Author Topic: Otakon?  (Read 1005 times)

J.Tanner

• Deck Hand
  • care to make a wager?
Otakon?
« on: July 26, 2011, 03:21:26 am »
Hey everyone, i was simply checking for a role call of those attending otakon this year. if anyone is interested, there is a photoshoot scheduled for half past six by the indoor fountains on friday. i dont know of any on saturday, but if you are interested i see no reason why we couldnt start one.

last year was my 4th at otakon, 1st in steampunk. and while we did a good job of spreading the word of photoshoots by mouth (i stood by the entrance for an hour) a bit more planning would be nice.

hope to see a lot of us there this year!

LascielsShadow

• Snr. Officer
Re: Otakon?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 04:17:48 am »
*waves* Me! I'm on staff (if you happen by Art Show, I'll be the bald girl with goggles and a gunbelt), but I believe I could get away for a few minutes for a photoshoot and possibly a bit of chatting. Hopefully I'll at least get to see lots of us wandering about the Art Show/Artists' Alley.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 04:26:39 am by LascielsShadow »

hasher

• Zeppelin Captain
  • Exploring Officer
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 08:29:59 am »
Alas no Otacon for me this year.

However myself and 3 friends are planning for next year.
May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.

Hope you got your things together

Hope you're quite prepared to die

Looks like we're in for nasty weather

One eye is taken for an eye

BrassCoated

• Deck Hand
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 03:17:41 pm »
Tragically, I was at Otakon this year, and I made the rounds cosplaying as Simon Tam, but at that point I was merely an admirer of steampunkery, and had not yet begun making my own creations, nor had I discovered this wonderful forum. Perhaps you saw me traveling with my lovely Kaylee, or saw some posted pictures of us, we were quite popular.

D.Oakes

• Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 03:38:15 pm »
Tragically, I was at Otakon this year, and I made the rounds cosplaying as Simon Tam, but at that point I was merely an admirer of steampunkery, and had not yet begun making my own creations, nor had I discovered this wonderful forum. Perhaps you saw me traveling with my lovely Kaylee, or saw some posted pictures of us, we were quite popular.

DANG YOU BRASS COATED!  I saw this thread and thought it hadn't happened yet.   ;D  My friends in college went to it every year, I didn't go because I was not a "nerd," so I picked on them for going.  There was this brief moment before I saw the dates of posts where I went, "SWEET!  I get to show them that I came out of the nerd closet!"  Now I have something to look foreward to next year I guess. 
"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over." -Rhett Butler

BrassCoated

• Deck Hand
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 03:03:37 am »
I heartily beg your forgiveness, Sir Oakes. I also had made fun of my friends up until this year when I finally allowed one of them to drag me along. I'm not familiar with anime at all, and I did feel out of place until everyone started stopping us and asking for our photographs. Being treated like a celebrity is very much worth "coming out of the nerd closet" ;D It is a great environment, I didn't go to a single talk or panel, just walked around enjoying the socializing, the amazing artist's alley, and of course their famous rave.

This just gives you more time to prepare for next year, perhaps we can meet then and exchange ideas. I'm already planning out my cosplaying for then, I think I'll just stick to steampunk this time, and a few of my friends will be doing the same.

markf

• Goggleologist
    • Steampunk and Retrofuture Designs of Maryland
Re: C?
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 10:55:48 am »
I didn't notice in the subject line or in the replies any location - where is the Otakon?  I know it used to be in PA, but is this the local one to me (Baltimore?). mf
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:01:57 am by markf »
US ARMY-WORKING HARDER, NOT SMARTER. Steampunk Smart Car & Office Cubicle, Levitating Mossarium, Dive Pocket Watch; 1915 Wilson Goggles/Swing-Arm Monocular; Boiling Tube Lamp; Pocket Watch/Cell Phone; Air Kraken Augmentotron. http://sites.google.com/site/steampunkretrofuturedesignsmd

D.Oakes

• Zeppelin Admiral
Re: C?
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 11:10:33 am »
I didn't notice in the subject line or in the replies any location - where is the Otakon?  I know it used to be in PA, but is this the local one to me (Baltimore?). mf

Yes, Baltimore.