The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 24, 2020, 04:24:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 295613 times)
TheBrassDuke
Gunner
United States United States

The Brass Duke

« Reply #3525 on: February 12, 2010, 01:12:20 am »

I think the forum should have a religion thread, then, so we don't have to wage war throughout several. Moderators be warned, lawyers are quick to stand by my side should you dare cross me.

Religion is not always bad to discuss, and I shall prove it.

Again, be warned.

~The Brass Duke~

"What our dreams imagine, our hands create."
Arvis
Zeppelin Admiral

Never underestimate the power of a hairless monkey

« Reply #3526 on: February 12, 2010, 01:27:06 am »

I think the forum should have a religion thread, then, so we don't have to wage war throughout several. Moderators be warned, lawyers are quick to stand by my side should you dare cross me.

Religion is not always bad to discuss, and I shall prove it.

Again, be warned.

Please Mr. Duke,

Introduction thread is hardly the place to pick a fight with the powers that be. I feel the response team is hitching up already....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Arvis

EDIT:
 P.S. didn't you say something about not mentioning it again?
Pfft. Very well. I shall not mention it again, but I do not agree. You shouldn't outlaw subjects simply because you don't want to hear about it. Whatever.

/EDIT
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 01:59:20 am by Arvis » Logged

DAG-NABBIT...I cut it and cut it and cut it... an it's STILL TOO SHORT!
ArCh@IcStraIN
Deck Hand

Earth, Wind, Water, Fire, Steam

« Reply #3527 on: February 12, 2010, 03:30:35 am »

Bwah ha ha, yes!  Religion is nothing to be feared. 
Give us the thread to discuss at leisure those things that some find are dear to them.
As long as we do this in a gentlemanly fashion, there should be no problems.
Now let the duel begin!!

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

TheBrassDuke
Gunner

The Brass Duke

« Reply #3528 on: February 12, 2010, 04:56:36 am »

Th Duke knows how to handle this sort of thing. And though it was said in the rules, that there is to be no religious talk throughout the forum, it never once said that I could not begin a thread. I know that there's loopholes, as that is what I look for all the time. And some people ENJOY talking about religion. If no one else wants to hear it? Well, don't visit the thread. We're not going to waste time private-mesaging each person to rant. No, not at all. A new thread is born!

And I am definitely NOT above bringing in lawyers should an attempt to silence me arise. I've got three on standby as it is. Do not make this a case for me.
ArCh@IcStraIN
Deck Hand

« Reply #3529 on: February 12, 2010, 05:11:42 am »

And it began....
Rowan of Rin
Zeppelin Admiral
Australia Australia

~The Black Blood Alchemist~

« Reply #3530 on: February 12, 2010, 05:46:02 am »

*MOD HAT ON*
TheBrassDuke, you are a guest of the forum and if you do not agree with the rules, that is fine, but you are not welcome here. Being purposefully antagonistic is not a smart idea. I would suggest if you wish to remain as a guest of the forum, you will respect the rules set in place, or find somewhere else.
*MOD HAT OFF*

I'm as mad as I am, but no madder!
Live in Victoria? Check out the Victoria Meet Up Thread!
TheBrassDuke
Gunner

The Brass Duke

« Reply #3531 on: February 12, 2010, 06:38:03 am »

I am not trying to BE purposefully antagonistic. We simply began a small conversation on how we saw the two types of pagans that people confuse as the same thing, I was spoken to by someone in the thread, and now I think that it's time I created a haven for this topic. I mean, how else am I supposed to find people who share my religious bases on here if you people like to reign over as gods of what we discuss? And locking my damn thread? Seriously? Was it truly causing harm? No. You had better hope you've got a good lawyer should I be banned.
GeronimoJackson
Swab

stevejmeyers
« Reply #3532 on: February 12, 2010, 07:10:40 am »

I'm just like...wat?

Anywho, welcome to all of you new members. Long live the Queen and Nicola Tesla, and may the Brass Empire shut down that crackpot thief Edison!

Organize before they rise.
Tywyn
Gunner

Karlotta Amelia Rebecca Lansport

« Reply #3533 on: February 12, 2010, 08:31:27 am »

Yes... I'm just trying to stay away from it... I fear repercussions if I get to close...  Huh

Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth
« Reply #3534 on: February 12, 2010, 12:12:15 pm »

And I am definitely NOT above bringing in lawyers should an attempt to silence me arise. I've got three on standby as it is. Do not make this a case for me.

Grow up, you petulant child.

You've thrown your toys out of your pram because you didn't get what you wanted, when you wanted it.

Why do you continue to post here?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 12:28:34 pm by Sir Nikolas Vendigroth » Logged
elShoggotho
« Reply #3535 on: February 12, 2010, 12:47:49 pm »

...and there goes the default respect every new member gets. I tend to treat new members like ladies and gentlemen by default, lest they prove to be scallywags.
TimeTinker
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Steampunk Facilitator MVSS

« Reply #3536 on: February 12, 2010, 01:28:49 pm »

Sir,  why not return to steampunk which is the raison d'etre of this place? It is actually a great place to hang around in and you can be sure of a good time and some spirited discourse anyway.  We all have our ups and downs but there are far more ups than downs here so it is worth participating.

I know that there's loopholes, as that is what I look for all the time.

I am very sorry Sir but the rules are very specific:

"Purposefully seeking grey areas between rules and their wording and/or experimenting by seeing how far you can stretch a rule are seen as rule violations in themselves and may be acted upon as a rule violation."

I am afraid you have condemned yourself and your lawyers will confirm this.

BE SPLENDID!
ArCh@IcStraIN
Deck Hand

« Reply #3537 on: February 12, 2010, 02:30:30 pm »

To one and all:
I apologize to you all for my hand in any of this ruffling of feathers and I assure you that there will be no further pursuit of afore mentioned topic.  I am new here and do not wish to start my time off here in a negative manner.  Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and the derailment of this thread.

To the Duke:
Again, you may PM me to talk about afore mentioned topic as I originally requested.  Also, these gents have allowed us a grand place to discuss our interests and though you may have lawyers; it is in high doubt that anything can be done since you agreed to adhere to all rules and regulations the moment you created your profile, as did I.
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

Not in front of the men..................

« Reply #3538 on: February 12, 2010, 03:28:34 pm »

I'm just like...wat?

Anywho, welcome to all of you new members. Long live the Queen and Nicola Tesla, and may the Brass Empire shut down that crackpot thief Edison!

Well said sir

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #3539 on: February 12, 2010, 03:30:16 pm »

I really like your Profile picture Tywyn, where you get it?
Tywyn
Gunner

« Reply #3540 on: February 12, 2010, 05:32:04 pm »

I really like your Profile picture Tywyn, where you get it?

I... heh heh. I have to admit to having been rather lazy when I did it. I usually make my own icons and banners and such. But for this one, I merely went to photobucket and typed in a search for "steampunk avatars". This was the one that I liked best.
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #3541 on: February 12, 2010, 06:00:46 pm »

well it worked a treat Smiley
Tywyn
Gunner

« Reply #3542 on: February 12, 2010, 06:58:25 pm »

As you can see now, I've become less lazy in my efforts, and created my own signature banner. And also, I thank you for the compliment on my tastes. Smiley
OoJeremyoO
Deck Hand

« Reply #3543 on: February 12, 2010, 07:49:45 pm »

Hey all! My name is Jeremy, and I am real happy to have finally found this forum. I'm 33 years old, live in Virginia (near D.C.), and I also frequent the Renaissance forum. I just recently got into steampunk, 'cause, ya know, it's kinda... renaissance-like. I think. Anyway, My hobbies are video games (RPG and whatnot), music (Opeth, Epica, Savatage, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, a dozen or so country artists, etc.), drawing (I very rarely find inspiration to do that nowadays, which is pretty sad), watching True Blood like a madman, comedies like Scrubs (I haven't watched the newer episodes yet... it's just not the same.), I love zombie movies (and the newer remakes of stuff like Rob Zombie's Halloween and stuff). I guess that's about enough. If you wanna know anything else, just email me. Again, I'm happy to be here.

Have you read Max Brooks' "The Zombie Survival Guide" yet?
My favorite band is Opeth.
My favorites game series is Dragon Quest.
Count Alexander
Snr. Officer

Traditionally crazy...

« Reply #3544 on: February 12, 2010, 09:11:27 pm »

As a representative of the Guild of DC, I welcome you to Brassgoggles. Welcome take a look around. Might I direct your attention to the guild of DC thread. Plenty of people who live near DC, and hang about for Steampunk activities and merriment.

"I don't think anyone's gonna buy a few dozen counts of self-defense with a sub-machine gun."
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #3545 on: February 13, 2010, 01:09:53 am »

As you can see now, I've become less lazy in my efforts, and created my own signature banner. And also, I thank you for the compliment on my tastes. Smiley

Yes I see, it knocks mine into a cocked hat Smiley
OoJeremyoO
Deck Hand

« Reply #3546 on: February 13, 2010, 03:28:09 am »

As a representative of the Guild of DC, I welcome you to Brassgoggles. Welcome take a look around. Might I direct your attention to the guild of DC thread. Plenty of people who live near DC, and hang about for Steampunk activities and merriment.
cool, thank you, good sir. i'm always looking for new friends.
LadyBird
Deck Hand

« Reply #3547 on: February 14, 2010, 03:34:51 am »

I've been looking around for a month or two, and I went to search for "phone mod" about ten minutes ago, but I didn't have an account.. so now I do!

My name is LadyBird.  Hi!

I'll be going to Tekkoshocon this April with my friends as a Steampunk airship crew, and I'll be the captain.  Anyway, back to watching the Olympics, now.

So long for now!

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.

C.S. Lewis
PurpleCrow
Swab

« Reply #3548 on: February 15, 2010, 10:41:04 am »

Hello!

Love the forum, only just become interested in Steampunk stuff in the last few weeks, waiting for a necklace to come soon, very excited Cheesy

Anyways, looking forward to chatting and learning more!
Arvis
Zeppelin Admiral

Never underestimate the power of a hairless monkey

« Reply #3549 on: February 15, 2010, 11:22:26 am »

Welcome new folks, enjoy the stay. Smiley
(mind the trap doors and false walls)

Arvis
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: