The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 25, 2019, 02:58:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: >The Smoking Room< The Second Storey  (Read 68703 times)
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #350 on: November 27, 2011, 02:33:53 am »

*zzzzzzzzzzzz ha?Huh? what why are you all looking at me?

oooooo you want a story? well i dont have much to tell. unless you want to hear about me running away from normal society?

*Pours a shot for himself, offers one to Ella*

It would be a pleasure to hear of, my dear.  Come, I've shared my tale, Walkthebassline has shared his, and hopefully, if we can roust him from his stouper, the Squire will have a tale for us anon.

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
The Squire
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Sans Peur

« Reply #351 on: November 27, 2011, 03:23:29 am »

What? What? The Squire, you say...that's me...oh, excuse me, must've doused a bit.
Now Ella...your story...we are all ears...

"You don't mind breaking the law?"
        "Not in the least."
"Nor running a chance of arrest?"
        "Not in a good cause."
"Oh, the cause is excellent!"
         "Then I am your man."
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #352 on: November 27, 2011, 05:34:04 am »

Even I'm an ear!

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #353 on: November 27, 2011, 12:23:21 pm »

Yes, please do regale us.  I may just retell one of my mountaineering tales if you do....

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Ella, Aerial Musketeer
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #354 on: November 29, 2011, 06:07:57 am »

zzzzzzz. im sorry i think this alcohol is going to my head
mabey when im not so drunk.  Undecided

(OC: i am really sorry i have exams and a camp to go on so im stressing really bad and dont have much time for anything every time i log on there is more work to do. i will wight as soon as i can)
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #355 on: November 29, 2011, 06:21:59 am »

zzzzzzz. im sorry i think this alcohol is going to my head
mabey when im not so drunk.  Undecided

(OC: i am really sorry i have exams and a camp to go on so im stressing really bad and dont have much time for anything every time i log on there is more work to do. i will wight as soon as i can)

(OC:  No worries, dear-when you have time, we'll be around.  This place gets under your skin, you just can't leave it, ya know?)

Well, then dearie, you just sit back and relax then-what was this I heard about mountaneering?

*Shuffles around in his seat, decides it's time for a lighter drink*  Cranberry juice and vodka, anyone?
The Squire
Zeppelin Admiral

Sans Peur

« Reply #356 on: November 29, 2011, 08:21:24 am »

Mademoiselle Ella, you are far too young to be drinking in any case. Alcohol has been the ruin of many a good man .... and woman. Moderation, sez I. The key to a long life. Mod-e-ra-tion!

Now, Sir Xenos, I believe I will join you in your cranberry juice and vodka libation -- but please leave out the cranberry juice.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #357 on: November 29, 2011, 06:10:35 pm »

Mademoiselle Ella, you are far too young to be drinking in any case. Alcohol has been the ruin of many a good man .... and woman. Moderation, sez I. The key to a long life. Mod-e-ra-tion!

Now, Sir Xenos, I believe I will join you in your cranberry juice and vodka libation -- but please leave out the cranberry juice.

Exactly as he says-take me-I'm a social drinker.  You have a drink and social I!  (OC: works better spoken)

*Breaks out the Smirnoff Red*  You sure you want JUST vodka?  This is not exactly top shelf I have here...
Semper Victoria
Snr. Officer

Steampunk Pianist

« Reply #358 on: November 29, 2011, 08:35:59 pm »

Indeed, I was decorating my domicile for Christmas last night and in the mood for a Christmas-y drink. Being out of cranberry juice I mixed myself a grape and vodka cocktail with a splash of peach schnapps. It was actually very delicious.

How does one drink straight vodka, pray tell? One time I was doing a science experiment which my poor mother had set up (bless her heart, she homeschooled me through high school); there were two cups which each had clear liquid in them. They looked identical, so in true investigative fashion I picked one up and took a large gulp. My mum was HORRIFIED - it was isopropyl rubbing alcohol. She was on the phone with poison control in a couple seconds, but of course there was no true damage done.

However, I do find now that many types of alcohol, when drunk straight, remind me vividly of my high school experiment!!
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #359 on: November 29, 2011, 08:58:48 pm »

Indeed, I was decorating my domicile for Christmas last night and in the mood for a Christmas-y drink. Being out of cranberry juice I mixed myself a grape and vodka cocktail with a splash of peach schnapps. It was actually very delicious.

How does one drink straight vodka, pray tell? One time I was doing a science experiment which my poor mother had set up (bless her heart, she homeschooled me through high school); there were two cups which each had clear liquid in them. They looked identical, so in true investigative fashion I picked one up and took a large gulp. My mum was HORRIFIED - it was isopropyl rubbing alcohol. She was on the phone with poison control in a couple seconds, but of course there was no true damage done.

However, I do find now that many types of alcohol, when drunk straight, remind me vividly of my high school experiment!!

True enough, that.  In particular the isopropyl-Vodka in particular has that flavour.

Don't misunderstand me-I drink many-a liquor straight...  Rums, brandies, absinthe, moonshine...  Vodka, however, is nowhere on that list.

Ooohh...  Schnapps is the devil, I tell you.   THE DEVIL I SAY!!!  I can drink that lovely satanic liquid all day, and therein lies it's power-you never really know how drunk you are, until you stand up and fall over, forget how to pull your pants up after going to the head, and need your lady to come and carry you back to the party.

Admittedly, anything that tastes TOO strongly of Vanilla will occationaly turn my gut-see, when I was 20, I crushed a 5th of the Captain's finest Original Spiced, in about a quarter of an hour.  I chased the bottle with half a bottle of Tattoo rum, some SILVER rum, and a bit of Bacardi Gold.  I don't remember much about that night, to be honest-and I'm not entirely certain I want to-from what I understand there's a part of me I've kept locked away what was trying to come back out...  Sort of an inner demon, if you will...

(OC:  My mum also homeschooled me until 11th grade-I cannot thank her enough for that!  We'll also be homeschooling our daughter, my wife and I-only 'til the 9th grade-unless she WANTS to stay homeschooled, that is!)
The Squire
Zeppelin Admiral

Sans Peur

« Reply #360 on: November 29, 2011, 09:41:47 pm »

Drinking vodka straight. Well, the Russkis and most of the Slavs take it neat. I don't think it has anything to do with 'good tasting beverage' however, but rather just the effect.

The fanciest party I ever went to had a special room called the Doctor Zhivago room that was decorated as an Ice Palace. The center table was a large circular slab of ice with small holes cut all around and jigger shots of Stolichnaya nestled in each. A white-bearded gentleman in white tie and tails kept the chilled jiggers full.

walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #361 on: November 29, 2011, 09:51:28 pm »

The only vodka I've had was Svedka, and while it may be the most popular vodka of 2033, it tasted like crap to me.

I have a similar story about Cpt. Morgan I'll relate another day; suffice it to say I can barely touch the stuff anymore.

(And OC: I was homeschooled as well; I wonder how many people on here were? Hmm. I thank my parents often for doing it.)

"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins
Gwenifer Scorpio
Snr. Officer

Behold the Prancing Beast of Doom

« Reply #362 on: December 27, 2011, 06:00:33 pm »

Just thought I'd pop in to mention that I too was homeschooled (from kindergarten to graduation), and alcohol is the lovely bane of my existence. Especially strawberry wine - I will drink bottles of the stuff at a time.

Miss Scarlett in the library with the candlestick!

Gwenifer H. Scorpio, O.S.E., CALES Alumni
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

« Reply #363 on: December 28, 2011, 07:31:25 pm »

Ah, anything tastes better with strawberries!  My favourite ciders and beers are all strawberry flavoured...

Which calls for a drink.  Absinthe Bohemian, poured over brown sugarcubes and set aflame, I think.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #364 on: December 28, 2011, 07:34:02 pm »

I've actually been fairly well sober these past couple of days-Can't keep any food down!  It's quite an issue, really-my wit and logical retorts are just not to be had...

I NEED SOCIAL LUBRICANT!!!
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #365 on: December 28, 2011, 09:09:08 pm »

Well then belly up my good man! Mr. Harrison is pouring the absinthe, and we have some extra glasses.

Pour me a glass if you please James. I'll take mine in the French manner though; no fire for me.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #366 on: December 28, 2011, 09:29:51 pm »

I take my straight, on the rocks, actually.  I like to get bent QUICK...
The Squire
Zeppelin Admiral

Sans Peur

« Reply #367 on: December 28, 2011, 10:11:34 pm »

Ah, Mr. Harrison, un coup de l'absinthe does sound like a capital idea!
Pour me a right nice dollop and I will louche it myself.

Gentlemen and Ladies, I drink your to your very good health.

Gwenifer Scorpio
Snr. Officer

Behold the Prancing Beast of Doom

« Reply #368 on: December 29, 2011, 12:33:47 am »

*raising my glass in a salute before taking a modest sip*

Cheers, my good sir!
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

« Reply #369 on: December 31, 2011, 01:46:57 pm »

It seems we all have a glass each of something green and proof enough to catch fire;  I propose a toast. 

To the New Year!
neon_suntan
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Gravatar

The scribe wore black

neonsuntan
« Reply #370 on: December 31, 2011, 02:21:47 pm »

This vodka with ice is quite nice when drunk neat (over ice is optional) however smirnoff which i used to drink all time now tastes like Hairspray... nasty stuff... you might as well buy the store generic brand and save £10/$10, especially if you're going to mix it with OJ or Soda.

Bought some Jack Daniels recently which i used to love as a youth and it tasted overly sweet and quite foul, of course I used to smoke 20 a day back then so I probably could barely taste anything  Roll Eyes

Uncle Arthur
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #371 on: February 22, 2012, 07:01:06 pm »

I say! Nice place here. Scotch and water please waiter. Hold the water.

If at first you don't succeed , CHEAT!
Wormster
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #372 on: February 22, 2012, 07:28:24 pm »

Aye! I'll join ye in a wee dram laddie, I'll tak mine over the water if ye please!!

Now awa wi ye and work that one oot ye daft colonial bugger!

Nasty haethen muck yon vodka!, mind ye I've heard tell that its best served ice cooled, tae the point where it goes kinda "oily"!

We are the BEC,
And this we must confess,
Whatever is worth doing,
We'll do it to excess!
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #373 on: February 22, 2012, 07:44:55 pm »

Time for a dram is it? Scotch sounds lovely, and a bit of water with it as well. Then maybe some bourbon after.
Uncle Arthur
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #374 on: February 22, 2012, 11:43:29 pm »

As Ivan once said! Wodka! Wodka makes you womit! "
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: