The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 24, 2018, 01:36:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 58   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The New World  (Read 52384 times)
Rosalia
Gunner
United States United States

Professional Opheliac

MorbidVintage
« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2011, 07:30:31 am »

"Unless anyone knows the city better, we could meet at my friend's house. It's not far." She suggested.

"I AM THE CONFUSED MALE ALIEN IN THIS RELATIONSHIP!"
Arx Nimbus
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

I'll procrastinate later...

« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2011, 07:33:15 am »

"I think it might be more efficient if Fergus, you accompany Cenek with sabotaging the boiler since that seems to be your forte and I go about thieving the disguises considering that I've already got experience in that area." said Arx, as he gestured to his formal attire.

Two fish are in a tank. One says to the other, how do you drive this thing?
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2011, 07:36:53 am »

"I suppose I could help with finding the ship's logs and papers, I've gotten to know my way around the ship fairly well." Luke said.

~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2011, 07:37:34 am »

"Aye, I'll help with the boiler," Fergus agreed. "I used to keep Mister Gill's traction engine in repair, part o' me regular duties."

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2011, 07:39:16 am »

"if you can copy out addresses for us all that would be... capital."
the British phrase felt unfamiliar to him but he figured practice made perfect.

"who else will be joining me on taking the tugboat?"

I think I should also mention I had a dream about this game, only Bailey was a woman...

I assure you, that incident in Singapore was all a misunderstanding.
Vancouver Air Privateer
Zeppelin Admiral

Privateering off HMAS Landeythan

« Reply #205 on: January 28, 2011, 07:39:50 am »

"Mmm... if you have an address we could all find that." agrees Cenek. He looked around, before noticing the porthole curtains were a rather curious, if enticing, shade of darkest violet. He ripped one from the wall.

"Here - we can cut these into masks to conceal our identities during the actual event." he said. "It is a little... ostentatious, but it will pay off when we are actually in New York - our faces will not be known at all. As for other disguises to replace our clothing in New York. we should get those before the operation starts."

"As for teams - tugboat, boiler and documents. Arx and I will go with Fergus to deal with the boiler. Falko and Rosie can easily handle the tug - it will not be heavily guarded at all, but maybe one other should go with them. Julius or Alex - I think one of you should try to help Luke find out where the documents are kept and figure out how to destroy them. Let's get prep work - disguises and such... done now."

"Blessed be Science and her handmaiden Steam;
They make Utopia only half a dream."

"So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' "
Arx Nimbus
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

I'll procrastinate later...

« Reply #206 on: January 28, 2011, 07:56:41 am »

"I suppose I should be getting these disguises then... Is that all?" Arx said as he stood.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #207 on: January 28, 2011, 08:43:22 am »

"So it seems. Try to make the masks individual in some way so we can't be copied by any crewman with the ingenuity to cut a curtain of his own."
Augustus Longeye
Daedric Prince of Biscuits
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #208 on: January 28, 2011, 12:41:02 pm »

"I'll go with Luke, we should be able to get the logs in the captains room, the com room and possibly anything on the bridge..." Julius pondered, having listened attentively to the discussion. "However, personally my first stop is going to be the crew quarters to pick up a gun. I suggest anyone else who doesn't have one do the same, I doubt this group will hesitate to shoot us, and with masks on we will be quite anonymous. Does anyone have a problem with killing?"

Quote from: Sir Nikolas
I say you, chaps down there! Piss off, see? Haa ha! Love, Space Longeye <3
Rosalia
Gunner

Professional Opheliac

MorbidVintage
« Reply #209 on: January 28, 2011, 03:31:44 pm »

"As long as I don't have to do it," Rosie said, "Anyone who needs it is welcome to use my gun. I don't know how to shoot it anyway."
Augustus Longeye
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2011, 03:49:18 pm »

"Well madame, I thank you for the offer. Does anyone else need a gun? If not I may have to take you up on that but if someone else has need I can wait." Julius explained.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2011, 05:20:29 pm »

'Killing's nae my favorite passtime, but I can do it, and well, if need be." Fergus had had to kill many of the enemy. Some of his fellows had even said he was good at it, dubious praise though it was.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #212 on: January 28, 2011, 09:02:59 pm »

"I wouldn't mind one for the tug if I'm honest, it might be a little difficult to purely throw everyone overboard. So, we will capture the tugboat at 9 this evening. The other two teams need to rendezvous back in this cabin before making their way to the tugboat, which will be the foremost port-side tug. Is everyone clear on the plan? Do we have questions?"
Augustus Longeye
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #213 on: January 28, 2011, 09:11:20 pm »

"I do have one. What do we do if a passenger gets in our way. I know that I have no qualms about it but I can be bit of a heartless bastard (ooc; one without a father Tongue) and not everyone else can." Julius quietly asked.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #214 on: January 28, 2011, 09:27:49 pm »

"Passenger issues are subject to interpretation in my mind. You deal with them in whatever way is necessary and will not prevent us from meeting deadlines. Also, we will need 2 outfits each. One for the escape, and one to change into on the tug in order to be untraceable once onshore, can your team manage that?" He asked Arx.
Rosalia
Gunner

Professional Opheliac

MorbidVintage
« Reply #215 on: January 28, 2011, 09:33:06 pm »

"I think I can manage that, but when will I change?" She asked, blushing?
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #216 on: January 28, 2011, 09:55:01 pm »

"I'm sorry to say that practicality takes precedence over privacy tonight. It will be dark, and we can be looking the other way."
Rosalia
Gunner

Professional Opheliac

MorbidVintage
« Reply #217 on: January 28, 2011, 10:04:08 pm »

Rosie nodded, trying not to be embarrassed.

"What will happen if one team fails? How will the other know?" She asked.
Augustus Longeye
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #218 on: January 28, 2011, 10:20:10 pm »

"They'll know because the crew will be tipped off and most likely set off some alarms." Julius added, rather sarcastically.
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #219 on: January 28, 2011, 10:28:29 pm »

"That's a good idea actually. If a team is unable to complete their task, they must raise a false 'man overboard' alarm. If they are unable to do that, we will have to leave them behind. Though I doubt we will really have trouble with our set tasks, they seem to be nothing we haven't done similar things to in the past."
Man of Steam
Snr. Officer

« Reply #220 on: January 28, 2011, 11:38:50 pm »

"I can cause a distraction for the crew, distract some of them. That should draw them away from the boiler. After that I can slip away from them and head to the boat. As for killing..." he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small knife. "If I have to I will, just remember to hide the bodies if you can, we can't be found out."
Augustus Longeye
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #221 on: January 28, 2011, 11:58:57 pm »

"I like that... hell, if we need to we can throw an actual body overboard for realisms sake. No wait, I'm sorry that was a bit dark... Does anyone else have any ideas? If not it is getting late... we should start as soon as we can."
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #222 on: January 30, 2011, 01:48:50 am »

"I say we get going. The tugboats will be moving up to the ship to take tug ropes in about an hour and we need to get on board. One of us will act as spotter on the tug and as soon as you have all made it to the edge of the ship we will head over and pick you up."

He moved his hand to Rosie's and held it tightly for some reassurance. This could work. It had to work.

"The three of us will have to find our own clothing for the escape so that's three out of sixteen sets you won't need to find. You might want to put them into suitcases for easier transport. Shall we go?"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #223 on: January 30, 2011, 05:46:30 am »

" 'long's I keep me satchel 'n' tools, that's all I care about," Fergus said. He removed his coat from his right shoulder, then took the revolver, a medum-barrelled .454 Webley, from the satchel, and put his head and right shoulder through the loop end of the lanyard that was tied to the ring loop on the grip.

He put his coat back on, and buckled a holster onto his belt on the left side, and shoved the pistol into it, fastening the retaining strap over the hammer and to the side of the holster. The coat covered the holsterand gun, with only the lanyard showing, but not much, as it was the same dark color as his waistcoat. "Right."  He looked to Cenek, and said, "How much 'ave ye worked around steam engines?"
The Corsair
Defective Inspector
Zeppelin Admiral
New Zealand New Zealand

PixieOnTheMic
« Reply #224 on: January 30, 2011, 11:10:10 am »

They headed out of the cabin and began moving toward the location of the tug rope in preparation for their hijacking.

"Right, we'll have to find a place to hide until a minimum number of crewmen are around, however we can't wait too long or the tug will move off."

They stopped at a random cabin that was clearly empty and opened the door.

"We will have to choose some clothing here. Alex, we should change while Rosie waits outside and keeps watch somewhat, then swap so we all get necessary degrees of privacy."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 58   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: