The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 21, 2018, 09:11:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The reinventor: steampunk mythbuster  (Read 1380 times)
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« on: August 08, 2007, 12:56:58 am »

Take the mythbuster, only show '' archimede's steam cannon'' type episode and then you have the reinventor who test the wackiest invention of history including many 19th century's one.

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Jake of All Trades
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Brass addict, inventor, and scoundrel with a heart

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 06:41:03 am »

That, sir, is likely the best idea for a TV show I've ever heard!  You should really look into pitching it to someone from Discovery or something.  If it gets picked up, might I humbly suggest "the Two Jakes" as hosts?   Wink  With our rivalry and difference of methods, it would be just like Jamie and Adam--except there'd probably be more hurling of lightning, setting up of Goldbergian traps, and other such attempts at each other's lives...

In all seriousness, though, this is a wonderful idea.  Is anyone here familiar with the intricacies of television programming?  As Steampunk  gains popularity and more and more Mythbuster-esque shows pop up, I could really see "The Reinventor" becoming a reality.

"...it's a form of fiction, and as such, while there may be times when it's considered a worthy vehicle for pointing out some of society and individual flaws - I still want a side that will let there be lighthearted adventures in the clouds, on mars, or under the sea."
--Tinkergirl
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 09:36:08 pm »

errrr....actually...it do is a reality......

the show actually exist...

Lol
Jake of All Trades
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Brass addict, inventor, and scoundrel with a heart

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 06:38:14 am »

"The Reinventor" is a real show?  I'm confused Huh
Smaggers
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

You cannot mesmerize me...I'm British!

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 09:04:52 am »

My memory is a bit hazy but there has been a show similar to this in the UK.  They've built replicas of early (rowed) submarines, Leonardos diving suit and giant ballista, the first powered heavier than air craft.   

arrrgghh

can'trememberthenameofit.

"I should probably finish one project before taking on another, but the badger won't fit in the freezer." -Steamblast Mary

http://smaggers.deviantart.com/
http://www.bongofish.co.uk
Alderman Simeon
Snr. Officer

of Darlington, England

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 09:52:58 am »

can'trememberthenameofit.

"Secrets of Lost Empires"?

Contents under pressure.
Leyden jars not included.
May contain nuts and bolts.
Buford Mathias, Esq. FRS
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 10:24:34 am »

A small web-search yielded the result that there actually are two shows called "The Re-inventors" an English and a Canadian one. Both seem fascinating and both I sadly can't watch.

If you read this rather long and convoluted statement (and it is worthwhile, believe me) in the end you will find out (apart from the realization that I like overly long sentences but am severely limited by the maximal amount of characters allowed on signatures) that you have just lost
The Game.
Smaggers
Zeppelin Admiral

You cannot mesmerize me...I'm British!

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 03:18:12 pm »

That wasn't thew one I was thinking of but I'm going to have to watch that.
Supreme Martian Overlord
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 01:28:55 am »

I have the answer.
Youtube.
Disregard that buffoonery that is television and embrace the media of aetheric cable transferred individualism!

Strike a blow against the establishment and the company, we'll teach them to abandon Tesla on pathetic arguments of meterage!

Take it straight to the people who would enjoy it.

Step 1. Let each inventer obtain the appropriate camera equipment and recruit no more than 1 practical assistant and 1 camera person.

Step 2. Have a project determined via vote upon this forum.

Step 3. Determine a reasonable time limit within which the footage must be posted dependant on parts required and difficulty.

Step 4. Each gentleman or lady will then have to construct, test and display the device within this time limit. The construction, testing, success or failure should be documented.

Step 5. If the superiority of one device over another is not readily apparent it will be determined by vote of the members of the noble forum society.

Step 6. Repeat.

While the program would not have the budget of a tv show it would have the following:
* Greater prestige from doing it alone
* Survival of merit (it shall not be cancelled by variability of ratings nor advertiser take-up)
* Accessability to all those who are interested in viewing irrespective of networks
* Accessability of all who wish to enter restricted only by venture capitol in the costs of recording equipment and parts

My noble ladies and gentlemen, I propose that in the name of fair competition and honourable rivalry that we can do no better than to support this endeavour. Let our greatest each take up the gauntlet, each prepare to test the mettle of their little grey cells. Let us henceforth not question the notion but instead determine the details.

Can there be any reason to shirk this woundrous opportunity?
Is that a question worthy of even an consideration let alone an answer?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 01:36:48 am by Supreme Martian Overlord » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: