The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 24, 2019, 07:59:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion  (Read 557 times)
Mr. Phikset
Gunner
United States United States

« on: June 22, 2011, 06:48:46 am »

Greetings all, I just wanted to share a local gem that involves steam.  It is not steampunk, but rather a gathering of historical and steam enthusiasts running actual steam tractors, engines, etc.  They have a train that runs the grounds, a steam power generation plant, museums showing various things from the development and refinement of the steam engine and the early gas 'New Way' engines to the development of radio, etc.  It really is a very neat place out in Rollag, MN.  Check out their website here: http://www.rollag.com/index.php

The live steam even will be held September 2-5.  I intend to be there and if anyone else would want to make the journey, it is well worth it.  I will be taking many pictures this year and sharing my experiences.

When asked how long something will take, always tell them longer than what you think it will take.  That way if something goes wrong you have time to fix it and if everything goes smoothly then you look like a miracle worker.
 - Scotty
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: