The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 21, 2019, 01:42:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam Heads in the Portland Oregon area  (Read 1893 times)
DaveBla
Swab

United States United States

Are you powered by steam?

« on: February 18, 2011, 08:21:11 am »

Just wondering if there are other steam heads like myself in the Portland Oregon area. There are so many projects I want to work on but they are too big for one man to tackle on his own (and a hella lot more fun with other like minded people).

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
it it by the beans of java that thoughts acquire speed,
the hands acquire shaking,
the shaking becomes a warning,
it is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Winter
Gunner

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 08:06:24 am »

give me about 6 months
SgtPepper
Gunner

Pooh pooh!

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 10:21:15 pm »

I'm moving up to Ashland, OR by September.  It's not super-close to Portland, but also not too far away.  (But you'd know better than I would.)  I know for a fact that the college up there (Southern Oregon University) has a steampunk club, so there are probably some people of like mind near you if you can find them.  Let me know when you do!  It'd be nice to make some friends before I actually go up there.
Oberst Steffen Crist
Deck Hand

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 04:36:07 am »

There are a couple of decent-sized groups in the PDX area: The Portland Steampunk Society, and the Rose City Steampunk group, Local 55.

I know there are other groups as well, these are the ones I'm familiar with.

The Portland Steampunk Society has a Facebook group, which is maintained by Sean O'Sirin. He'll be posting the next Steampunk outing, which will be at the Expo Center Antique Show this coming Sunday, March 6th.
We don our best Victorian/Edwardian outfits and spend the day cruising the Antique Show. Normally, we'll meet-up at Sean's place, hand out the $2 off entrance fee post cards to everyone who's going, and then head on down to the Expo Center.

The next event after this, is the Vampire Masked Ball, at the end of March. Not steampunk per se, but many of us will be doing Victorian-era outfits for that event. The Expo Show will be our last event to shop for vintage "bling" - a "must have" for any wardrobe.

Oberst Steffen Crist
Komandant, Der Fliegende Igel
Mrs. Sullivan
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 04:57:50 am »

Thank you for the mention, Oberst Crist!

Rose City Steampunks, Local 23 has regular monthly meetups - check our Yahoo group for updates & location.  Some of us are involved with PDX GEARCon, and we are planning on marching in the St. John's Parade again this year.  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rcsteam/

If you've got a contraption to show off, we'd love to have you march with us!  Heck, march with us anyway, contraption or not!

Regards,
Mrs. Sullivan
RCSPL23

I\\\'m in Darkshines\\\' Sewing Swap!
lolrobots
Deck Hand

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 08:46:02 am »

Thank you so much for this information. I was thoroughly ecstatic when I read it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: