The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
June 05, 2020, 10:23:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Memphis Steam Meetup  (Read 1125 times)
RandomTickTock
Deck Hand
United States United States

« on: April 12, 2011, 05:57:54 am »

So, gents, would any of you fine people in the Memphis area like to have a casual sort of steampunk meetup? Of course, Midtown around the University of Memphis would likely be the ideal sort of place for a meet, and there are quite a few public places we could meet at.

So yes, let's organize a Memphis Steam meet.
dman762000
Zeppelin Admiral

Captain of the pirate Airship Aurelia

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 05:18:20 am »

Hmmmm, sounds interesting. What about the Pink Palace? I am only 60 miles north of Memphis on the Mississippi (wanna make sure not to get it confused with that other Memphis over in Egypt) Might also be a good excuse to go walking in the botanical gardens. Or we could round up all the midsouth steampunks for a steampunk invasion of some public area.

edit: Of course, isn't MidSouthCon coming up?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 05:21:11 am by dman762000 » Logged

"Dammit all, the hydrogen catalysts have gone off again!"

opta ardua pennis astra sequi
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 08:18:28 am »

I'm just over the mountains to the East (North Carolina), and might could use some vacation time!  I'd LOVE to meet up with fellow steampunkers!

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
dman762000
Zeppelin Admiral

Captain of the pirate Airship Aurelia

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 06:18:52 pm »

Seems like here in the southern farm belt it is hard to organize meet-ups. I wish we had some sort of event we could use as an excuse to dress up and get together. There seem to be some in Missouri who are having a similar problem with finding one another then there are a few of us here in Arkansas who are having a hard time finding one another, a few in Memphis, and apparently someone over in South Carolina who would be interested in coming all the way over to Memphis for a vacation. There needs to be something to do though to make it worth all our whiles to get together. Anyone have any ideas?
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 10:46:18 pm »

There's quite a few things to do in and around NC/SC/TN/VA, but I'm not sure about other areas...  NC has Old Salem (16-1700s Moravian Settlement), several public/state/national parks, museums...  VA has the Virginia Transportation Museum, TN has Nashville, and SC has...  Good BBQ!  (Ok, so sue me, I dont know much about the other states...  I live in NC!)

I DO know there's a nice Zoo in NC, and GA has at least a DECENT steampunk community in/around the Atlanta area...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: