The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 20, 2019, 09:14:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steamy Establishments in the San Diego area  (Read 574 times)
Birdnest
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« on: January 27, 2011, 08:00:22 pm »

Hi All ...

I'll be visiting the 'ol stomping grounds this weekend (helping with a move to SD). 

I'm curious as to if there are any groovy Steamy establishments in which to celebrate whatever may come to mind in the next day or so.  Preferably within walking distance from the trolley line.

I'm extremely familiar with downtown, and the beach areas (I'm originally from OB)

Thanks, and a good day to ya.

Onward ho!
Birdnest
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 08:28:59 pm »

Well ...

I've returned from SD and ran across a pretty cool gallery at 5th and J.  There are a few kinetic sculptures involving gears that are worthy of note.

Also ran across a few folk that may be found ... here!

Firstly, a gentleman on the trolley (around the same vintage as I) sporting a long gray goatee and a nice pocket watch.  I suspected him due to our little dance of "after, you ... no, after you!!"  (Sunday late afternoon 1/30)

Second was a delightful magician sporting a bowler ... we had quite a nice conversation and he treated us to some impressive card tricks.  Sunday evening 1/30

Third was an older gentleman in the Gaslamp area pushing a cart.  Very nice top hat with a band tied in a bow, and a very impressive monocle.  He did not seem too keen on interaction though.  Tuesday noon 2/1

If any here recognizes themselves, I was the tall guy with the frizzy gray hair and ponytail accompanied by the pretty girl of shorter stature (shot in the dark ... yup!)

Now that I have a valid reason to go to SD, maybe I'll run into more of ya  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: