The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 20, 2019, 11:11:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk Party and Shows at ChattaCon - Jan 21-23, 2011  (Read 2925 times)
Ex Libris
Officer
United States United States

Fine Automatons & Mechanical Assistants

« on: January 21, 2011, 04:01:15 am »

The Artifice Club (Atlanta), G.N.A.S.H (Nashville) and B.R.A.S.S (Birmingham). have joined forces with ChattaCon in Chattanooga Tennessee to present Steampunk events, shows and panels for the weekend of January 21-23, 2011!

On Friday, join us at 10:00 PM for "The Steampunk Soiree" on the 2nd floor of Building 3 for an intimate gathering of the finest sort.  Chemical mixes, music from Doctor Q, Steampunk surrounds and effects make the Steampunk Soiree the place to be on Friday night.

Saturday will feature SP panels during the day PLUS "The Steampunk Stroll: Garb and Gear Show" at 7:00 PM, followed by music, dance and entertainments in the Steampunk style, leading into the massive music and Tesla effects show from Arc Attack!  It's the place to be this weekend!

All events at the Historic Chattanooga Choo Choo in Chattanooga Tennesse....catch the train and join us!

Ex Libris
Erland Calwallader
Snr. Officer

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 05:05:53 pm »

I had a blast this weekend. I can not think of a better Steampunk venue. Chattanooga Choo Choo with the trains the rows of Gas lamps between the train cars. It was awesome to see people in their finest steam attire walking down the walkways. Arc attack was great! I am looking for next year!
Captain
Zeppelin Captain

The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 08:11:11 pm »

http://www.chattacon.org/

Please post pictures for those of us unable to make the trip. 

-Karl
Captain Lyerly
Zeppelin Overlord
Ukraine Ukraine

At the helm of the Frumious Bandersnatch

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 04:50:53 pm »

La Contessa and I should be there.  She is usually in charge of the camera, but is there anything in particular you would prefer?

Looking forward to this - we were at Chattacon two years ago, but only briefly due to illness; so this will essentially be the first Chattacon I have attended in 25 years.

Cheers!

Chas.

Captain Sir Charles A. Lyerly, O.B.T.
Soldier of Fortune and Gentleman Adventurer
wire: captain_lyerly, at wire office "Yahoo dot Qom"

"You'd think he'd learn."
"Heh! De best minions neffer do!"
Captain
Zeppelin Captain

The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 06:57:13 pm »

Georg

If you happen to catch pictures (not taken at a police line up) of Georg, Pooka, Brennus, Lisa, or any of my other old friends and cohorts in crime benevolent educational activities if they happen to be there that would be great.  Please chastise them all for not visiting.  Have fun. 
Wilhelmina Frame
Zeppelin Captain

ptliontamer
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 07:40:52 am »

Steampunk Chronicle is hosting the events this year! I will post the final schedule shortly.

Part Time Lion Tamer
Editrix de Mode, Steampunk Chronicle
Founder, American Tea Duelling Society
Captain Lyerly
Zeppelin Overlord
Ukraine Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 06:43:59 pm »

There was a very good article on Chattacon and some other regional cons in today's News-Free Press.

Actually quite supportive, instead of the smarmy tongue-in-cheek stuff we usually see.

Cheers!

Chas.
Wilhelmina Frame
Zeppelin Captain

ptliontamer
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 03:32:00 pm »

Steampunk highlights here:

http://www.steampunkchronicle.com/ArticleView/tabid/238/ArticleId/172/Steampunk-Chronicle-Sponsors-Steampunk-Track-Events-at-CHATTACON.aspx

I'll be on the panel at 1pm, hosting the fashion show and out and about on Saturday.
Captain Lyerly
Zeppelin Overlord
Ukraine Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 03:09:03 am »

Really looking forward to this now. 

Oh, for those who will be attending, there is an "English Tea Room" right across Market Street from the hotel.  I highly recommend it - crumpets and scones, and they really know how to make a cuppa.  PG Tips is the house brew, I believe.

Cheers!

Chas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: