The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 30, 2020, 06:17:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pennsylvania steampunk  (Read 2438 times)
phantomprime
Deck Hand
United States United States

« on: June 14, 2011, 05:40:18 pm »

is there anyone in the pottstown area thats interested in steampunk.. my email is posted

phantomprime
Damnd of Hell
Gunner

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 07:19:41 am »

Well, I live in Hazleton and work in Harrisburg.   Smiley

Your Hell, is my paradise.
Mungo
Deck Hand

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 05:56:59 pm »

There's a Steampunk Costume Ball, the Airship Pirates' Ball, in Pottstown, PA on the 30th of July.  Both of you should come.  Information is at grindlebone.org
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 03:51:56 am by Mungo » Logged
kknaub
Swab

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 12:42:00 pm »

Make sure to check out the Steampunk Horologia Festival in Columbia, PA on September 16-17, 2011 at the National Watch & Clock Museum. The Museum is a perfect place to meet and gather with your steampunk friends. Visit http://www.nawcc.org/index.php/special-events/steampunk-horologia-festival
for more information.
Mungo
Deck Hand

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 03:55:54 am »

The SECOND Annual Airship Pirates Ball, Phoenixville, PA Oct 26 Smiley

Come and join us for our SECOND Annual Gala of fun, music, and potential larceny. There will be food, an art and accoutrement auction, a cash bar, vendors, a Steampunk fashion contest with prizes, music, dance, a promenade of Phoenixville, and, of course, the Bimini Ring Game. All proceeds go to benefit Grindlebone Arts and Greylight Theatre in their work to further performing arts, artists, and to assist Greylight's work with autistic children and young adults.

Yes, there is Guiness.  We knew you'd ask.

Our first year event was an absolute hoot, with some great costuming and prizes.  Come and help make our second event even better!

About Molly Maguire's
Molly Maguire's is one of the most best authentic Irish Pubs in the Philadelphia area, and features a cool location, great ambiance, a menu replete with Irish traditional dishes, a full bar and a fantastic craft beer selection.  It's one of our favorite spots.  We suspect it will be one of yours as well.

The Details:
Appropriate garb strongly urged.
Tickets $5 at the door.  Or you can click on the "join" button at the bottom if the page at http://grindlebone.org/pb/wp_6e92c5e2/wp_6e92c5e2.html, shell out a $5 membership fee to the League, and enjoy entrance to all our events for free!

Vendors should arrive 1 hour prior to the event.

Promenade is at 9PM, with the costume contest shortly thereafter.

No one under 18 admitted without appropriate parent or adult guardian, said guardian assuming all responsibility for said minor.

Got something cool you'd like to donate to the auction?  We'd love to have it!!

So fire up that boiler, dust off the monacle, and come see and be seen!!

(did I mention the Guiness?)
apocalypseArisen
Swab

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 04:53:35 pm »

I'm from the Wilkes-Barre area!

There is actually a group on Facebook called "Pennsylvania Steampunk." While Facebook is often not the best of places, the group is a very good way of finding others in the general area who are into steampunk. Despite the name, there are also members from adjacent states. Events in PA and the surrounding states are often posted there, so such a group actually proves to be a very useful resource! I met quite a few of the members at Time Traveler's Weekend at the PA Ren Faire this year.
Dorian Von Glass
Gunner

Scorpioboi7
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 08:50:13 pm »

It is so exciting to hear of these events in my home state!!! I hope to meet you all soon!!!!

Carlisle PA, here.

Dorian Von Glass

J. Lavern
Gunner

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 05:34:09 pm »

A new SP from western PA here. Anyone know of some events coming up in 2013?
CrashInBlack
Gunner

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 11:41:52 pm »

Another Western Pa resident here Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: