The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
July 23, 2017, 02:24:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: steampunk motorbike  (Read 2918 times)
rinty
Swab

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« on: March 30, 2011, 07:10:42 pm »

hi every1 im new to this steampunk thing. i just stumbled across it the other night. i think it looks awsome
iv been searching for somthing different to do to my bike and this is perfect.
iv got a honda crf 250 and im thinking of making it into a steampunk looking bike.
dose any1 have any ideas or has any1 built any steampunk bikes?
its not a vintage bike or anything but my idea is to make it look a bit vintage like a mad max looking thing with the frame coated in brass or copper and a few engine parts. so it will be mostly polished brass, copper and aluminium. black powercoated rims with copper spokes. ye get my drift.
any help or ideas would be much aprecated.

i could deffinatly get into this steampunk culture it looks awsome. some really cool photography and machinery. im keen to build some stuff.

Rinty.
bicyclebuilder
Zeppelin Overlord
Netherlands Netherlands

A.K.A. Scanner Camera Builder

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 10:04:35 am »

With some minor ajustments and a couple of hours of time, you can turn your bike into this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Grin
Just kidding.
So this what your bike looks like?
and this is what it would look like, stripped.
I guess you can start from the stripped version and work your way up from there. There are a couple of BrassGogglers working on a motorbike and there are quite a few threads for inspiration. I suggest to take a look around and ask some questions. Perhaps post some ideas, drawings and pictures for feedback.
Good luck with your project and welcome to Brass Goggles.

The best way to learn is by personal experience.
wrenchhead
Snr. Officer
Iraq Iraq

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 10:14:13 am »

Hey there. Welcome to BG. There are a few threads in here regarding SP bike & motorcycle builds, your best bet would be to go digging through the threads (particularly in Tactile) and see what you can find. I've linked a couple for you here:
steampunk yamaha motorcycle ideas
Steampunk Scooter
Your Steampunk, Pioneer, Vintage, Unicycles, Bicycles, Tricycles.....
-Jake
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:17:10 am by wrenchhead » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: