The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 25, 2019, 05:54:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: >The Smoking Room< The Second Storey  (Read 68704 times)
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #225 on: August 06, 2011, 05:47:23 am »

Entertaining and/or music'll keep you alive long after most things would have killed you -- but sooner or later, the other stuff you do while you're entertaining or playing music , or the things you do to fill the spaces between the notes & performances, catches up with you

Too true. There simply isn't the time to do drugs on stage.

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
D.Oakes
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #226 on: August 07, 2011, 05:09:26 am »

Entertaining and/or music'll keep you alive long after most things would have killed you -- but sooner or later, the other stuff you do while you're entertaining or playing music , or the things you do to fill the spaces between the notes & performances, catches up with you

I know a drummer who is absolutely brilliant, but how he is in his early 50's is beyond me.  He even survived breaking nearly every bone in his body after a fall last year, but he can still play.  I saw him the other week, I'm kinda horrified how he looks. 

Painting is the same way.  As Picasso in the movie Modigliani says (paraphrased for the kids) "Sleep with many women, but drink in moderation."

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over." -Rhett Butler
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #227 on: August 07, 2011, 06:12:28 am »

I know a drummer who is absolutely brilliant, but how he is in his early 50's is beyond me.  He even survived breaking nearly every bone in his body after a fall last year, but he can still play.  I saw him the other week, I'm kinda horrified how he looks. 

Painting is the same way.  As Picasso in the movie Modigliani says (paraphrased for the kids) "Sleep with many women, but drink in moderation."

He sounds like me, LOL. I even had a pretty bad fall recently, but thankfully didnt break anything -- I was sore in just about every bone and joint in my body, though, for a pretty long time.

I guess I'm either a bang-up musician, or a banged-up musician... Cheesy

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
D.Oakes
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #228 on: August 07, 2011, 06:23:14 am »

He sounds like me, LOL. I even had a pretty bad fall recently, but thankfully didnt break anything -- I was sore in just about every bone and joint in my body, though, for a pretty long time.

I guess I'm either a bang-up musician, or a banged-up musician... Cheesy

You can be both.  Sometimes I watch the recordings from the past year of my band and I and I just wonder how in the hell I am alive.  Some of my fans show me "awesome recordings" on their phones of stuff we did and I do not remember it.  I must say the best set I ever did was in a completely dry club.  They also had amazing equipment.  I was so nervous because it was not my usual crowd and wanted a drink so bad, but instead my nerves took over and I made stupid jokes and talked to them. After I did the set they came and told me as I had my cigarette how they never get professionals like us...having only one single of which there may be 10 copies at most of I take that as a huge compliment.  I know in my gut I need to get the band together, probably with a new drummer as he has other projects and get going again.  I like painting and it made me money this year, but I have been playing guitar for 14 years come September.  My singing is not the greatest at all, but I get told I have real emotion in what I do.  Here is one of my sets at my old club: 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #229 on: August 08, 2011, 06:24:41 pm »

I went and saw the Rev. Horton Heat show in houston this weekend. It's their 25th anniversary tour, which is impressive in and of itself, but knowing how those boys party, it's even more so. They even managed to be in better shape this time around!

I need an excuse like "artistic compulsion" for livin like I do. I party like a rock star, but I don't have the talent to support it, heh heh heh.

Action! Adventure! Possible Harlotry!
Abis do it for SCIENCE!
BrassGoggles 2012 Pin-Up Calander!
D.Oakes
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #230 on: August 09, 2011, 09:04:43 pm »

I went and saw the Rev. Horton Heat show in houston this weekend. It's their 25th anniversary tour, which is impressive in and of itself, but knowing how those boys party, it's even more so. They even managed to be in better shape this time around!

I need an excuse like "artistic compulsion" for livin like I do. I party like a rock star, but I don't have the talent to support it, heh heh heh.

I want the Rev. Horton Heat Gretsch....that is such a beautiful instrument.  *passes out and ceases to move* 
The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #231 on: August 09, 2011, 10:19:36 pm »

I know, right? Such a beautiful piece of equipment!
Theosophus Grey
Snr. Officer

Commanding the FAAS Widow's Son

« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2011, 05:11:53 pm »

Well, so HERE you all are... I spend a few months at sea and you move the place on me.  Rather nice digs, tho, I must say.  George, a large single malt if you please, while I reminder myself to old friends...  Mr. Bailey!  Mr. Pennypecker!  What a brilliant coincidence!  May I join you for lunch?

A gentleman and a scholar, albeit heavily armed.
M. H. Pennypecker
« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2011, 06:08:00 am »

Captain Grey!
What a pleasant surprise!
Especially since the rumors I heard a few months gone.
A nasty air battle against a certain Dutchmen with the destruction of both ships and a fiery crash off the coast of Peru.
I feared the worst when no word was heard. Good to see you still among the living.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2011, 06:14:52 am »

By all means, sir! here, have a drink and one of these incredible roast beef sandwiches...
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #235 on: August 16, 2011, 12:55:37 am »

Ah George, there you are. A xl BC & Ameretto please and whatever the others want. Put it all on someone elses tab thank you.  Wink

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
The Squire
Zeppelin Admiral

Sans Peur

« Reply #236 on: August 16, 2011, 01:03:20 am »

You're Back! Oh Lord, I thought The Smoking Room had disappeared into the æther!

George, my good man, a strong cup of your best Darjeeling and a snifter of the Hennesey, s'il vous plait!

"You don't mind breaking the law?"
        "Not in the least."
"Nor running a chance of arrest?"
        "Not in a good cause."
"Oh, the cause is excellent!"
         "Then I am your man."
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #237 on: August 16, 2011, 03:19:25 am »

I heard French! Who's speaking French? As an Englishman I am required by law to dislike the French!
The Squire
Zeppelin Admiral

Sans Peur

« Reply #238 on: August 16, 2011, 03:51:25 pm »

I heard French! Who's speaking French? As an Englishman I am required by law to dislike the French!

Oh, goodness, I do apologize, Corsair! I was seconded to La Légion Etrangère for a short time, and occasionally lapse into la langue française without knowing it. Please forgive me, je vous en prie. It won't happen again.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #239 on: August 16, 2011, 09:21:02 pm »

*grits his teeth and drinks*
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #240 on: August 18, 2011, 02:35:09 pm »

Drinks all around.  The dissertation's finished  Smiley

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #241 on: August 18, 2011, 03:28:56 pm »

Drinks all around.  The dissertation's finished  Smiley

Congrats! ::lifts drink::
Wormster
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #242 on: August 18, 2011, 03:54:16 pm »

Raises glass, "Congratulations old chap!"

We are the BEC,
And this we must confess,
Whatever is worth doing,
We'll do it to excess!
Ella, Aerial Musketeer
Snr. Officer
Australia Australia

« Reply #243 on: August 18, 2011, 10:48:17 pm »

:nicks a drink: "huzza"
TVC15
Zeppelin Admiral

Extremely hazardous...have some?

« Reply #244 on: August 19, 2011, 01:43:32 am »

Did somebody say "Dessert is served?"

Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...
D.Oakes
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #245 on: August 21, 2011, 06:30:29 am »

Is dessert cold and alcoholic? 
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #246 on: August 21, 2011, 06:38:06 am »

Why would we have my wife for dessert?
D.Oakes
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #247 on: August 21, 2011, 08:07:35 am »

In that case, would it be possible to drink myself? 
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #248 on: August 21, 2011, 08:15:58 am »

To death, yes
D.Oakes
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #249 on: August 21, 2011, 08:45:30 am »

To death, yes
*raises glass*  Memento Mori
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: