Author Topic: Steampunk Extravaganza in Colorado?  (Read 768 times)

Vorpal Bandersnatch

• Officer
    • Adamson Imagery - Photography Extraordinaire!
Steampunk Extravaganza in Colorado?
« on: October 07, 2011, 04:56:07 pm »
Not sure if anybody else has heard about this, but I was just listening to NPR and they announced this:

Running Steam Engines, Victorian Inspired Art Show and Sale, Visit Historic Bingham Hill Cemetery, with recitations of Poe, Steampunk Vendors and Food, Elucidation of the Etiquette of High Tea and Many More Attractions to Amaze and Amuse! Victorianesque/Steampunk Attire Encouraged, but Not Required.

$5 Admission includes bus ride to Bingham Hill Cemetery at 2 p.m. and/or 7 p.m. and a ballot to decide the winning artists!

I don't know how many folks on this forum live in the area, but I thought it sounded kind of neat, and I might try to make it over tomorrow if I can find the time.

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/kunc/events.eventsmain?action=showEvent&eventID=1176697
Philosophy, discovery, art, every sort of skill, every sort of service, love; these are the means of salvation from that narrow loneliness of desire, that brooding preoccupation with self and egotistical relationships, which is hell for the individual, treason to the race, and exile from God.[Wells]