Author Topic: Tourist Trap- totally worth hitting on your next roadtrip!  (Read 852 times)

Polaris

• Snr. Officer
  • "You again?! What are you? The Plague?"
    • Steel City Steam Guild
Tourist Trap- totally worth hitting on your next roadtrip!
« on: September 11, 2011, 04:48:37 pm »
http://www.mtv.com/videos/extreme-cribs-ep-6/1670411/playlist.jhtml

Shameless plug for the Trundle Manor in Pittsburgh Pa. Like what you see? Help us go viral by posting this link on your social networks!! ;D

Also check them out here: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/25367
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 04:50:20 pm by Polaris »
"Then the Gods of the Market tumbled, and their smooth-tongued wizards withdrew
And the hearts of the meanest were humbled and began to believe it was true
That all is not gold that glitters, and two and two make four
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings limped up to explain it once more."~Kipling; 1919

Madame Curatrix

• Snr. Officer
Re: Tourist Trap- totally worth hitting on your next roadtrip!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 09:07:36 pm »
Ahhh, I was investigating the Trundle Manor website just yesterday and lamenting the fact that Mr. Arm's Traveling Creep Show will apparently no longer be making its much-anticipated appearance at the Steampunk Horologia Festival next weekend.

That was a really fun tour of the major on the Extreme Cribs episode. I seem to remember seeing 'Trixie' elsewhere in this forum. As a fellow collector and admirer of antique and vintage taxidermy (and other odd/unusual things), I was also very pleased by the enormous variety of preserved fauna in the Manor.

Well done!

D.Oakes

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 11:57:43 pm »
And all I'm bringing that could be considered an oddity is a small Victorian case containing human hair.... :-X  Creeps me out.  I'll take jars of body parts and animals any day. 
"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over." -Rhett Butler

Polaris

• Snr. Officer
  • "You again?! What are you? The Plague?"
    • Steel City Steam Guild
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 01:02:20 am »
Thanks guys! We're all really disappointed that we're not gonna make the festival. :'( We couldn't get the trailer licensed in time and it's impossible for us to load everything into the vehicles we have. Namely just due to gas prices.... Sucks to be starving artists.... We're really hoping the museum will give us a second chance next year. As you see in the video, we've got a really impressive collection, and you know the traveling show will be just as spectacular on a smaller scale.