply #3554 on: February 17, 2010, 09:31:45 pm »

hello there!
Im Nikoal, or Nikoalia, whichever you preffer.
My favorite activities include reading, writting, listening to music, and exploring.
I like to collect gears of all kinds, Victorian trinkets, and various style of keys (prefferably old skeleton keys.)
I love  to sew, cook, and create.
I'm very friendly, and look to meet new people!
: )
Feel free to PM me at any time!

~Aspiring Inventor~Primus Fan~Professional At Being 100% ME.~
CaptainAlwinn
Gunner

"The Drunk-sober Captain"

SariStrawberry
« Reply #3555 on: February 20, 2010, 12:35:14 am »

Hello there, one and all!

Name is Sariel N. Alwinn Sky Captain. I am seventeen and aging.
I like to cook clean and gardening.
I write a few tales and I'm apart of Toy Soldiers.

Nice to meet everyone here.

|Steam Operated| TS25030 | SKY CAPTAIN | Sariel N. Alwinn|Ship Captain of Renhs|Made of fiction |
Arvis
Zeppelin Admiral

Never underestimate the power of a hairless monkey

« Reply #3556 on: February 20, 2010, 03:43:07 am »

Welcome all newcomers!
Mind the trap doors and false panels, folks have been known to disappear with in their vicinity only to awaken on a lab table. (that is IF they awaken)  Wink

Arvis

DAG-NABBIT...I cut it and cut it and cut it... an it's STILL TOO SHORT!
mizpriz
Deck Hand

« Reply #3557 on: February 20, 2010, 08:01:32 am »

Ahoy! I'm Kristin, fan of steampunk for 2 years but only now really starting to get into it because it's taken me that long to amass a passable collection of thrift store skirts, scarves, and corsets. Now working on the brass accessories, bustles, and a couple of "good" quality corsets. I can sew reasonably well, and I'm planning to start up again with pirate costumes for myself and the kids.

I have 6 kids, all of whom are into steampunk as well, or Victorian-style goth. Cheesy I'm an old-school 80's goth myself, but found the neo-Victorian crowd to be much friendlier, and more fun than today's gaggle of teen hardcore goth wannabe's. My favorite group is Abney Park, and I also love Muse, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Danny Elfman, and all those 80's alternative groups. Love YA fantasy and steampunk; despise Twilight with a burning passion. My movie obsessions are Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter, LOTR, and anything Tim Burton.

I'm a writer and nearly ready for the second round of sending my first novel to agents (first round ended in my realization that the book needed more rewriting than I'd thought).

And right now I'm wearing the dogtag necklace inscribed with Nathaniel Johnstone's name and title (chief gunner and bartender). He gave it to my 9yo at the Wonderland Tim Burton Ball a few weeks ago!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 08:18:56 am by mizpriz » Logged
sevenlies
Officer

Hier kommt der panzermensch!

sevenlies
« Reply #3558 on: February 20, 2010, 05:36:09 pm »

I'm an old-school 80's goth myself, but found the neo-Victorian crowd to be much friendlier, and more fun than today's gaggle of teen hardcore goth wannabe's. My favorite group is Abney Park, and I also love Muse, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Danny Elfman, and all those 80's alternative groups. Love YA fantasy and steampunk; despise Twilight with a burning passion. My movie obsessions are Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter, LOTR, and anything Tim Burton.

You and I have a ton of things in common - the most important being that we hate Twilight with a passion.  Tongue  Welcome!

