The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 13, 2019, 03:29:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweden Register of Interest  (Read 27596 times)
Warwolt the engineer
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2007, 10:57:09 pm »

bah! Im more for steampunk itself than the victorian style. Im all for the machinery and GOGGLES. god Brass goggles in all their shapes and forms are just adorable Wink The same goes for Aether/Clockwork-backpacks  Smiley
No one have mentioned Sciefiction bokhandeln in stockhom (gammla stan to be exact) yet, they got some nice books. Both literary and roleplay.
oskila
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

Robber of graves, watcher of birds, drinker of ale

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2007, 11:02:42 pm »

There is also a science fiction-bokhandeln (SF-bookstore) in Gothenburg, but I think all concerned already know that Smiley

Whoever after due and proper warning shall be heard to utter the abominable word "Frisco", which has no linguistic or other warrant, shall be deemed guilty of a High Misdemeanor, and shall pay into the Imperial Treasury as penalty the sum of twenty-five dollars. (Emperor Norton I of the US, 1872)
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2007, 11:06:19 pm »

There is also a bookstore in Lund with some good stuff, both fantasy and sci-fi.

Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.
Russandol
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2007, 08:32:15 am »

There is also a science fiction-bokhandeln (SF-bookstore) in Gothenburg, but I think all concerned already know that Smiley

That one's not close to the size of the one in Stockholm though...
Arclight
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2007, 06:41:52 pm »

Next in line for säpo registration... Hello, ladies and gents. Thought I'd better say hi.
And while I'm here, could anyone recommend a good place to buy textiles? In Gothenburg, maybe? I've been through the ones close to me already. I mean, how hard can it be to find something nice for a vest?
IvanDrugostrov
Zeppelin Captain
Sweden Sweden

Have gun, will travel

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2007, 07:34:54 pm »

Next in line for säpo registration... Hello, ladies and gents. Thought I'd better say hi.
And while I'm here, could anyone recommend a good place to buy textiles? In Gothenburg, maybe? I've been through the ones close to me already. I mean, how hard can it be to find something nice for a vest?

I know of only one textile shop of sufficient size, and in GBG, but I can't remember it's name, and I'm no good with street names. I think it might by Övre Husargatan. It's right at the edge of Annedal, close to Olivedalsgatan. Don't know if that is any help at all.

Support your local struggling author!
Enjoy my retro web page.
www.necroterra.com
Arclight
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2007, 10:32:06 am »

Well, it's a start at least, something to keep in mind the next time I go there. Thanks!
oskila
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2007, 12:17:34 pm »

I know of only one textile shop of sufficient size, and in GBG, but I can't remember it's name, and I'm no good with street names. I think it might by Övre Husargatan. It's right at the edge of Annedal, close to Olivedalsgatan. Don't know if that is any help at all.

Myrins textil. They have a more outlet-ish store in the Sävenäs area also.
IvanDrugostrov
Zeppelin Captain
Sweden Sweden

Have gun, will travel

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2007, 12:19:55 pm »

Myrins textil. They have a more outlet-ish store in the Sävenäs area also.

Oskila is quite right. That's the one.
Arclight
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2007, 02:06:08 pm »

Excellent! You have my thanks!
Warwolt the engineer
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2007, 09:29:40 pm »

Anyone know where I get good gears in Stockholm? Ive found myself quite fancied by creating neclaces and ornaments, and Ive already got a few things going on in my mind but I need some info about getting the right stuff in stockholm Smiley
August_Cobb
Officer
Sweden Sweden

The marvelous August Cobb at your service!

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2007, 10:49:06 pm »

hello everyone, this is my first post here ^^ i'm swede..
well i've almost finished with my first ever home made googles with a chronovisor
what's the swedish word for chronovisor?

what cannot be done, i shall do! in the name of science
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2007, 11:51:59 pm »

I doubt there is a swedish word for it, I don´t even know what it is. But it sounds latin.
Arclight
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2007, 09:22:29 am »

Warwolt: I'd say find a second hand store, and buy an old clock.

August_Cobb: I doubt there is a swedish word for chronovisor, no. Also, a quick read of the wikipedia article tells me that the chronovisor was a pretty large thing. How do you plan on translating that to something that fits on your goggles? I'm looking forward to seeing pics!
Warwolt the engineer
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2007, 02:28:37 pm »

Kronovisir? Kronoskärm?  Grin
Thanks for the idea, might just have to snatch a clock. Damn I know we had one of those old things before but I guess we threw it!
August_Cobb
Officer
Sweden Sweden

The marvelous August Cobb at your service!

« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2007, 09:58:51 pm »

August_Cobb: I doubt there is a Swedish word for chronovisor, no. Also, a quick read of the wikipedia article tells me that the chronovisor was a pretty large thing. How do you plan on translating that to something that fits on your goggles? I'm looking forward to seeing pics!

well it's not very big, and sits on the right side of my goggles, and is connected to a antenna which absorbs time masses and load in to the extra lens ^^
Warwolt the engineer
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2007, 08:38:26 am »

Instead of transmitting chrono-waves perhaps its a form of aerial that transmits data to a chronovisor in your lab? And as its travell in time (and space  Grin) you dont have to worry about the length. So the goggles recieves information and sends it to the Chronovior then its sent back  Wink
Dr_Lew_Addle
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2007, 10:36:51 am »

Well now i have my brasingtorch,silversolder,flux and some other supplies so now i just have to polish up on my soldering skills.
Warwolt the engineer
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2007, 01:10:56 pm »

En fråga varför talar vi inte svenska i tråden? Är det för at inte skrämma bort icke-svenska medlemmar?
oskila
Snr. Officer
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2007, 02:18:15 pm »

ungefär. tråden är ju en allmän diskussion som alla andra, så alla ska kunna vara med.

<translation>
SV:En fråga varför talar vi inte svenska i tråden? Är det för at inte skrämma bort icke-svenska medlemmar?

EN:A question, why don't we speak swedish in this thread. Is it because we don't want to scare non-Swedish members away?

SV:ungefär. tråden är ju en allmän diskussion som alla andra, så alla ska kunna vara med.

EN: More or less. This thread is a public discussion like the other, so everyone should be able to participate.
</translation>
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2007, 04:34:14 pm »

I do think the moderators would be annoyed if we started speaking in Swedish, seeing as they would no longer be able to moderate us. It also keeps swedish chef jokes to a minimum.
Warwolt the engineer
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2007, 04:35:03 pm »

Ah, so I guess the thread is more like  "Thread o sweds" than "Thread for sweds"  Wink
IvanDrugostrov
Zeppelin Captain
Sweden Sweden

Have gun, will travel

« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2007, 06:07:25 pm »

Indeed. I'm just rounding us all up, so we can exchange info that is relevant to our locale. And also, if we ever plan a meet.
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2007, 06:08:40 pm »

I´m suprised at the number of swedes on here. A scandinavian meetup could be a definite possibility. I do wonder where all the norwegians are though.
Warwolt the engineer
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2007, 06:21:12 pm »

I think (atleast thats how I see it) sweden is very open to ... well everything. We aren't to much for "swedish" stuff and more of international things. Might be so in other countries but I get the feel most countries want their own stuff rather than others. Or its just that sweds love steampunk... I don't know.

A steampunk meetup at a Con somewhere now that sounds really interesting!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: