The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 21, 2019, 08:58:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: >The Smoking Room< The Second Storey  (Read 72647 times)
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #325 on: November 20, 2011, 12:40:36 am »

ah Xenos
i have heard alot of them its rather funny when small children pull you up on it
im here because i want to be out of the way of my mother shes trying to dress me up agin *shudders* pink frilly dresses and parasols are not for me. I prefer pants and guns and knives.

A lady after my own tastes!  I'm raising my lovely daughter the same way-she's currently running around the house with an airsoft pistol! 

As for me, I'm here because I enjoy the drink, the smoke, and the exceptional company *nods your direction.*  I'm most recently returned from the Hashamite Kingdom of Jordan, in service of the king-nasty affair that, won't bore you with my scars, suffice it to say Petra is quite the defensable stronghold!

Well gentlemen, let me tell you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That is the tale my good fellows. I swear it is true in its entirety and will challenge anyone who says otherwise. As for the way we got rid of the dratted zeppelin, that is a tale for another day.

You sir, are my new favorite person!  *Proposes toast to Walkthebassline*

May those that love us, Love us.  Those that don't may the Lord turn their hearts.  If it be not in His will to turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping!

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

« Reply #326 on: November 20, 2011, 01:35:35 am »

*Drinks toast happily*

Many thanks good sir. Many thanks.

Ah, it seems this bottle has been emptied. I shall require another. And would whoever is spinning the room please stop at once? Or speed it up. Nothing I hate more than a slow spin. Ah, but I've finished this pipe as well. That won't do at all.

*Refills pipe*

Now, does anyone else have a tale to regale us with?

"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #327 on: November 20, 2011, 02:52:13 am »

*Drinks toast happily*

Many thanks good sir. Many thanks.

Ah, it seems this bottle has been emptied. I shall require another. And would whoever is spinning the room please stop at once? Or speed it up. Nothing I hate more than a slow spin. Ah, but I've finished this pipe as well. That won't do at all.

*Refills pipe*

Now, does anyone else have a tale to regale us with?

Is the room spinning clockwise, or anticlockwise?  Between us, we MIGHT be sober!  No need for that pipe, either, mate-here, have a pull of my shisha!  Old habits from the Mysterious East die hard, I'm afraid...

Ah, stories, stories...  Nothing quite so grand as the tale you told have I, my Aeronauts and I are fairly well low key these days-the SLAA discharged me some years back, and I've tried to keep a low key ever since...

Well now, you all know a bit more about the madness behind the man!

Now, if only I could remember some of Sgt. Brightraven's antics-that crazy Scot!  I remember once, while we were helping the Bedouins in a little town in the north of Jordan-and we were invited to, what transliterates to an "All you can eat" buffet.  Well, if you know Argus, then you know he's no small lad-no indeed!  So he keeps going up for more, over and over-and I mean, it's going on twelve or thirteen trips for him.  He just keeps stuffing his face, tawook, tabuli, hummas, you name it.

Well, after about an hour and a half, he's slowing down, but keeps right on.  Finally, I ask him "Argus, what in God's Name are you doing?"  he looked at me, deadpan, and asked "Sir, be this buffet all ya CAN eat, or be it all ya WANT to?"

The next day we helped hold of an invading tribe-Argus couldna keep his dinner down!  Ah, it was glorius!
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #328 on: November 20, 2011, 07:55:45 am »

There's always more drink in the cupboards behind the bar. The key's on a string.
Now, Xenos, legs up so I can sweep under your chair. It's gotten awful dusty since I was last here.

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!
Ella, Aerial Musketeer
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #329 on: November 20, 2011, 09:06:24 am »

ah Xenos
i have heard alot of them its rather funny when small children pull you up on it
im here because i want to be out of the way of my mother shes trying to dress me up agin *shudders* pink frilly dresses and parasols are not for me. I prefer pants and guns and knives.

A lady after my own tastes!  I'm raising my lovely daughter the same way-she's currently running around the house with an airsoft pistol! 

As for me, I'm here because I enjoy the drink, the smoke, and the exceptional company *nods your direction.*  I'm most recently returned from the Hashamite Kingdom of Jordan, in service of the king-nasty affair that, won't bore you with my scars, suffice it to say Petra is quite the defensable stronghold!

ah you flatter me thank you. that is very epic by the by i wish i could do that unfortunately ( or fortunately for some) they are illegal  were i live.

Helios why are you cleaning you a god right? dont you have people to do that for you
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #330 on: November 20, 2011, 02:53:25 pm »

Good Xenos, the room seems to be spinning clockwise for me. Let us see if this fresh bottle of whiskey can fix things. And this shisha is quite good. I see why you smoke it so much.

Now come come sir, you must regale us with a tale. This Sgt. Brightraven sounds amusing, you yourself cannot be without some entertaining tales. Look here, your glass is empty. Let me fill it for you and you can regale us with a tale. The lady will not mind; I am sure she will admire the humility with which you tell us of your exploits.
Ella, Aerial Musketeer
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #331 on: November 20, 2011, 09:20:11 pm »

yes please us enlighten with your tails of heroics, bravery and and skills. I would love to hear them.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #332 on: November 21, 2011, 04:38:42 am »

I thank you for the drink, but my tales, I'm not sure how entertaining they would be-war stories seldom are.  Sad, yes.  Heroic?  Maybe.  I don't think there's anything particularly special about MY actions, but my CREW, now, they are the true heros!

Spoiler: Sad Ending (click to show/hide)

Friends, if you're ever given a command-run.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #333 on: November 23, 2011, 05:39:21 am »

Surely my tale wasna so sad as to run you all off?

*Looks around*  Blast, I do believe I've done it again...  I really should learn to tell happy stories!

(OC:  Sorry it's not funny or happy or whathave you-I'm just not really able to write happy stories for some reason.  Never really have been able to, either-I'm WORKING on some happy/funny ones for this very thread, but it's a hard, HARD job I tell ya...)
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #334 on: November 23, 2011, 06:12:17 am »

Hmm? What was that? Sorry good Xenos, I seem to have been lost in thought. Not to mention lost in this bottle. A fine bottling indeed. And now gone as well. In truth that was a moving tale; sad yes, but heroic none the less. Has not the eloquent Professor Harold Hill said "A coward dies a thousand deaths, a brave man...merely five hundred." Let us toast their bravery and their deaths.

*raises glass*

(OC: I had an advantage there; my story actually happened in a rpg I ran once upon a time. My players surprised me but we had a great time. Roll with what works. There's nothing wrong with a good tragedy.)
Ella, Aerial Musketeer
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #335 on: November 23, 2011, 06:26:26 am »

sorry Xenos this drink is going to my head my first time having a proper drink  Tongue and all that
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #336 on: November 24, 2011, 12:49:25 am »

I've been sweeping. There's some fairly mighty dust bunnies over in some of the more forgotten corners.
And Ella, I sweep because no-one else will. It needs doing, and precious few people are willing to take on a Ecuadorian Dust Bunny, simply to tidy the place up.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #337 on: November 24, 2011, 01:03:01 am »

sorry Xenos this drink is going to my head my first time having a proper drink  Tongue and all that

And now, my good madam, I do believe it's YOUR turn to regale us with your antics, heroic, humorous, or otherwise!  *Pours you some more brandy*

I've been sweeping. There's some fairly mighty dust bunnies over in some of the more forgotten corners.
And Ella, I sweep because no-one else will. It needs doing, and precious few people are willing to take on a Ecuadorian Dust Bunny, simply to tidy the place up.

Would you like me to call my associate James, good sir?  He's well known for his Dust Bunnie Eradication Program.

People call on him from MILES around to ask his advice on dealing with the little blighters...
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #338 on: November 24, 2011, 02:34:21 am »

Yes madam Ella, please tell us of your exploits! Here is a fresh drink; let me know if it meets with your approval.
The Squire
Zeppelin Admiral

Sans Peur

« Reply #339 on: November 24, 2011, 07:37:16 am »

Walks in. Pulls up a chair.
"George, a hot buttered rum totty, if you please."

"Now what's this about Musketeer stories?"

"You don't mind breaking the law?"
        "Not in the least."
"Nor running a chance of arrest?"
        "Not in a good cause."
"Oh, the cause is excellent!"
         "Then I am your man."
Herr Döktor
Gadgeteer, Contraptionist, and Inventor, FVSS
Governor
Master Tinkerer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Herr Döktor, and friend.

« Reply #340 on: November 25, 2011, 12:48:30 am »

Right, back from meeting with The Founding Members in their cellar, and they are really looking forward to seeing how the dust bunny project is going; now, let's see those dust bunnies!

helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #341 on: November 25, 2011, 01:35:10 am »

They're going well. I'm managing to mostly keep them corralled, although there is the occasional escapee. They're off in the Baricoot Room. The masks and protective garments are on a peg outside the door.
Semper Victoria
Snr. Officer

Steampunk Pianist

« Reply #342 on: November 25, 2011, 07:19:27 am »

::Knocks::

Anybody know where a lass could get some Baileys around these parts? I'm afraid I have no saucy tales to offer in exchange but I will gladly pull up a chair and listen to any you might have for me  Cheesy.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #343 on: November 25, 2011, 08:28:43 pm »

::Knocks::

Anybody know where a lass could get some Baileys around these parts? I'm afraid I have no saucy tales to offer in exchange but I will gladly pull up a chair and listen to any you might have for me  Cheesy.

Well, the "Liquor Locker" here seems to be pretty well stocked...  Why you'd want to drink that swill is beyond me-but to each their own, I do suppose.

We were all actually just waiting on Ella to regale us with her exploits, so you're just in time, my dear!
The Squire
Zeppelin Admiral

Sans Peur

« Reply #344 on: November 26, 2011, 01:22:39 am »

Well, I've enjoyed a shot of Bailey's in a cup of coffee. But one must say that the cocktail recipes for Bailey's are the raunchiest among the Cordials.

Now, let's see . . . Ella was in the Sudan . . . no . . . now where were we ?
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #345 on: November 26, 2011, 03:41:33 am »

*I* was in the Sudan, Ella is a Musketeer, Walkthebassline is an airship theif, and Victoria (not mine-just a coincidental name) just joined us. 

I think.
The Squire
Zeppelin Admiral

Sans Peur

« Reply #346 on: November 26, 2011, 11:02:54 pm »

Ah yes, so be it . . . Xenos was in the Sudan. I need another drink to keep this all straight. By the bye, I spent some time in N'Guigmi on the Nigerien side of Lake Tchad -- just a stone's throw from Khartoum (if you have a rocket attached) -- I don't suppose you ever made it to that great body of water, did you, Master Xenos?

Now, as for Musketeers . . . I remember a certain Leftenant Ayres of the British East India Company who led a group of young redcoats who were still using the old .75 caliber Brown Bess muskets during the Sepoy Mutiny of '58 . . . ah well . . .

*mumble*
*yawn*
*snore*
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #347 on: November 27, 2011, 12:22:24 am »

AHA! Sorry chaps, had to run off for some bourbon. This stuff is top notch. Now, Musketeers you say? Sounds wonderful.
Ella, Aerial Musketeer
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #348 on: November 27, 2011, 12:42:34 am »

*zzzzzzzzzzzz ha?Huh? what why are you all looking at me?

oooooo you want a story? well i dont have much to tell. unless you want to hear about me running away from normal society?
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #349 on: November 27, 2011, 12:54:36 am »

That sounds wonderful my dear. Please do tell how the events transpired. I am all ears.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: