Author Topic: Steampunk Horologia Festival- National Watch & Clock Museum  (Read 2560 times)

Polaris

• Snr. Officer
  • "You again?! What are you? The Plague?"
    • Steel City Steam Guild
Steampunk Horologia Festival- National Watch & Clock Museum
« on: August 30, 2011, 07:55:31 pm »
For all our North easterners, The National Watch and Clock Museum in Columbia PA is hosting a splendid weekend long event September 16th- 17th! Only $20 gets you both days worth of festivities!

The Museum is only an  hour from DC, 2 hours from Philly and 4 hours from NYC!! So it's a good little weekend trip!

See more information on their website:

http://www.nawcc.org/index.php/special-events/steampunk-horologia-festival
"Then the Gods of the Market tumbled, and their smooth-tongued wizards withdrew
And the hearts of the meanest were humbled and began to believe it was true
That all is not gold that glitters, and two and two make four
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings limped up to explain it once more."~Kipling; 1919

markf

• Goggleologist
    • Steampunk and Retrofuture Designs of Maryland
Re: Steampunk Horologia Festival- National Watch & Clock Museum
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 11:32:22 am »
I'm in York periodically, I shall try to attend on Sat the 17th. markf
US ARMY-WORKING HARDER, NOT SMARTER. Steampunk Smart Car & Office Cubicle, Levitating Mossarium, Dive Pocket Watch; 1915 Wilson Goggles/Swing-Arm Monocular; Boiling Tube Lamp; Pocket Watch/Cell Phone; Air Kraken Augmentotron. http://sites.google.com/site/steampunkretrofuturedesignsmd

Polaris

• Snr. Officer
    • Steel City Steam Guild
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 01:12:59 am »
It'll be the first ever appearance of The Trundle Manor's Traveling Creepshow. :)

D.Oakes

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 09:56:15 pm »
My business partner and I missed the deadline to have a stand.  (Mental Note: ditch business partner....done)  However I'm rounding up a few friends to go on Saturday. 
"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over." -Rhett Butler

Polaris

• Snr. Officer
    • Steel City Steam Guild
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 01:54:44 pm »
Definitely stop by Mr. Arm's Traveling Creepshow and say hello! We're showing up Friday for the Ball and will be hanging out all Saturday. :D

Madame Curatrix

• Snr. Officer
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 01:14:31 pm »
Hmmm, looks quite interesting. I might stop by for a day, likely Saturday, and invite a friend or two.

I noticed that for Saturday there only appears to be one vendor listed as exhibiting at the event. Does anyone know if there will be others?

D.Oakes

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 01:25:13 pm »
Hmmm, looks quite interesting. I might stop by for a day, likely Saturday, and invite a friend or two.

I noticed that for Saturday there only appears to be one vendor listed as exhibiting at the event. Does anyone know if there will be others?

There were almost two others until my friend got cold feet and I got sick and couldn't do the stuff myself....aye aye.  I hope there will be others. 

Polaris

• Snr. Officer
    • Steel City Steam Guild
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 01:53:28 pm »
If they need it, I can always set up a table.... :\ With both Mr. Arm and Velda Von Minx there, there's not too much for me to do with the creep show after the initial set up.

D.Oakes

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 01:58:15 pm »
If they need it, I can always set up a table.... :\ With both Mr. Arm and Velda Von Minx there, there's not too much for me to do with the creep show after the initial set up.

I'm hesitant to tell them I am still interested.  I hate being late on things.  When I was in college, if I was running late for a class I'd just skip it. 

Polaris

• Snr. Officer
    • Steel City Steam Guild
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 02:26:43 pm »
claim you didn't even know about it. Just say "Oh hey, I just heard about this and was wondering if you'd like another vendor...."

D.Oakes

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 02:31:07 pm »
claim you didn't even know about it. Just say "Oh hey, I just heard about this and was wondering if you'd like another vendor...."

Luckily I have two email accounts. 

D.Oakes

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 02:33:38 pm »
Cancel that plan, my pseudonym and my real name were both used on the first one.  I guess I will have to be honest even though every time I have heard "I was sick" I don't believe it. 

Polaris

• Snr. Officer
    • Steel City Steam Guild
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 02:41:50 pm »
Meh.... it's worth a shot. :)

Madame Curatrix

• Snr. Officer
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 03:07:48 pm »
The fact that they apparently only have one vendor scheduled for Saturday might make them more amenable to late vendor applications. After all, as fun as the scheduled events sound, vendors are inevitably part of the draw for potential attendees.

Best of luck to you, sir!

D.Oakes

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 03:21:34 pm »
Good news (okay, half good news as the reasoning sucks) I'm going to be there as a vendor.  The organizer has been in much the same boat as me.  I'm selling:  my recycled jewelry, (not sure how many pieces yet) antiques of various sorts including an oddity of the Victorian age that is kinda gross to many people, and probably some other stuff.  A good mix of art and antique.  So hope to see you all there and at the moment I do not think I will be pricing anything over $50.  In fact, I know I'm not.  And if I forget, you have complete permission to remind me.  So bring cash!   ;D

Polaris

• Snr. Officer
    • Steel City Steam Guild
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 03:20:10 pm »
I emailed them about a table yesterday, but they still haven't gotten back to me.... :-\ Now I'm left in the conundrum of having to call them about Trundle manor arrangements and whether or not to mention my interest in vending over the phone....

D.Oakes

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 03:23:49 pm »
If Columbia is getting hit with what Middletown got hit with, your best bet is to wait a bit and try later or tomorrow.  The college campus and public schools here just closed because the flooding got too bad.  

Polaris

• Snr. Officer
    • Steel City Steam Guild
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 03:25:07 pm »
Oh dear! D: I hope the museum will be okay..... I'd hate for them to cancel the festival.... :( I know they've been planning it for a very long time.

D.Oakes

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 04:00:48 pm »
Oh boy, not good.  I checked the map, they aren't too many blocks from the Susquehanna River which is not expected to crest until this Friday or Saturday.  We are looking at the possibility of one of the worst floods since the 70's.  The old timers freaked out when the Juniata River flooded which has not done it since Hurricane Agnus.  So yeah, we need to keep our fingers crossed. 

burnished brass man

• Gunner
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 06:04:39 pm »
I am bummed for 2 reasons one the time i hear about a cool festival I am some where in the Indian ocean at least that is where i think i am I have not checked the charts in about a month and i would tell my friends to go but if it gets cancelled then boo I know they would love to go one of my friends loves traveling creep shows.

D.Oakes

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 06:10:15 pm »
We have a little over a week left, chill chill chill. 

Madame Curatrix

• Snr. Officer
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 12:49:13 pm »
Looks like the Festival website has been updated with a few new vendors. I take it that means that the Museum itself was unaffected by the flooding and the event shall proceed as scheduled? If so, huzzah!

Also, D.Oakes, my good sir, which of those listed dealers are you? I would guess "Artifacts N Relics" but I may be wrong. :)

D.Oakes

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 01:37:57 pm »
You are sadly wrong.  As needless to say things have been quite disrupted here:  

My bank is still down as they got hit with this same flash flood as well.  I'm gonna be late, but I'm still going to try. 

Madame Curatrix

• Snr. Officer
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 02:25:43 pm »
Good heavens!

I know that flooding was quite devastating in many areas of the Susquehanna Valley. I did not mean to imply that the entire town of Columbia had been spared, given its proximity to the river. However, I haven't seen any announcement regarding the cancellation or delay of the Holologia Festival. Do you live close enough to the Museum itself to tell if it was damaged in the flash flooding? Perhaps I shall email the Museum and inquire.

I hope that you, your loved ones, and your abode were largely unscathed by the flood waters.

Regards.

Polaris

• Snr. Officer
    • Steel City Steam Guild
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 03:13:30 pm »
Unfortunately, I will not be attending any longer, and neither will Mr.Arm's Traveling creep show....   :'( We can't afford to make the trip. I feel so awful. I was really looking forward to this...