The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 22, 2014, 06:29:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum highlights on twitter: @BG_couk

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Being really dim - how do I add a profile picture?  (Read 439 times)
thejanine
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: August 25, 2011, 10:59:50 am »

How do I add a picture to my profile? Or is it something that comes with a rank increase? 
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Board Moderator
Immortal
New Zealand New Zealand

DWAI

Lifaen
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 11:03:54 am »

click the 'profile' button on the underbar beneath the 'news' underbar (which is beneath the 'unread topics' bar)

In the box on the left, click 'forum profile information'. The bulk of that page deals with adding an image.

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
Capt. Dirigible
Time Traveler
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 11:09:55 am »

Your avatar pic needs to be no bigger than...I think it's 90x90 pixels..you can opt for 'I will upload my own picture' and you then click on 'browse' and chose the pic from your own  stored on your PC. Or chose 'I have my own pic'  and for that you will need to upload a suitably sized pic from something like photobucket or flicker...

It doesn't always appear immediately though once you've uploaded. It  may take a few mins..well it has for me in the past anyway.

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi
proteus
Devourer of Ugly Baked Goods
Administrator
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Gravatar

brasstech
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 04:49:19 am »

Your avatar pic needs to be no bigger than...I think it's 90x90 pixels..you can opt for 'I will upload my own picture' and you then click on 'browse' and chose the pic from your own  stored on your PC. Or chose 'I have my own pic'  and for that you will need to upload a suitably sized pic from something like photobucket or flicker...

It doesn't always appear immediately though once you've uploaded. It  may take a few mins..well it has for me in the past anyway.

The delay when uploading avatars should be fixed now... I hope...

--
"Politics and religion are just like software and hardware. They all suck, the documentation is provably incorrect, and all the vendors tell lies." — Andrew Dalgleish

How To Financially Support Brass Goggles — now with a subscription option!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: