The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 24, 2019, 12:19:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pageant of Steam, Canandaigua NY  (Read 1487 times)
wjbaggins
Officer
United States United States

« on: June 20, 2011, 03:59:36 am »

Greetings New York Steampunks and those stationed near enough to drive.  I spotted a brief blurb about this in a recent Finger Lakes Magazine.  The event does not seem so much related to the punk, but there is definitely a lot of steam power.  http://www.pageantofsteam.org/

If the travel gods are kind to me, and I have my chance to go, it would be gratifying to see another pair of goggles among the crowd. Cheesy Safe travels to all. 

Ex Libris Potestas
sister steampunk
Swab

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 04:57:32 am »

is this more of a community gathering or a costume one?
wjbaggins
Officer

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 03:20:17 am »

The event is hosted/run by the New York Steam Engine Association, and from what I can tell this seems more about the community of antique engine owners and craftspeople interested in the time period.  I doubt there will be a lot of costumes if any (much to my regret). 
D00101010
Deck Hand

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 03:53:54 pm »

I live in Canandaigua.  I went over to the Pageant of Steam grounds around a month ago for the flea market.  There was also an antique tractor pull going on.  Some interesting stuff was at the flea market.     I'm thinking about heading over to the Pageant of Steam at least to check it out since I live so close.

-D
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: