The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 17, 2019, 11:47:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pyrate Daze Con in Santa Ana, August 2011  (Read 719 times)
Jonny B. Goode
Snr. Officer
United States United States

The Gentleman Soldier

« on: July 01, 2011, 07:47:46 pm »

On August 27 and 28, Santa Ana will be host to this year's Pyrate Daze. (Last one was two years ago on the Queen Mary, they skipped a year due to the economy, I believe.)

Pyrate Daze is a Pirate and Steampunk convention From the blurb on their website: "Combining the Golden Age of Pirates and the Romantic Age of Steam Punk, this event will go down in the captain's logs as the most unique gathering since Jules Verne met Blackbeard on haunted shores! Come see a plethora of eclectic gadgets, gizmos and booty for sale - Be witness to a Zombie invasion. Where we take the risks and you take you take the bargains!"

This year, as last time, Saturday will be more Pirate-themed and Sunday more steampunk-themed, but there will be plenty of both both days. Scheduled musical guests include Veronique Chevalier, Cirque Noir, Rillian and the Doxie Chix (who had a Sepiachord Song of the Day back in May with their song, Opus 304050), and on Sunday only, an 80s tribute band and a Ramones tribute band.

Also appearing: Thrill The World, a zombie dance troupe, a pyro show, and a mermaid in the pool, from what I understand. Celebrity guests will include Doug Jones of Sockbaby and The Danger Element fame (oh yeah, he was also in those Fantastic Four movies and Pan's Labyrinth...) and Tony Curran (The Invisible Man in League of Extraordinariy Gentlemen). Other celebrities and musicians may be added, I understand he's working on something spectacular...

There will be vendors (I think vendor spots are still available), Captain Jack Sparrow impersonators, the Toy Soldiers will have a recruitment table and will be showing a short film throughout the day, there will be a screening of a film short called "Treachery" (a pirate film, I believe), and swordfighting exhibitions both days by The Deadly Dance theatrical swordfighting school. Saturday evening, from 7 to 11 they will have a dinner and masquerade ball... the theme is The Depp Dinner, come as your favorite Johnny Depp character. There will also be entertainment will be by the comedian Dante.

All the info is on their website here: http://www.pyratedaze.com.

I'm also working on a steampunk afterparty for Saturday evening, possibly at a local English pub that has a nautical/pirate theme, so stay tuned on that.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 07:56:40 pm by Jonny B. Goode » Logged

Sky Marshal Jonathan Baines "Jonny B." Goode, F.O.S.S.L.
"The Gentleman Soldier"™
Commander, Air Corps Elite for Steel (A.C.E.S.)
Flagship: Hyperion Class I.S.S. Runcible
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: