Author Topic: The Unofficial Brass Goggles Minecraft Server!  (Read 257811 times)

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
Re: The Brass Goggles Minecraft Server!
« Reply #225 on: May 12, 2011, 02:10:49 pm »
Corsair! Mods are good, but not a one is compatible I'm afraid. I will say something, if people want to suggest mods they are welcome to but they have to (basically) be from the Bukkit Forum. They have their own list of compatible mods of which 99% work. There are mods out there on the forums that'll work, but they have to say Bukkit Compatible somewhere on them. If they do, they should work.
~Longeye~

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #226 on: May 12, 2011, 05:41:49 pm »
Just have to leave a note for everyone, please take note;
Rapture is getting fairly big now, and a lot of people are building in it. It would be nice if we could leave each others buildings as they are. A few things have been changed without the owners permissions and I'm asking that people NOT change ANYTHING (no matter how small) without asking whoever built it please? If you don't know then it's easy to ask, and connecting your building to the city doesn't count really... but changing things that have been put up by someone else isn't in the spirit of the thing.
Thanks everyone!
~Longeye~

steampowered

• Deck Hand
  • Smash it to bits, find out how it works.
« Reply #227 on: May 13, 2011, 07:11:15 am »
Ok guys can people please not build things (like skulls and airships) out in the bay that the resort looks out on because it completely destroys the purpose of something I spent a week building. I have taken down the 2 things out over the bay and will not hesitate to remove any other objects built there.

I've tried to stay off the beaten path, so I can stay out of people's way, but if you run out to the resort you should see the airship parked in the water & skull mountain. All of the things I've built should be flammable, so if I've built anything in someone's way, feel free to remove it.

Again I apologize, I tried to stay out of the way, as to not disrupt someone else's project. I will try to locate an area further away.

It seems a "Creeper temple" has popped up on our map, overnight I may add, much to my surprise. Upon further inspection, I was set upon by not one, not two, but 5 Creeper guards (fret not, I escaped unharmed). This led me to the conclusion that Creepers spawn nearby anything which marks a striking resemblence to themselves...McManix should beware if this is the case, his visage is constantly that of a Creepers...

I figured if we offered up things to the creeper gods, then they might leave the buildings alone. I know there's no code or science behind this, but sometimes it's good to have a little... "faith"...  ::)

The Corsair

• Defective Inspector
  • Board Moderator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #228 on: May 13, 2011, 09:53:10 am »
Thanks

Also, 8 designer houses have now been completed (though I definitely need to make changes to the wool one on the mountain)

The stone house in the desert has been claimed by Longeye, the house on the water has been claimed by Sir Nick and the first house (wool and wood) has been claimed by Manix. I know someone claimed the one dug into the mountain but I don't know who they were and they haven't placed a sign making the claim official so it is potentially still up for grabs.
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

steampowered

• Deck Hand
  • Smash it to bits, find out how it works.
« Reply #229 on: May 13, 2011, 01:48:08 pm »
If you're talking about the one with the skull I will update it with a sign next time I'm in.

Mechanic

• Zeppelin Captain
« Reply #230 on: May 13, 2011, 06:17:13 pm »
I have been busy with work but hope to be back to work on the big dirigible shortly.
Steampunk is in the eye of the beholder, in the hands of the tinkerer and in the needle of the costumer.

The Corsair

• Defective Inspector
  • Board Moderator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #231 on: May 13, 2011, 08:50:43 pm »
If you're talking about the one with the skull I will update it with a sign next time I'm in.

No that's nowhere near the designer houses. I think you're meaning the one by the resort (big skull with all the gold etc) which isn't my doing at all.
If you take a stargate to the destination 'design' then you'll see the houses I'm talking about.

Screaming Lord Pea Green

• Snr. Officer
  • Where the only wrong thought...is the right one.
    • Facebook - the Pea Green years.
« Reply #232 on: May 14, 2011, 04:54:52 am »
I think I might claimed the one you're on about, but the sign was on the roof as at the time you hadn't put a path leading up to it :P
Spoiler: ShowHide
You've no idea how long it took me to figure out that I had to scale the mountain as there wasn't a path...I swear I ran around the base of the mountain 4 times before starting my ascent...

I've now moved that sign to the front door, so it should be easier to notice now...
The Moral High Gound - A great place to position Artillery.

Sorontar

• Administrator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
  • All ideas should have wings
    • Sorontar
« Reply #233 on: May 14, 2011, 07:45:46 am »
I have been busy with work but hope to be back to work on the big dirigible shortly.

A friend has been making large airships on my server. He is up to attempt number 4 or 5. I think he has finally got the message that lava is not a good way to portray an engine on a construction containing wooden parts, regardless of what distances and blocks you think you have between the two.

That said, the fires were rather spectacular.

Sorontar
ps. We have also advised him to build the engine first, then the hull, rather than the other way round.
Sorontar, Captain of 'The Aethereal Dancer'
Advisor to HM Engineers on matters aethereal, aeronautic and cosmographic
http://eyrie.sorontar.com

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #234 on: May 14, 2011, 10:49:45 am »
I believe Manix will be able to say some wise words on just that subject as well :D Large steamers built out of wool and filled with lava boilers...
;)
~Longeye~

Screaming Lord Pea Green

• Snr. Officer
  • Where the only wrong thought...is the right one.
    • Facebook - the Pea Green years.
« Reply #235 on: May 14, 2011, 04:33:03 pm »
To be fair to the poor kid, it was tightly sealed...just came crashing down when a glass block disappeared randomly...

