Poll

Whats your desktop like?

Mac
83 (55.7%)
Linux
66 (44.3%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: Steampunk desktop themes: your screenshots  (Read 631625 times)

Banfili

• Zeppelin Admiral
Re: Steampunk desktop themes: your screenshots
« Reply #1175 on: August 30, 2020, 11:48:05 pm »
Oh, unclebert, beyond amazing!

Deimos

• Snr. Officer
  • aka Countess Millicent Addlewood
« Reply #1176 on: August 31, 2020, 02:45:38 am »
Wow. Just...Wow. What some people can do.... (she said, as she turned her attention back to playing in the sand box... :P)
"Unless you’re prepared to surrender everything, don’t surrender anything."

Society: Be yourself.
Me: OK
Society: No. Not like that.

yereverluvinunclebert

• Zeppelin Captain
    • Steampunk Widgets and Icons of Some Worldwide Repute
« Reply #1177 on: October 10, 2021, 01:54:52 pm »
I had to take a break from my SteamyDock project. It is highly complex and an intriguing task but each step is a milestone in itself and extremely hard work.

I have, instead come up with a new project which has distracted me for a month or two.

It is called FireCallWin or FireCall for Windows. It has a compatriot program for Mac os/X that allows users of the two oses to talk with each other. It is a chat program that allows one-to-one chat between two people only, be they designers, lovers, geeks, nerds or artists... Designed to facilitate the sharing of information between two like minded people but without all the social chat nonsense that you receive from all the major chat platforms.

It is just one person talking to one other with no distractions, and no social overhead and NO advertising. It will also be free.

It has just one requirement, you have to install dropbox. So, it is primarily for existing dropbox users as it uses this tool as its communication medium.

Almost finished, with a dieselpunk interface initially, a steampunk interface may come later.

Right click and view image to see it in more detail

You can transfer files, images, sounds &c

Some detail of the voice recorder.

And here it is on my desktop:

Right click and view image to see it in more detail.

It is a little more conventional than some of my other programs, square in form unlike all my other creations. That is because it has been created using a conventional tool, Visual Basic. Microsoft still hasn't really caught up with the idea of non-square apps with transparent forms so everything has to be square.... however, I have made it as interesting as I can within that square format.

More information soon as it nears completion.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 09:42:09 pm by yereverluvinunclebert »
Steampunk Widgets and Icons of Some Worldwide Repute