Oooo, 'The Great Brass Button Hunt'
Now that sounds like a fun event for an afternoon. Like an easter egg hunt, only Steampunked
£1 or so to enter, money goes to cover cost of all the buttons and the rest to the chosen charity. Marked out area and 5 mins to find as many buttons as you can. Winner gets a small set of pretty buttons to take home with them.
One for the coglings and any elders who are still young at heart
Happy to include this if people fancy it. Are you volunteering Kathy? Would be a good one for in the castle.
Certainly, depending on what else is going on I would think the area where the Tea Company held the court marshal would be a good place, near where we had the record attempt.
Perhaps have 1 hunt every half hour or so on the Saturday as I would guess that would be the time with most coglings in attendance (and, of course, adults would just HAVE to join in to set a good example to the children
EDITAncient and long held rules of the Great Brass Button Hunt
, circa 5 mins ago
1) Find the most buttons in 1 minute 23 seconds to win a prize (of buttons)
2) Only official buttons will count towards your total but feel free to slip others in to intimidate your opponents.
3) The art of button hiding is a sacred duty to be performed in secret by the Button Master. No peeking.
4) Spectators are encouraged to shout, wave their arms, point madly in random directions and otherwise confuse the competitors as much as possible.
5) Dispute over who found a button first to be settled by Tea Dueling. Please report to the location advertised in the event programme.
6) All buttons to be returned to the Button Master at the end of each hunt.