Gunner Gregson

• Snr. Officer
  • Hired Gun, Gunsmith
« Reply #236 on: May 14, 2011, 04:50:46 pm »
Lava encased in glass blocks is totally safe, but like Pea Green said. when a glass block disappears "oh dear"
glass has 0 damage resistance, and is easily broken, so not the best choice but nothing out there is better.

Ananias S. Wildwire
Ananias S. Wildwire at your service, for a price of course.

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #237 on: May 15, 2011, 03:47:48 pm »
Hi guys, anyone know why there is now a sizeable chasm by the redstone labs (by the resort)? It just sort of appeared and I was wondering if someone is using it for something?
~Longeye~

Gunner Gregson

• Snr. Officer
  • Hired Gun, Gunsmith
« Reply #238 on: May 15, 2011, 04:21:48 pm »
*SHRUG* i have no idea where the Redstone labs are.

i know im the most useless person on the server. i go hide myself away to do my building, oblivious to everythig else that is going on.

I did check out the hangar and Manor built by Manix. Hangar isnt to my liking but the Manor is awesome, lovely use of sandstone.
i got lost in area 69 aswell  :D
i strolled around the designer houses, some nice work.

im a bit worried walking around other peoples builds, creepers and thier explosions worry me.

GG

Dr. makebot

• Zeppelin Captain
« Reply #239 on: May 15, 2011, 05:06:43 pm »
Hi guys, anyone know why there is now a sizeable chasm by the redstone labs (by the resort)? It just sort of appeared and I was wondering if someone is using it for something?
~Longeye~

if it has rail tracks in it its the rail link to the resort.
otherwise, no idea ???
yes I am a mad scientist, now live with it.

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #240 on: May 15, 2011, 06:35:42 pm »
It does have railtracks, I was just wondering if it was also supposed to have a chasm around it :P
If it is then forget I mentioned it!

Lady Ava

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.
    • Ava's Apparel Blog
« Reply #241 on: May 16, 2011, 02:18:24 pm »
I am terrified of how much of my life I may lose by saying this:

I may well have to join in with this later on. *sigh* I've now officially given in to my geeky side, and it's all the fault of BGF. :P
''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #242 on: May 16, 2011, 02:24:27 pm »
BAHAHA!! *cue lightning* Welcome to the blocky side!
As long as you realise just how much of your life this will gobble (think years ;)) you're welcome aboard!
~Longeye~
p.s. Manix; that lightning was aimed near you! :P

Lady Ava

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.
    • Ava's Apparel Blog
« Reply #243 on: May 16, 2011, 02:25:51 pm »
BAHAHA!! *cue lightning* Welcome to the blocky side!
As long as you realise just how much of your life this will gobble (think years ;)) you're welcome aboard!
~Longeye~
p.s. Manix; that lightning was aimed near you! :P

Pfft, I lost a good 5 years of my life to Runescape. I can now look at trees without thinking about the 9 weeks of SOLID woodcutting I did for that damn skillcape... :P
And thankyou, for the welcome ;)

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #244 on: May 16, 2011, 02:38:49 pm »
Okay, RUNESCAPE? Seriously? That's way too nerdy for us ;)
Because I never EVER played that! Yes! Never... not me... >.>;;

ANYWAY!
Everyone reading this, you may have noticed the lack of a new map... this wasn't my fault this time (usually it is) but the generator was generating maps without any map in them! This was something of a problem! I have the one for yesterday now (uploading as I type) so you can look at that, but today the generator is still bugging so it might be a little bit before we can get another new one up. Thanks for bearing with me!
~Longeye~

Dr. makebot

• Zeppelin Captain
« Reply #245 on: May 16, 2011, 03:33:20 pm »
Just to remind everyone who knows and to tell those who don't, please be careful when using drills, particualy as they have no windows. I just had to help McManix remove one from the side of rapture.

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #246 on: May 16, 2011, 04:49:26 pm »
... D'Oh! I think we should say no drills around populated areas, as you never know when you'll drop in on somebody unexpectedly!
~Longeye~

The Corsair

• Defective Inspector
  • Board Moderator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #247 on: May 16, 2011, 09:08:46 pm »
I'm having tech troubles at home. Everytime I try and place or remove a block my game crashes

Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth

« Reply #248 on: May 17, 2011, 10:47:24 am »
Anyone who's played TF2 will be familiar with R.E.D.

Now, R.E.D. has come to Minecraft! Headquartered in Rapture, R.E.D. offers a reliable service for excavation and demolition, using the latest drilling and blasting technology.

Apparatus can be assembled on-site for quick and easy excavation, mountain removal, or bunker construction. The process produces vast amounts of tailings and scrap material which can either be retrieved or destroyed, as per prior agreement.

Hate that mountain? R.E.D. can help!

The Corsair

• Defective Inspector
  • Board Moderator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #249 on: May 17, 2011, 10:42:39 pm »
I'm having massive lag problems...