Author Topic: The Unofficial Brass Goggles Minecraft Server!  (Read 257814 times)

CPT. Dansko

Re: The Brass Goggles Minecraft Server!
« Reply #325 on: May 30, 2011, 06:10:50 pm »
I've got it...
i have an idea but i do not know if it is allready been done :(
so comment if the following have been done...
1) a monument/statue what ever you want to call it
2) a factory where dreams are made and limbs are lost (what ever factory it is gonna be will be voted on)
that is all m limited mind can come up with :-\
please comment on whichever one you think i should do if they haven't been done

-The Name Stealer-

The Corsair

• Defective Inspector
  • Board Moderator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #326 on: May 30, 2011, 07:18:23 pm »
Manix if you could show me any such location then that would be great! If one is better than the one I've picked out then I can simply make a speed conversion into some ruins and start again.
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #327 on: May 30, 2011, 07:52:58 pm »
I have a question guys...
What do people think of rebuilding the Settlement itself? At the moment it is two trees, a dock (which I think should be left) and Gregson's giant hall/library/theatre... thing!
I'm proposing removing the forests and the Warehouse (as we have a better one) and replacing the lot of it with more standard housing. Make it a real settlement. It would involve clearing most of the stuff (though I'd rather leave the main things built like the treehouse docks and mountain stuff) like the mine entrance... then levelling most of it and building houses.
<discuss>
~Longeye~

Manix

• Gunner
« Reply #328 on: May 30, 2011, 09:18:32 pm »
Corsair - I will gladly show you just tell me when you are most likely to be on or I can annotate a map for you.

Dansko - I love the idea of a monument, maybe we can try and build a giant statue in honour of longeye Im talking massive communist stone thing pointing into the sky or something, maybe a 2D one would be funny.

Makebot - Mad science castle maybe? A propper one inside a 13th century Island fort with a spire and creepy dungeons etc etc?

Longeye - Were you thinking of extending the walls of just build more general buildings within the confines in place of the forest?

Heres another suggestion for anyone.......Nautilus!!! Not the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen one...the original.
You can't get much steam punk than that.

God I hope they introduce sea monsters!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:21:01 pm by Manix »

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #329 on: May 30, 2011, 09:31:46 pm »
I was planning on just building inside, but with that said it might be an idea to wipe the walls as well and build the town square with thicker walls and towers dotted along them... Not sure, it depends what people think really.
~Longeye~

Dr. makebot

• Zeppelin Captain
« Reply #330 on: May 30, 2011, 09:58:55 pm »
yes I am a mad scientist, now live with it.

The Corsair

• Defective Inspector
  • Board Moderator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #331 on: May 30, 2011, 10:57:10 pm »
Manix, it would be ideal if you could annotate the map... I can't locate my present location on it.

Rebuilding the settlement? I say yes!
Besides the dock necahnism itself I'd be happy to shift the other beach buildings (one was originally my house). So long as the hospital stays I don't mind what happens.

Gunner Gregson

• Snr. Officer
  • Hired Gun, Gunsmith
« Reply #332 on: May 30, 2011, 11:52:31 pm »
im up for rebuilding the settlement. i keep saying it but i WILL finish the Manor.

on another note i have built a rail track extending from the castle, all the way too the coliseum currently. it is just above cloud level at the moment. what i want to do is drop it down above Mountain Manor, build a station on top of the theatre or there abouts. if there is a single person that is unhappy about this i will reroute (it isnt finished yet) im looking at becoming less dependent on the stargate mod. yes its an awesome mod, but its kinda fun riding around everywhere. also at the moment it 'floats' i can add supports very easily if anybody wishes it.

Ananias S. Wildwire
Ananias S. Wildwire at your service, for a price of course.

Manix

• Gunner
« Reply #333 on: May 31, 2011, 12:33:45 am »
For Corsair (and anyone else who gets lost without stargates)

Spoiler: ShowHide

The bits corsair will be interested are highlighted in pink over to the far right. (Gate to Desert Land, out the door and round the back of the facility then keep walking away, going the opposite direction to the clouds.

heres the link to the image as it doesnt show up very big on here.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:37:12 am by Manix »

The Corsair

• Defective Inspector
  • Board Moderator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #334 on: May 31, 2011, 12:52:14 am »
That map is awesome.
The building is presently somewhere on the coast between the coliseum and WH13. I'll take a look this evening.

CPT. Dansko

« Reply #335 on: May 31, 2011, 06:05:02 am »
Well manix i was actually thinking of a 3D statue but i like a 2D because it might be easier
I am suggesting that we take down the message bored because no one uses it, and we place a fountainwith the statue in it 3D or 2D

-CPT. Dansko-

CPT. Dansko

« Reply #336 on: May 31, 2011, 06:08:34 am »
I forgot to add on that building it to be Longeye would work (As he did make and runs the server)we just would have to choose a different location
building it in the courtyard isn't big enough so to all people of the server where do you think it should go
perhaps we can make enough room in the temple/spawn hall and build a giant statue of him, then make a hole in the roof and have maybe his hand/fist
pointing out of it...

