The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 16, 2019, 01:27:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A day in Ipswich, Saturday 19th February  (Read 10742 times)
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2011, 06:25:03 am »

One hour down the road from me how could i resist count me in!

Have not been to that museum in a very long time. ^_^

Can I have a plus one too, my partner in crime would love accompany me also?

Thanks

MillieFinn

My Dear Mme Von Herts,
Of coarse you can bring a plus one, Just so long as I have a head count for booking the resturant.
I shall put you down as a Yes for the Mariners and The museum, but it would help me with the "book keeping" if you could let me know if you are planning to attend Ghostfire in the evening, and the various pubs. (I know that I am being a bit obsessive, but it helps me to keep the numbers straight) Do not feel that a statement here is binding, it is just to keep trackof numbers.
Angus A Fitziron
Zeppelin Overlord

Research Air Ship R.A.S. 'Saorsa'

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2011, 07:01:32 pm »

Ah yes, the dress code.

Mr Fitziron, I don't believe these rules are in place to discourage one such as yourself. If you do wish to attend, I'm sure as you'll be with the rest of us there'll be no problem.

Thank you Argus - I don't feel discouraged by having a dresscode - I would not think of turning up in what I think they describe as 'street clothes' although I do own a 'hoodie' or three! It is more the implication of the crowd that they are hoping to attract that puts me off (present company accepted). Please don't feel I am being snooty - I do clubs as both me and my son are keen music fans and I play guitar myself - but I have to be selective both because of costs and because I have tinitus which is quite a handicap when you do sound engineering, so I limit my exposure to places I really want to be at. As I said, I will find an opportunity to see Ghostfire in the near future, hopefully in a more fully embracing Steampunk environment. There is also the consideration of train times, last one is 11:30 which could mean missing part of the gig anyway and gets me back to Colchester after the last bus (trains a no brainer for an old git like me - return ticket less than a fiver!)

Thank you for your concern Argus, I look forward to meeting you at Ipswich.

ffitz

Airship Artificer, part-time romantik and amateur Natural Philosopher

"wee all here are much troubled with the loss of poor Thompson & Sutton"
AndiiV
Zeppelin Captain

@andii_valo
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2011, 11:24:33 pm »

Just to re-iterate, our stage time had been brought forward from 11.15pm to 10pm - to take into account those who have to get last trains etc.

Argus Fairbrass
Rogue Ætherlord
England England

So English even the English don't get it!

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2011, 01:26:20 am »

Ah yes, the dress code.

Mr Fitziron, I don't believe these rules are in place to discourage one such as yourself. If you do wish to attend, I'm sure as you'll be with the rest of us there'll be no problem.

Thank you Argus - I don't feel discouraged by having a dresscode - I would not think of turning up in what I think they describe as 'street clothes' although I do own a 'hoodie' or three! It is more the implication of the crowd that they are hoping to attract that puts me off (present company accepted). Please don't feel I am being snooty - I do clubs as both me and my son are keen music fans and I play guitar myself - but I have to be selective both because of costs and because I have tinitus which is quite a handicap when you do sound engineering, so I limit my exposure to places I really want to be at. As I said, I will find an opportunity to see Ghostfire in the near future, hopefully in a more fully embracing Steampunk environment. There is also the consideration of train times, last one is 11:30 which could mean missing part of the gig anyway and gets me back to Colchester after the last bus (trains a no brainer for an old git like me - return ticket less than a fiver!)

Thank you for your concern Argus, I look forward to meeting you at Ipswich.

ffitz

I quite understand Sir. I haven't been to an event of this nature for about 6 years myself. And tbh, probably wouldn't be considering it if I didn't live here. Although I'm sure Ghostfire will make it all worthwhile (no pressure there Andii haha). I'm intrigued as to how they feel they can afford to be this exclusive though. Ipswich didn't exactly have a burgeoning goth or cyber scene the last time I looked, so I guess they're importing them in from out of town!

Colour me highly curious (in black of course  Grin)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 01:31:06 am by Argus Fairbrass » Logged

Have her steamed and brought to my tent!
AndiiV
Zeppelin Captain

@andii_valo
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2011, 03:14:22 am »

It was presented to us as a new alternative club - which takes in a hell of a lot of subcultures in my opinion. Goth and/or cyber is quite exclusive as you say. The Corn Exchange is a big venue (900 capacity) and it makes little sense to potentially put people off on account of dress or musical taste. As a band we want to reach as many types of audience as possible but well, we'll see, I guess.
Argus Fairbrass
Rogue Ætherlord
England England

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2011, 04:30:12 am »

Well to be fair to them they are playing other kinds of music. And actually I can find no evidence of the furore I was told about on FB, so it's probably just a storm in a teacup (smalltown  Roll Eyes)

The attendance list looks healthy enough and I know other people not on there who are also coming.

I'm sure you can expect a warm reception  Smiley

diamantequeen
Officer

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2011, 01:54:19 pm »

I've spoken to my friend who played at the last one and he said the dress code was just no trackkies etc. to keep undesirables out, also said it's a great venue Smiley
MillicentFinnVonHerts
Gunner

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2011, 02:16:48 pm »

Mr. Addams
I understand the need for planning Smiley
I think i will only be able to attend the afternoon activities due to plans in the evening, could you inform me of times as well, i am quite one for organisation too Smiley

Thanks muchly

MillieFinn
Captain Sal
Swab

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2011, 08:55:35 pm »

Greetings chaps!

I'm a newbie on here but I just thought I would say that I live in Ipswich and would be happy to help with any info that you need prior to yout visit! I will be attending Incarnate and will be looking out for you around town - its about time we had some Steampunkery in Ipswich!!

All the best!  Wink

Captain Sal of the fine (if a little dusty) Airship Endeavour
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2011, 09:42:55 pm »

Thank You Captain sal,
At this stage, most of the planning is out of the way. You are welcome to join us, The itinery is listed higher up the page, or on the League of Essextraordinary gentlemen website.
Whilst it would help if you were to let me know which parts of the day you intend to take part in, I only ask that you tell me if you want to join us at the Mariners Resturant, so that I can book the table.
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2011, 01:22:58 pm »

Mr. Addams
I understand the need for planning Smiley
I think i will only be able to attend the afternoon activities due to plans in the evening, could you inform me of times as well, i am quite one for organisation too Smiley

Thanks muchly

MillieFinn

This Topic is greowing so fast, that a lot of the detais are getting lost in the mass of messages.
I have copied the Itinery into the first message of this topic, and again below.
I presently have you and your plus one listed for the meal, and for the museum. Do you know if you will be able to join us at the Steamboat Tavern for the foregathering, or the Cricketers after the Museum closes?

Proposed itinery for the day.

From 11.00am Gather at the Steamboat Tavern. (or go directly to the Resturant at 12:30pm)

12.30pm Proceed to the Mariners Resturant.

AFTER MEAL, Walk to the Ipswich Museum.

5.00pm Libations, and a light supper at the Cricketers pub.

Between 8.00pm & 9.30pm, Set off to Club Incarnate in time for Ghostfire live performance.

Latest Attendance list.
NAME                STEAMBOAT  MARINERS   MUSEUM     CRICKETERS
Mr Addams         Yes               Yes           Yes            Yes             
Calliope HD         Yes               Yes           Yes            Yes             
Ambrose Booth    Yes               Yes           Yes            Yes             
Rockula              Yes               Yes          Yes             No               
The Witch          Yes               Yes          Yes             No               
Lady DeWarren    No                Yes           Yes            Yes             
Greg (P.D.C.)      No                Yes           Yes             Yes             
Mark                  ?                  Yes           Yes            ?                 
Jen                    ?                  Yes           Yes            ?                 
Abbi                   ?                  Yes           Yes            Yes             
+2                     ?                  Yes           Yes            Yes                             
A Fairbrass          No                Yes           Yes            Yes             
OhNoItsDee         Yes               Yes           Yes            Yes                 
Angus A Fitziron   Yes               Yes           Yes            Yes                             
M F Von Herts      Yes               Yes           Yes            No               
+1                     Yes               Yes           Yes            No               
Hornspoon           Yes               Yes           Yes            Yes

Tickets for Ghostfire at Club Incarnate, are available online for £10:00 advance price (£15.00 on the door.) at the Club Incarnate Website.
And from the Absolution Clothing Website,

So far, we are 18 for the Meal.
If you can help me by fiiling in the remaining question marks, I would greatly appreciate it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 10:32:14 pm by Mr Addams » Logged
Captain Sal
Swab

« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2011, 04:16:29 pm »

Good Afternoon Mr Addams!

Its very kind of you to invite me, however I have prior engagements during the day and will be unable to attend the lunch. On the plus side, I hope to see some of you at Incarnate or in a pub beforehand - perhaps the Cricketers...I'll keep an eye on the forum for any changes!

I would have offered help earlier but have only recently been notified of your visit!

All the best,

Captain Sal  Grin
MillicentFinnVonHerts
Gunner

« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2011, 06:22:53 pm »

Yes to the Steamboat tavern
No to the criketers Smiley

MillieFinn
Angus A Fitziron
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2011, 09:45:18 pm »

No to the criketers Smiley

MillieFinn

Krikkiters?
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2011, 11:12:56 pm »

Mr. Addams,
 we TWO confirm that we will be attending the meal as per previously stated but as we will be meeting friends at The Steamboat in the evening (and there are a couple of bands playing for £2) we'll probably be parting after the museum visit and returning there rather than going on to The Cricketers.

Then again it depends. Grin

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
MillicentFinnVonHerts
Gunner

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2011, 07:55:33 pm »

Sorry...

no to The Cricketers.

My bad typing strikes again XD

Angus A Fitziron
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2011, 12:34:09 am »

Sorry...

no to The Cricketers.

My bad typing strikes again XD

Phew! thank goodness for that...
Malcom Kane
Snr. Officer
United States United States

« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2011, 01:18:05 am »

Damm wrong Ipswish..... Cry

To Break the Chains,
To Shatter the Walls,
To Wake the Sleepers.
Argus Fairbrass
Rogue Ætherlord
England England

« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2011, 01:49:20 am »

Sorry old chap, there are a fair few dotted about the globe!  Cheesy
AndiiV
Zeppelin Captain

@andii_valo
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2011, 10:45:05 pm »

I've just had an email from the organisers of the gig saying it's been cancelled. Something to do with excessive council charges for using the Corn Exchange but, whatever the reasons, Ghostfire ain't playing. Rather annoying given we've just spent three weeks getting a temporary bass player up to speed - could have saved ourselves a lot of time and money there...

Apparently they've found another venue to host the club on a temporary basis and they've offered us a gig in April, but I think we'll wait and see how things go.
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2011, 11:27:52 pm »

I've just had an email from the organisers of the gig saying it's been cancelled. Something to do with excessive council charges for using the Corn Exchange but, whatever the reasons, Ghostfire ain't playing. Rather annoying given we've just spent three weeks getting a temporary bass player up to speed - could have saved ourselves a lot of time and money there...

Apparently they've found another venue to host the club on a temporary basis and they've offered us a gig in April, but I think we'll wait and see how things go.

Nice of them to e.mail you but....THE WEBSITE IS THE SAME AND DOESN'T MENTION ANY CANCELLATION!

Hope they get their act together before people buy tickets, book hotels and....oh...too late.
AndiiV
Zeppelin Captain

@andii_valo
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2011, 11:28:40 pm »

They're making the official announcement tomorrow but I thought I should let you guys know asap.
Argus Fairbrass
Rogue Ætherlord
England England

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2011, 11:46:45 pm »

Huh Angry Sad Undecided Embarrassed Cry
drusilla
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2011, 06:02:46 pm »

As you are aware February Incarnate have been cancelled this is due to the excessive charges of 5k being imposed on us before we can access the venue by the owners of the corn exchange. It is with great regret but we have no option but to cease using the Corn Exchange.

We have found a temporary home but are unfortunately restricted by times and numbers. We aim to continue to put on the same quality bands and dj's that we had been using.

For those that have bought tickets in advance we will obviously refund. These people will be contacted personally. We are truly sorry for any problems caused but please believe me it was not our intention to pull this event but we felt we had to due to a lack of advance ticket sales and the huge fees. Embarrassed Cry
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2011, 10:03:18 pm »

As 'The Witch' and I were not going to the Corn Exchange the cancellation has not 'caused us any problem. We were booked in at a hotel but were going to spend the evening at the Steamboat anyway.
 If anybody who WAS going to the Corn Exchange has booked rooms and are not enclined to cancel I have had a look at what else is going on that night in terms of 'live' music.

Steamboat - The Blackout Bombs (Rockabilly) and Fisticuffs (New Wave 'covers' band)

The Railway - Greenish Day (Tribute band)

The Royal Oak - Harlot (Female fronted rock 'covers' band)

Just in case anybody was wondering.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: