Author Topic: The Unofficial Brass Goggles Minecraft Server!  (Read 258024 times)

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
Re: The Unofficial Brass Goggles Minecraft Server!
« Reply #2100 on: April 07, 2012, 09:38:56 pm »
Got the error now, cursing and looking into it.
~Longeye~

AngelWithDirtyHands

• Gunner
    • Quintconsequential. Because sometimes, it's the little things that make life perfect.
« Reply #2101 on: April 08, 2012, 12:14:26 pm »
Happy birthday! Here's a bunch of server errors for your present ^___^

...or perhaps it was waiting for Easter to mysteriously resurrect? Hopefully SignCodePad doesn't think it's the 2nd Coming...

Screaming Lord Pea Green

• Snr. Officer
  • Where the only wrong thought...is the right one.
    • Facebook - the Pea Green years.
« Reply #2102 on: April 08, 2012, 01:07:49 pm »
Happy birthday! Here's a bunch of server errors for your present ^___^

...or perhaps it was waiting for Easter to mysteriously resurrect? Hopefully SignCodePad doesn't think it's the 2nd Coming...

Or maybe it's the Passover error angel and any stargate without a signcodepad on it is visited and bestowed numerous errors?
The Moral High Gound - A great place to position Artillery.

elShoggotho

« Reply #2103 on: April 09, 2012, 12:36:56 pm »
PLEASE deactivate multiworld support in WormholeXTreme! I suspect that it's breaking stuff.

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #2104 on: April 09, 2012, 01:40:19 pm »
Erm.... Multiworld support isn't on O.o
The only way to turn on multi-world support is through a second plugin (worldhole worlds) which I don't have. Your error is showing as an SQL write error, which would make sense seeing as we don't HAVE SQL... however it obviously worked before on the old server when we also didn't have SQL, so I'm trying to find out why and make it do that again....
~Longeye~

elShoggotho

« Reply #2105 on: April 09, 2012, 01:44:05 pm »
Are we running the latest WormholeXTreme version? It comes with native multiworld support, that's why I'm asking.

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #2106 on: April 09, 2012, 02:13:05 pm »
My word, you're right! It's been added as a recognised error since I last looked. I think the easiest way to fix this would be to add the multi-world support for now actually, as the official advice is that this fixes the problem. I won't actually set up any worlds yet (besides the running three) but that should fix gates....
~Longeye~

Screaming Lord Pea Green

• Snr. Officer
« Reply #2107 on: April 09, 2012, 03:48:51 pm »
I'll have a look round for other versions of gates to see if there are ones that are less prone to bugs.

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #2108 on: April 09, 2012, 05:48:22 pm »
The only other one I've liked the look of was much more complicated to set up, and had a tendency to forget the water shouldn't flow ;)
The gates still don't work even with adding the plugin that should fix them, so I may have to move to a different plugin :/
I'm looking into ways of fixing it still, but Pea if you do find any decent ones let me know. It might be more trouble that it's worth to fix this now.
~Longeye~

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #2109 on: April 12, 2012, 03:06:47 pm »
The vote has officially closed now, but please don't build it just yet! Keep an eye on the voting thread for more information!
~Longeye~

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #2110 on: April 14, 2012, 08:52:14 pm »
Hi guys,
If you've not seen there is project updates on the project thread!
I've also had to shut down the stargate plugin for a while, as it's getting silly with that error now and it's become unstable. I'll let you know when I can ggt it back, but for now there is MyWarp (/warp help) which works perfectly,. I've already created a warp at every location there was a gate.
~Longeye~

The Corsair

• Defective Inspector
  • Board Moderator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #2111 on: April 23, 2012, 05:14:43 am »
This has also been posted over in the 2G1M forum

I want to try and do a YouTube series in the Survival Games map (based off The Hunger Games)
The map can be found here:
http://www.olgh.net/the-survival-gam...for-minecraft/

The way it will be run is we will have 24 contestants and 1 host, as per the rules, making 25 in total.
A new YouTube channel will be set up for this which all the contestants will be able to upload to.

Each contestant will need recording software and must record from their perspective throughout the whole games. The host will not be required to record. Each contestant will edit and upload episodes from their perspective to the channel so a complete series can be made.

The players will not communicate during the games unless they meet face to face, in which case they may use the same teamspeak channel should they decide not to kill each other straight away and work together. This lack of communication will include the banning of in-game chat, otherwise some purpose is defeated.

Things we will need:
A server that can host the map with 25 people connected.
24 contestants with recording software and the ability to upload to YouTube
1 host
A YouTube channel that each contestant will be given the login details for
A time all of us can be on (no doubt this will require more than one sitting so we will arrange other playing times as we go)

Once you are dead, you will be removed from the server's whitelist and will be unable to view the games until videos have been uploaded.

So far we have 4 contestants penciled in (one of them being me) and a host.

Anyone in?
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

Dr. makebot

• Zeppelin Captain
« Reply #2112 on: April 23, 2012, 06:52:17 am »
depending on the when, this sounds like fun.
yes I am a mad scientist, now live with it.

walternator

• Gunner
« Reply #2113 on: April 23, 2012, 09:03:02 am »
If the earliest we would start is the 26th of May, then i would love to join, but if it's any earlier I've got exams  :(

-Walter-
Technically it didn't blow up...

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #2114 on: April 23, 2012, 10:04:35 am »
I'd like to give it a go, thought I'm afraid I'm having nothing to do with setting up a server ;)
~Longeye~

The Corsair

• Defective Inspector
  • Board Moderator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #2115 on: April 23, 2012, 10:18:42 am »
The earliest would be late may. Could I ask that you three make accounts on 2G1M.net as that's where the main discussion about it will be as far as planning and the like goes.

Also, Longeye, the server is quite possibly the most integral part... I wouldn't actually mind if we could 'rent out' the brass goggles server for the sessions given that it's there... Of course it's capacity os technically only 24 and we have no idea whether it could hold up at that capacity, but still...

If we can't use that then I'm gonna have one hell of a time finding a server given that I have no money for one...

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #2116 on: April 23, 2012, 10:21:25 am »
You were counting on me being able to do it? :P

If we do it after my exams (I think the first week of june) then I could have the time to make a temporary one (I'd assume that it wouldn't run for long)... however I'd say right now I'm not going to be able to pay a penny towards it, and I wouldn't use the BG server.... I'd set up a second server independently so it wouldn't interfere with BG people who don't want to do this... so you'd need to find a way of raising enough money ;)
~Longeye~

walternator

• Gunner
« Reply #2117 on: April 23, 2012, 12:04:36 pm »
The earliest would be late may. Could I ask that you three make accounts on 2G1M.net as that's where the main discussion about it will be as far as planning and the like goes.

Also, Longeye, the server is quite possibly the most integral part... I wouldn't actually mind if we could 'rent out' the brass goggles server for the sessions given that it's there... Of course it's capacity os technically only 24 and we have no idea whether it could hold up at that capacity, but still...

If we can't use that then I'm gonna have one hell of a time finding a server given that I have no money for one...

Firstly what's your username on 2g1m.net so i can make a reference to you, and secondly shall we put forward our names on 2g1m as well as here?

-Walter-

The Corsair

• Defective Inspector
  • Board Moderator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #2118 on: April 23, 2012, 12:27:56 pm »
Yeah, put your name forward on 2G1M. You don't have to reference me at all but my username is Pixie. Do mention you're from here though.

Manix

• Gunner
« Reply #2119 on: April 23, 2012, 04:01:41 pm »
As nice as it is to bring this to our attention I agree that this should be kept VERY separate from BG as...........

walternator

• Gunner
« Reply #2120 on: April 23, 2012, 05:08:30 pm »
Yeah, put your name forward on 2G1M. You don't have to reference me at all but my username is Pixie. Do mention you're from here though.

I've put my name forward on 2g1m and just in time by the looks of things. The reference was for who told me about 2g1m, so you never know you might get a promotion or something  ;)

-Walter-

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #2121 on: April 23, 2012, 06:25:41 pm »
As nice as it is to bring this to our attention I agree that this should be kept VERY separate from BG as...........

As?
~Longeye~

Screaming Lord Pea Green

• Snr. Officer
« Reply #2122 on: April 23, 2012, 07:09:30 pm »

As?
~Longeye~

As Longeye?

P.S. the dynamic map has bust a nut...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:12:53 pm by Screaming Lord Pea Green »

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #2123 on: April 23, 2012, 07:15:39 pm »
Yeah, I'm aware of the dynmap problem and its doing a full render now which should fix it. It might take a few hours though, there's a lot to render ;)
~Longeye~

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #2124 on: April 24, 2012, 05:18:29 pm »
The dynmap is working once again, btu you'll need to empty your browser cache to view it. This is a bug with this particular update. If you get an error about web files not matching version number; browser cache emptying!
~Longeye~