-CPT. Dansko-

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #337 on: May 31, 2011, 11:14:20 am »
No statues of/for me please! It's weird O.o
~Longeye~

Manix

• Gunner
« Reply #338 on: May 31, 2011, 11:30:25 am »
Aww long eye spoiled it :(

CPT. Dansko

« Reply #339 on: May 31, 2011, 11:42:12 am »
Ah but the idea will not be locked away and forgoten
why don't we make some where a giant diamond pickaxe and have most of the diamond surrounded by cobblestone or something like that to look like rubble,
  -
 |
|--------
 |OO
OOOO   :3

the 'O' is meant to be rubble and the smiley face is a player
what do you think of that... all we need now is a location  :)

-CPT. Dansko-

walternator

• Gunner
« Reply #340 on: May 31, 2011, 12:59:46 pm »
instead of rubble, you could find a suitable mountain/hill and position it coming out of that   :)
Technically it didn't blow up...

CPT. Dansko

« Reply #341 on: May 31, 2011, 04:40:07 pm »
No i think rubble/cobblestone would be better because it is meant to be a pickaxe striking the ground... and the cobblestone/rubble is debris from the strike
placing it in a mountain means we have to find a mountain close to the settlement that has nothing on it, then build it... however if we build the pick then surround it in cobblestone it looks like a giant pickaxe has hit the ground and got stuck :D
And that is all i have to say

-CPT. Dansko-

Gunner Gregson

• Snr. Officer
  • Hired Gun, Gunsmith
« Reply #342 on: May 31, 2011, 05:35:02 pm »
is the server down? or has it been updated? havent been able to get on at all today.

Ananias S. Wildwire

*EDIT* just managed to get on, then the server started talking to me
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:38:08 pm by Gunner Gregson »

walternator

• Gunner
« Reply #343 on: May 31, 2011, 08:18:04 pm »
No i think rubble/cobblestone would be better because it is meant to be a pickaxe striking the ground... and the cobblestone/rubble is debris from the strike
placing it in a mountain means we have to find a mountain close to the settlement that has nothing on it, then build it... however if we build the pick then surround it in cobblestone it looks like a giant pickaxe has hit the ground and got stuck :D
And that is all i have to say

-CPT. Dansko-

Sounds good to me
Best of luck with building it ;)

-Walternator-

CPT. Dansko

« Reply #344 on: June 01, 2011, 05:49:51 am »
Walternator: Thank you, as soon as the update to the server is done i will find a location and build

Gunner Gregson: The server talked to you o.O

-CPT. Dansko-

P.S: how long do i have to stay on to be promoted?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 05:53:09 am by CPT. Dansko »

walternator

• Gunner
« Reply #345 on: June 01, 2011, 07:12:03 am »
P.S: how long do i have to stay on to be promoted?

I'm in exactly the same position  :D

-Walternator-

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #346 on: June 01, 2011, 10:38:34 am »
Promotion's aren't based in time I'm afraid, but on  trust. There are only three ranks (four if you count 'not allowed on') which are player, mod/op and administrator. You could be a good player who builds amazing things, but if I don't think you're sensible enough with the powers a mod/op gets I won't promote you (as you could quite literally lay waste to the whole server).
Now that's  not to say 'if you're not a mod/op already I don't trust you', sometimes I'm just a little slow getting round to upgrading someone, and sometimes I just like to see/interact with someone a little more before I make up my mind.
As it stands I'm thinking of making an 'advanced player' category (maybe not called that) which will give you access to all features that are less powerful than worldedit... you'd be able to do a lot more, but not have the server destroying powers that are WorldEdit.
What do people think of this?
~Longeye~

walternator

• Gunner
« Reply #347 on: June 01, 2011, 10:43:15 am »
sounds good to me  :)
but mine (and i presume Dansko's) question was to do with the brass goggles forum itself
sorry to cause the confusion  :-\

-Walternator-

P.S. Any idea how long until the update  ???

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #348 on: June 01, 2011, 01:34:16 pm »
D: oops...
Your BG promotions I have no idea... I forget the times... I don't think anyone on the forum actually has an idea about how long each promotion takes except Proteus himself...
As for update:
IT'S OUT :D
Literally JUST updated, BUT:
the panel isn't working so I can't update right now. I have a feeling that's because too many people have tried to update at once. I'll let you know when I can.
~Longeye~

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #349 on: June 01, 2011, 05:44:03 pm »
Oh! Would you look at that! An update stumbled in! :D
Yes we're running 1.6.6 after a little trouble, so you can all update.
In other news; you should be able to send me .schematic files to be uploaded and imported into the world! This means you can build something off-server and import it into the server!
Enjoy,
~Longeye~