Iphigenia P. Askew
Founding member of The Ladies Supernatural Exterminators Association - New Orleans Local no. 13

Seven lies multiplied by seven
Multiplied by seven again
Seven angels with seven trumpets
Send them home on the morning train
mizpriz
Deck Hand

« Reply #3559 on: February 20, 2010, 07:49:23 pm »

Thank goodness! I stopped going to a writing forum because all the women my age were Twilight freaks. Not that they weren't nice, but it was starting to creep me out. I'm very tolerant of people with different tastes than mine, but you can only hear a group of middle-aged women gush over Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner so many times before you run away screaming. Grin
Winston Smith
Gunner

« Reply #3560 on: February 20, 2010, 08:47:43 pm »

What's Twilight?
mizpriz
Deck Hand

« Reply #3561 on: February 20, 2010, 08:57:10 pm »

What's Twilight?
Only the scourge of modern American literature (and movies). And if you really haven't heard of it, I envy you!
Winston Smith
Gunner

« Reply #3562 on: February 20, 2010, 09:02:16 pm »

I've been 'poorly'   Grin
mizpriz
Deck Hand

« Reply #3563 on: February 20, 2010, 09:16:35 pm »

Tee hee Cheesy
Athanor
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!

« Reply #3564 on: February 21, 2010, 01:02:58 am »

I'm 65, just retired, and now I can do all the stuff I WANT to do rather than waste time earning a living!

I guess I've been Steampunk all my life without knowing it. I love old machinery, old cars, old ships, old buildings, old music (Celtic, Baroque, Renaissance), science fiction ( I grew up reading Verne and Wells, which permanently warped my psyche into a parallel dimension), alchemy, reading, discussing philosophy and ranting about bureaucracy. I'm not into computer games but fascinated by the world of CG special effects; "Lord of the Rings", "Golden Compass" and "Avatar" are particular favourites.

I live in Western Canada; anyone else active out here on the Western Edge of the Known Universe?

Athanor

"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And quite often, he shall wish he hadn't."

- Elias Ashmole Crackbone.
Eftwyrd
Swab

Brazil Brazil

They came from behind

« Reply #3565 on: February 21, 2010, 07:43:41 am »

Sup, im new around so dont bully me much. just remember i got big guns.

What can be said'bout me is that i was always a fan of steampunk tech and been here and there, im a GURPS (table-top RPG system) player, and i did a couple steampunk campaigns. im a fan of course, of brass goggles and monocles, and the usual steamworld. Of course, i like playing the engineer-alchemist-mechanic type. so thats it.

So... so you think you can tell, heathen from infidel.
the Brass Teaspoon
Swab

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3566 on: February 22, 2010, 01:42:04 am »

Hi, I'm Tom. I've been vaguely interested in steampunk for a while. I got very interested when I first came across it as a movement, but to my eternal shame, lost interest a bit, and sort of drifted away from steamy-stuff. My interest has been renewed recently, as my girlfriend just independantly discovered steampunk.

I live in whitby, where, apart from the goth weekend (and Abney Park last year), I have ready access to various steamy things (the steam railway, the steam bus, the museum of victorian science...) and I feel it would be a crying shame for me not to fully avail myself of the opportunities my location affords me. To this end, I joined the forum, and... well, here we are.
aldebaran
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

clfornax
« Reply #3567 on: February 22, 2010, 04:54:48 am »

Hi, everyone, I'm new too. I'm a corset enthusiast (comfortable daily wear, not tight-lacing), discovered Steampunk that way, and enjoy the aesthetic - the mix of the romantic and the mechanical, the past and a potential future.

I geek out over biology, history, languages, Star Trek, She-Ra, Spyro the Dragon, and skepticism. I share my home with my fiance, quite a few orchids, a great many books, and our "kids",  a dog and a snake.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 05:12:28 am by aldebaran » Logged

Author of Fornax Rising
Tywyn
Gunner

Karlotta Amelia Rebecca Lansport

« Reply #3568 on: February 23, 2010, 07:08:48 pm »

I'm an old-school 80's goth myself, but found the neo-Victorian crowd to be much friendlier, and more fun than today's gaggle of teen hardcore goth wannabe's. My favorite group is Abney Park, and I also love Muse, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Danny Elfman, and all those 80's alternative groups. Love YA fantasy and steampunk; despise Twilight with a burning passion. My movie obsessions are Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter, LOTR, and anything Tim Burton.

I'm a writer and nearly ready for the second round of sending my first novel to agents (first round ended in my realization that the book needed more rewriting than I'd thought).

You and I should get along famously! We share a lot of interests!

Er - except Twilight. Of course, although I like it, I can and do willingly admit it's poorly written drivel. Still, I personally find that it is not without its charm. This is, of course, the books, and not the movies, which I am told are even more inferior than the books. But I am also aware that I am more tolerant than most when it comes to things I like (and here it's vampires). I can and have gone on at great length as to how horrible the books are, and yet, I read them all anyway, and to be fair, enjoyed them.

But oh! Tim Burton is a hero in my eyes! He has single-handedly restored my dwindling faith in the business of picture-shows. And Depeche Mode - Ah... now there is some music!

Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #3569 on: February 23, 2010, 09:14:50 pm »

Welcome aldebaran.

I geek out over biology, history, languages, Star Trek, She-Ra, Spyro the Dragon, and skepticism. I share my home with my fiance, quite a few orchids, a great many books, and our "kids",  a dog and a snake.

My wife and I are fans of the He-Man She-Ra cartoons and even named our cat She-Ra  Cheesy
I like Star Trek also but love Star Wars.

You should find BG to be a great place with a wonderful mix of interesting people.

"We often mingle with the world, but our discovery is hidden away, as it can be in a small compass, and no one suspects who or what we are. We pass as tourists among our fellow-men" - Mystery Airship Pilot 1858-1898
aldebaran
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

clfornax
« Reply #3570 on: February 24, 2010, 01:10:27 am »

My wife and I are fans of the He-Man She-Ra cartoons and even named our cat She-Ra  Cheesy

Thank you for the warm welcome, Voltin. She-Ra is a great name for a kitty. Smiley
MissBelaqua
Deck Hand

« Reply #3571 on: February 24, 2010, 01:14:44 am »

Along with steampunk, I'm obsessed with Discworld, libraries, and writing.

I agree with all of this!

Hi, I'm Lily and have been lurking around here for a while now so I thought I'd introduce myself. It seems I have been steampunk for several years without knowing it, as I only discovered this wonderful phenomena a few months ago.
I'm very glad I have discovered steampunk- and Brass Goggles seems to be a great place.

I'm currently at university studying English Literature (an excuse to have my nose permanently stuck in a book  Grin) and I love all things geeky- Star Trek, Discworld and Doctor Who especially!

Looking forward to chatting with you all  Smiley

-O=O-
Athanor
Zeppelin Admiral
Canada Canada

Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!

« Reply #3572 on: February 24, 2010, 06:35:02 am »

Quote, "It seems I have been steampunk for several years without knowing it."

You too, Miss Belaqua?

I wonder how many more of us might say exactly that?

Welcome to the steamiest forum in the known universe.
Arvis
Zeppelin Admiral

Never underestimate the power of a hairless monkey

« Reply #3573 on: February 24, 2010, 11:29:06 am »

Quote, "It seems I have been steampunk for several years without knowing it."

You too, Miss Belaqua?

I wonder how many more of us might say exactly that?

Welcome to the steamiest forum in the known universe.

A great many of us actually. It's quite a common phrase in these parts.
I felt the same way myself having some of my earliest memories being going to the theatre to watch "The Island at the Top of the World" and on television two movies that stuck in my mind were "Captain Nemo and the Underwater City" and of course "20,000 Leagues under the sea".

Indeed, you are in good company.  Smiley

Arvis
scott40k
Officer

« Reply #3574 on: February 24, 2010, 07:44:00 pm »

Good Day To You All.....

I'm new here and hopefully shall meet lots of you at The Asylum in Lincoln! (which I have Volunteered to help on the Saturday Evening!)

Thanks

Scott.

Possibly Tristan De'Vere in the near future! How does that sound......? Is it SteamPunk enough>?
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: