The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 24, 2019, 05:12:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victorian Banknotes  (Read 14622 times)
Otto the confused
Deck Hand
United States United States

Artist

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 05:10:56 pm »

My printing press is rolling once more my dear ladies and gentlemen. I am producing reproduction Victorian/Edwardian Era banknotes for your Steampunk/Neo-Victorian imaginations. 10 notes for $10.00. At your service.
Augustus Longeye
Daedric Prince of Biscuits
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 05:19:54 pm »

Otto, would you mind a few links to pictures and such? I have a bit of a hobby collecting fake currency, so you've already piqued my interest.... assuming you ship internationally? Smiley
~Longeye~

Quote from: Sir Nikolas
I say you, chaps down there! Piss off, see? Haa ha! Love, Space Longeye <3
Otto the confused
Deck Hand

Artist

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 03:29:48 pm »

Good Morning,

I am still producing Reproduction Victorian/Edwardian Banknotes for your fine Steampunk/Neo-Victorian outfits and Imagination needs. I do ship anywhere in the known world and I pay for shipping. I do apologize for not being more active. Some would call me a "Reclusive Entity", I am not sure if that is correct or not. I currently offer banknotes from the UK, United States, Germany, France, Russia, Italy, Iceland, India, Japan, Spain, and Turkey. More in the future as time permits. I am fully operational now and the printing presses are rolling. Please, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me via this post or at seeingmonsters32@msn.com
 Also please see me on Facebook or at http://ottotheconfused.deviantart.com/ with many examples of my work.

At your service,

Professor Otto the Confused
pakled
Zeppelin Captain

Minions Local 305, at your thervice!

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 11:29:00 pm »

I don't think this is the site I was referring to earlier (films of antarctica), but if you want fake banknotes...Wink
https://www.google.com/search?q=antarctica+banknotes&hl=en&client=firefox-a&tbo=u&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=1cEaUcd8i7zzBMGCgNAP&ved=0CEYQsAQ&biw=1268&bih=820
Otto the confused
Deck Hand

Artist

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2013, 09:44:10 pm »

A good Day to You all,

I am still producing Reproduction Victorian/Edwardian and a small selection of WWI and WWII Banknotes for your fine Dieselpunk, Steampunk/Neo-Victorian outfits and Imagination needs. I do ship anywhere in the known world and I pay for shipping. I do apologize for not being more active. Full-time university and work seem to hamper my extra time. Some may call me a "Reclusive Entity", I am not sure if that is correct or not. I currently offer banknotes from the UK, United States, Germany, France, Russia, Italy, Iceland, India, Japan, Spain, and Turkey. More in the future as time permits. I am fully operational now and the printing presses are rolling. In fact orders were just shipped to Canada, Holland and Germany last week. Please, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me via this post or at seeingmonsters32@msn.com
 Also please see me on Facebook or at http://ottotheconfused.deviantart.com/ with many examples of my work.

At your service,

Professor Otto the Confused
Otto the confused
Deck Hand

Artist

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2018, 05:59:59 pm »

Greetings,

Here is a link to my DeviantArt gallery of Reproduction Banknotes. I welcome all comments and suggestions. If you are need of some reproductions banknotes for your LARP, Historical Reenactment or theatrical production, feel free to contact me.

https://www.deviantart.com/michaelrmaranda/gallery/52038755/Reproduction-Banknotes

Sincerely,

Michael R. Maranda
Professional Artist
 aka
Otto the Confused
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2018, 01:56:03 am »

I say, Otto, you've been busy in your too-long absence. Welcome back.

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2018, 11:41:35 pm »

One interesting aspect of British banknotes from the Victorian Period is that they were very monochromatic and simple looking. In contrast the Austria, German, and Union (US) banknotes (even the one-sided Confederate currency) were far more elegant. Am I wrong in that?

US (Union), Am. Civil War 1860s

Austria 1860s

Britain, 1880s

richardwest
Swab

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2018, 04:12:31 pm »

I found this page on the Bank of England website to be a very useful reference for old British banknotes.
withdrawn-banknotes

I also have a PDF file I downloaded some time back but it seems to have disappeared from the site.

Richard.
yereverluvinunclebert
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2019, 04:26:19 pm »

Impressive how some English banknotes were legal tender from 1725 until 1945. The same £100 bank note spent in the U.S., sixty-seven years before the US dollar was even invented, would still purchase goods in the UK (or most of the Empire) until the last year of the second world war.

Steampunk Widgets and Icons of Some Worldwide Repute
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: