Author Topic: The Unofficial Brass Goggles Minecraft Server!  (Read 257803 times)

LukeHogbin

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • Steamcat
Re: The Brass Goggles Minecraft Server!
« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2011, 12:47:58 am »
Just letting all y'all know, the stargate "demon" is inside my current cave/house. Feel free to look around but please no stealing. :3
I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.

Manix

• Gunner
« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2011, 03:14:50 am »
Just letting all y'all know, the stargate "demon" is inside my current cave/house.

Care to explain that one?

Screaming Lord Pea Green

• Snr. Officer
  • Where the only wrong thought...is the right one.
    • Facebook - the Pea Green years.
« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2011, 03:28:04 am »
Just letting all y'all know, the stargate "demon" is inside my current cave/house.

maybe because his username on minecraft is demon?

Anywhom...Area 69 has a Stargate now, so YAY!!! Each day brings me another step towards finishing that place. I have 13 pieces of obsidian going spare...first come first serve.

On a rather sad note: Tried to set up a seperate network for another stargate (Area 69 to my Rapture-esque towah) but it wasn't having none of it :(
The Moral High Gound - A great place to position Artillery.

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #203 on: May 09, 2011, 08:54:06 am »
Well I might suggest rather than use a separate network for just a pair of gates, it might be easier to create both gates and lock them onto each other. The site explains what commands you use, and there is a more detailed post, but I don't know if you're able to create networks or not (I'll check now, if not I'll add the permission). That said, for just two gates going A->B or B->A it's not worth it creating a second network really :P
~Longeye~

The Corsair

• Defective Inspector
  • Board Moderator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #204 on: May 09, 2011, 09:18:17 am »
I'll not be on for a week or so
Excuse the gaping scar on the mountain where tge designer houses are
Has anyone claimed one yet?
Still here, just quieter

https://apothecary.press/

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #205 on: May 09, 2011, 09:23:59 am »
I have :D I think number three? The stone one. I love the views from it :D
~Longeye~

The Corsair

• Defective Inspector
  • Board Moderator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #206 on: May 09, 2011, 10:24:22 am »
The fancy window one? Those windows were terribly difficult to get right so I'm glad you like it :D

Gunner Gregson

• Snr. Officer
  • Hired Gun, Gunsmith
« Reply #207 on: May 09, 2011, 01:30:49 pm »
im curious what Texture Packs people are using on the BG Minecraft Server.
im using Glimmars Steampunk Texture Pack, and all my building is reflected as such.
im just curious because everything we do is going to look different, does the airship tower look like its made from iron girders for everyone?

Ananias S. Wildwire / GG
Ananias S. Wildwire at your service, for a price of course.

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2011, 01:56:17 pm »
Oui, I mostly use Glimmar's steam pack, though occasionally I trial others (obviously, thought I'm assembling my own slowly) and sometimes switch to the Metallic pack Glimmar has. I have also designed my stuff with it in mind, such as the steel and glass 'pagoda' type thing going to the D'Ni Caverns... it would look strange just having white-ish blocks.
What about everyone else?
~Longeye~

LukeHogbin

• Zeppelin Admiral
  • Steamcat
« Reply #209 on: May 09, 2011, 03:30:30 pm »

I apologise for being unclear. My username on Minecraft is Demon256. And the stargate is in that cavehouse thinger of mine cause I wanted to get to the spawn area and NOT get raped by a bunch of creepers that lurked around outside my door. xD

Admins, feel free to tear it down if it's in the way.

EDIT:

Regarding the texture pack... I use Visibility cause it makes playing the game much easier for me, with my eyesight being a mess and all that. (Left eye: -6.5, Right eye: -7.25)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 03:32:31 pm by LukeHogbin »

Screaming Lord Pea Green

• Snr. Officer
« Reply #210 on: May 09, 2011, 03:39:22 pm »
With regards to texture packs, I aint got any....that would require knowing how to have one, and as we all know, knowing may well be half the battle, but Booze eradicates knowledge :P

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #211 on: May 09, 2011, 03:47:46 pm »
If you want, Lord Pea, I'll give you a hand setting one up. PM me though, this isn't really the place for that :P
Same goes for anyone else!
~Longeye~

Manix

• Gunner
« Reply #212 on: May 10, 2011, 03:48:43 am »
Im just on 'Vanilla' as I have heard it referred to as and build as such. Stuff doesnt look as fancy which is probably why my stuff end up being big (hiding the lack of detail behind magnificence).

On another point Airship shed 01 is finished (located at flat lands - turn right out of the stargate and let it load, you cant miss it) and work is underway for the first of my airships. Feel free to have a mooch around, inside is well lit and fairly safe just make sure not to let any creepers in and try not to fall off the rafters.

steampowered

• Deck Hand
  • Smash it to bits, find out how it works.
« Reply #213 on: May 10, 2011, 07:07:58 am »
I will say, the building I've seen is amazing. Bravo all. I love the idea of rapture and I know it will look awesome when it's done.

I've tried to stay off the beaten path, so I can stay out of people's way, but if you run out to the resort you should see the airship parked in the water & skull mountain. All of the things I've built should be flammable, so if I've built anything in someone's way, feel free to remove it.

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #214 on: May 10, 2011, 09:30:06 am »
Well guys, it's coming along amazingly :D Seriously, this has well exceeded any expectation I had about the server! We've got a city, a HUGE mine, docks, harbours, castles, airships, submarines, resorts, designer houses, treehouses the side of forests (both of them!), caverns that go on for miles, actual watery ships... and now this damned Rapture! Seriously, you lot know how to build big impressive structures ;)
Thanks for keeping this going, and thanks for all your support with the server (and patience when it f***s up... repeatedly)!
I am going to mention that I have given myself (unwisely) a gigantic project to code in java, and it's taking me a lot longer than I had planned (and I planned LONG). For that reason I won't be active as much (I'll pop on when I can) but if you do have problems please do poke me with something. Most evenings (evening gmt) I'll have the server observation website open (so I know if things go wrong immediately) so you can usually give me a poke through that as well.
Again, well done on the buildings everyone and keep it up :D
~Longeye~

Sir Nikolas of Vendigroth

« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2011, 01:50:34 pm »
I just thought I'd leave this here:

Spoiler: ShowHide

Rapture from the top of my building. It looks like Manix's, Dansko's and Dr. Makebot's buildings are there, as well as the air bell, and the partially-completed park in the back.

The Corsair

• Defective Inspector
  • Board Moderator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #216 on: May 11, 2011, 10:03:10 pm »
I've decided to take a break from the designer stuff and instead make designer stuff in rapture. I'm going to be building an art gallery. The groundwork for it is just by the lava-reactor-thing.

Manix

• Gunner
« Reply #217 on: May 11, 2011, 10:15:16 pm »
Hey guys Ive made a little interactive challenge in the garden of the new Mansion feel free to have a go and post your score on the wall.

The idea is to wait untill nightfall and use the weapons and fire pads (youll understand when you get there) to kill as many mobs as possible points are awarded according to the rules on the wall at the back of the mansion.

The mansion is located in 'flatland' opposite the airship shed, go in the front door turn left, through the sitting room, through the smoking room and into the garden.

The Sammy

• Rogue Ætherlord
« Reply #218 on: May 12, 2011, 12:05:13 am »
With the addition of power plant, control room and communications room I've decided to personally work on building a library which will go somewhere and there are also plans to add a water plant. How much more do people want to build? Do we need to expand the hole a bit?
~Longeye~

EDIT
I have a vehicle mod installed (well should have when you read this,  I'm about to install it now) which is very complicated but very awesome. The upshot is you can build things and pilot them. I cannot explain it all, so here's the site!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 12:09:38 am by Augustus Longeye »

Screaming Lord Pea Green

• Snr. Officer
« Reply #219 on: May 12, 2011, 05:30:39 am »
Looks AMAZING! just seems to be a few lag issues with it looking at the forums...

walternator

• Gunner
« Reply #220 on: May 12, 2011, 06:28:00 am »
With the addition of power plant, control room and communications room I've decided to personally work on building a library which will go somewhere and there are also plans to add a water plant. How much more do people want to build? Do we need to expand the hole a bit?
~Longeye~

I'm planning on adding another dome the other side of the ship where Dr_Makebot has cleared an area, it will probably be a similar size to the last one (40 blocks in diameter)
Technically it didn't blow up...

Dr. makebot

• Zeppelin Captain
« Reply #221 on: May 12, 2011, 06:41:40 am »
Ok, I am going to make to hole bigger that it is at the moment because it needs to hold McManixes ship, so there will be tons of building space available.
secondly, walternator, do you mind if I use you second dome, when it is finished, to house a market?
because I plan to expand out from there to produce a farming district.
yes I am a mad scientist, now live with it.

The Corsair

• Defective Inspector
  • Board Moderator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #222 on: May 12, 2011, 09:01:01 am »
Ok guys can people please not build things (like skulls and airships) out in the bay that the resort looks out on because it completely destroys the purpose of something I spent a week building. I have taken down the 2 things out over the bay and will not hesitate to remove any other objects built there.

The Corsair

• Defective Inspector
  • Board Moderator
  • Zeppelin Admiral
« Reply #223 on: May 12, 2011, 09:37:39 am »
Also
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=120185&sid=618affa9868fe3cc97a3fbc4b304826f
Everything there is awesome (I have no idea if it's compatible though)

Screaming Lord Pea Green

• Snr. Officer
« Reply #224 on: May 12, 2011, 12:39:04 pm »
It seems a "Creeper temple" has popped up on our map, overnight I may add, much to my surprise. Upon further inspection, I was set upon by not one, not two, but 5 Creeper guards (fret not, I escaped unharmed). This led me to the conclusion that Creepers spawn nearby anything which marks a striking resemblence to themselves...McManix should beware if this is the case, his visage is constantly that of a Creepers...