Author Topic: The Artifice Club present 2nd Annual Mechanical Masquerade, November 12th, ATL  (Read 1740 times)

Wilhelmina Frame

• Zeppelin Captain
    • Steampunk Chronicle
Please join us for the 2nd Annual Mechanical Masquerade, November 12th in Atlanta, GA.

I'm producing the fashion show for this event. Hope to see you there!

for tickets and more info:
http://www.theartificeclub.com/2nd-annual-mechanical-masquerade.html

Part Time Lion Tamer
Editrix de Mode, Steampunk Chronicle
Founder, American Tea Duelling Society

Strapped-4-Cache

• Snr. Officer
  • Oooo! Shiny!
Mme Frame:

I am an Atlanta resident and am considering attending this event.

I see that one of the requirements is black tie formal wear or a theme appropriate costume.  Though my outfit should be complete, or nearly complete, by the date of the Masquerade, I am unsure if it is appropriate for this event.  My character is a working man instead of a gentleman, and his clothing reflects his position in society.  Is such an outfit acceptable, or would it be better to put together something with a little more finesse?

Wilhelmina Frame

• Zeppelin Captain
    • Steampunk Chronicle
I believe the dress code, while preferred, has been relaxed somewhat. But let me verify this with the good Doctor Q so I do not lead you astray.

Wilhelmina Frame

• Zeppelin Captain
    • Steampunk Chronicle
A mask is a must, face painting OK too, and while a formal outfit would be preferred it is not required. Hope to see you there!

ForestB

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • Lady of the copper frogs
I am attending.. Working on my mask right now!
Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com

Wilhelmina Frame

• Zeppelin Captain
    • Steampunk Chronicle
Haha, yeah I need to work on mine too!

Strapped-4-Cache

• Snr. Officer
  • Oooo! Shiny!
Yep.  I picked up two masks last night to "fancy up" for the masquerade, but I'm unable to think of anything to do to them yet.  The few ideas that appealed to me require bits and bobs that I either don't have or can't afford at the moment.  As much as I want to include some cogs and gears, I will NOT begin to dismantle one of my pocket watches.

Currently they are sitting on the table staring at me, expressionless and accusing.   :(

ForestB

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • Lady of the copper frogs
Well my mask is basically done, except for a way to attach it to my face.. It's made of thin copper and brass sheeting, with beads and feathers and a little leather..

Strapped-4-Cache

• Snr. Officer
  • Oooo! Shiny!
My mask is finished and has my wife's approval.

The project would not have been completed if it weren't for my wife's wisdom.  I loaded my daughters in the car, took them to the craft store and allowed them to pick out masks and supplies to create their own works of art.  This allowed me the time to work on my own mask without their "help".  :)

It's surprising that visibility is still pretty good with the mask.  Small dead spot in left and right peripheral, but everything else seems clear and the fit is comfortable. 

Looking forward to meeting up with others next weekend.

- Mark