The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 17, 2019, 02:25:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A day in Ipswich, Saturday 19th February  (Read 10745 times)
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 09:02:47 pm »

Tiketing Details now corrected.
And thanks AndiiV for posting the flyer. You saved me a job. Smiley
Argus Fairbrass
Rogue Ætherlord
England England

So English even the English don't get it!

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2011, 12:11:39 am »

Chaps,

We now have a stage time for Ghostfire. We're on at 10pm. I got this changed from 11.15pm because I thought it was too late for you guys, and probably for us as well. This will obviously affect your early evening plans, but I think it's a more manageable time all round.

Mr Addams has already posted the relevant website details for ticketing, and they've been updated now to reflect the Feb 19th event.

Actually, if the pub you choose is not too far from the venue we might well join you for some drinks, since we'll have a LOT of time to kill on the day.

In that case Andii I would recommend visiting McGintys (if you haven't already) as you may want to check out the Blue Room for possible future gigs. The Swan and The Steamboat also have live bands, but they are kind of cramped, whereas The blue room is a dedicated live music room.

http://www.myspace.com/pjmcginty/photos/7184497#{%22ImageId%22%3A8178695}

« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 12:14:04 am by Argus Fairbrass » Logged

Have her steamed and brought to my tent!
Ambrose Booth
Deck Hand

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 09:34:06 am »

Tickets to Club Incarnate bought, hotel booked, steampunk paraphernalia foraging well advanced, and found some great metal welding goggles to modify on Ebay .... all looking good for 19th February!
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 12:57:57 pm »

I have been looking for a suitable pub to visit before going on to the Club Incarnate in the evening.
The requirements are for a place that serves food on a Saturday evening, but is not too expensive.
This leaves us with a very limited choice. I spent much of yesterday evening calling various pubs, and compairing the online reviews.
I think that our best bet is one of the two Witherspoons pubs in Ipswich. Either the Witherspoons, or The Cricketers.

Both pubs get a good raiting for the beer, at a very reasonable price. The Witherspoons gets a poor rating for the quality of the food, and the Cricketers gets a poor rating for the service.
Given that we are in no hurry, I think that The Cricketers would be the best choice. It is less than 5 minutes walk from the museum, and only 8 minutes from the Corn Exchange.

If nothing else, it looks the part.

And we can always move on to a different pub after we have eaten.

Sadly, the Steamboat is too far from the Corn Exchange to make it a practical choice for an evening retreat.
However it is relativly close to the Mariners, so it may well be a good place to meet up before proceeding to the resturant.
Calliope Hawthorn Dove
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 03:01:32 pm »

Cricketers seems fine.  But we may or may not be joining you at the pub, depending on how I am coping physically.  If we do, we will be with you for meal and work out the timing for a breather and costume change at the hotel either prior to when group wishes to eat or after.  In other words to be decided on the day.

While I am at it,  I believe Ambrose discovered there are changing facilities at the Corn Exhange is anyone is so inclined.

What does one usually converse about at these gatherings?  So new to this.
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 07:00:39 pm »

Well, It looks like we now have an itinery of sorts.

From 11.00am Gather at the Steamboat Tavern. (or go directly to the Resturant at 12:30pm)

12.30pm Proceed to the Mariners Resturant.

AFTER MEAL, Walk to the Ipswich Museum.

5.00pm Libations, and a light supper at the Cricketers pub.

Between 8.00pm & 9.30pm, Set off to Club Incarnate in time for Ghostfire live performance.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:45:12 pm by Mr Addams » Logged
AndiiV
Zeppelin Captain

@andii_valo
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2011, 11:28:44 pm »

We're on at 10pm chaps, so walk briskly!!

Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 11:48:53 pm »

Point Taken, I have corrected the Itinery.
I was trying to say that we would be aiming to arrive at the corn exchange some time between the doors opening at 8:00pm and yourselves taking to the stage at 10:00. Grin
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 02:29:13 pm »

I have submitted this Gathering to the British Steampunk Community Facebook page. for inclusion in the events section.
Because there was too much information to post in a facebook comment, I have created a webpage for this event.
This is part of the League of Essextraordinary Gentlemen website that I have created using google apps.

This is still very much a work in progress, not least because working with the new Google Sites software is an experience not unlike slamming ones face repeatedly into a beutifully polished slab of granite.
Not least, because what I can see as a google subscriber is not always the asme as a member of the public sees wiewing the same page. I would be greatful if someone could take a look at the Ipswich Day out Page, and tell me if the pins appear in the mapat the bottom of the page.
Calliope Hawthorn Dove
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2011, 02:42:11 pm »

Following your link (webpage for this event) there are pins for the venues on the google map...

However going to the link for your home page (League of Essextraordinary Gentlemen website) does not have a link to the Ipswich day out page.  In fact it looks like I am seeing the editor's view as there is a box at the bottom that says you must be logged in to add gadgets visible only to you.  This is a link to set up a google website account.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 02:49:53 pm by Calliope Hawthorn Dove » Logged
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2011, 02:59:55 pm »

Thank You Calliope, However I was asking specifically about the map on the Ipswich Day Out Page.
At the bottom of the page, there is a Google Map. Above the map, there is a key describing the different couloured pins, and what they reprisent.
What I want to know is, do the pins descibed in the key, appear on the map?
Sir A Poiselamppe
Zeppelin Overlord

Inventor of the Homing Battenburgram

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2011, 03:49:21 pm »

After a bit of a fight with Farcebook,  I have managed to create an event on the BSC page

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=146521052071115   

Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2011, 05:05:29 pm »

Why Thank you Sir Angus, Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Calliope Hawthorn Dove
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2011, 05:25:45 pm »

Yes!  The coloured pins are appearing at appropriate places on the map as is the knife/fork symbol for Mariner's.
Lady DeWarren
Deck Hand

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2011, 09:04:46 pm »

Hi Mr Adams - we will be attending the resturant for lunch and will meet you at 12.30- still to purchase evening entertainment tickets though.   Glad they are on at 10pm, as any later and I will want to be in me bed!
Sounds like its going to be a good do !!

Lady Caroline and the pox doctors clerk !
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2011, 10:58:25 am »

The Time has come to start counting heads.
Below is a list of the attendance as I see it so far, please can you help me correct any mistakes, and fill in any question marks, by letting me know your plans.

NAME                STEAMBOAT  MARINERS   MUSEUM     CRICKETERS
Mr Addams         Yes               Yes           Yes            Yes             
Calliope HD         Yes               Yes           Yes            Yes             
Ambrose Booth    Yes               Yes           Yes            Yes             
Rockula              Yes               Yes          Yes             No               
The Witch          Yes               Yes          Yes             No               
Lady DeWarren    No                Yes           Yes            Yes             
Greg (P.D.C.)      No                Yes           Yes             Yes             
Mark                  ?                  Yes           Yes            ?                 
Jen                    ?                  Yes           Yes            ?                 
Abbi                   ?                  Yes           Yes            Yes             
+2                     ?                  Yes           Yes            Yes                             
A Fairbrass          No                Yes           Yes            Yes             
OhNoItsDee         Yes               Yes           Yes            Yes                 
Angus A Fitziron   Yes               Yes           Yes            Yes                             
M F Von Herts      Yes               Yes           Yes            No               
+1                     Yes               Yes           Yes            No               
Hornspoon           Yes               Yes           Yes            Yes

The Question marks are Unknown, so please let me know Yes or No (or Maybe) if you are planning to attend this part of the day.
I shall be updating this list as I get more information.
Thanks for your Help.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 10:30:49 pm by Mr Addams » Logged
Angus A Fitziron
Zeppelin Overlord

Research Air Ship R.A.S. 'Saorsa'

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2011, 12:45:44 pm »

It's in my diary Mr.Addams. I would be delighted to meet up at The Steamboat, adjourn to the Mariners for luncheon, spending the afternoon at The Museum and then retire to The Cricketers for light refreshment. Sadly, although I would love to see Ghostfire and have promised myself to fulfill that wish some day, it would seem to me that Club Incarnate is just a step too far for me at the moment, judging by the dress code!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 05:00:09 pm by Angus A Fitziron » Logged

Airship Artificer, part-time romantik and amateur Natural Philosopher

"wee all here are much troubled with the loss of poor Thompson & Sutton"
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2011, 04:27:30 pm »

It's in my diary Mr.Addams. I would be delighted to meet up at The Steamboat, adjourn to the Maroiners for luncheon, spending the afternoon at The Museum and then retire to The Cricketers for light refreshment. Sadly, although I would love to see Ghostfire and have promised myself to fulfill that wish some day, it would seem to me that Club Incarnate is just a step too far for me at the moment, judging by the dress code!

There's a DRESS code? Didn't spot that.

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2011, 04:35:25 pm »

I Did ask about the Dress Code, and I have been assured that even though it is not listed, Steampunk/Victorian Garb will be allowed in.
Argus Fairbrass
Rogue Ætherlord
England England

So English even the English don't get it!

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2011, 06:57:50 pm »

Ah yes, the dress code.

Proving to be a bit of a bone of contention on Facebook apparently. This is in fact the second one (I thought it was the first) The problem seems to be that apart from the more usual ball cap and trainers, they also have a policy against band t-shirts. This has caused a bit of a row as that's part of the uniform of many an alt type (for want of a better word) around here.

I understand there are elements they are not wanting to attract, but I personally feel that a £15 entrance fee will more than suffice in discouraging all but the faithful as it is. When I asked a young friend of mine recently if she was attending, she told me a great many people who I would normally expect to see at an event of this type were not, as they didn't feel they were welcome.

Still it's their night not mine. I shall certainly go to this one, but whether I'll make a habit of it is doubtful.

Mr Fitziron, I don't believe these rules are in place to discourage one such as yourself. If you do wish to attend, I'm sure as you'll be with the rest of us there'll be no problem.

I'm intending to meet you at the restraunt Mr Addams. It's going to be quite a full day and 11am is a little early for me to be hitting the sauce  Grin
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2011, 08:15:16 pm »

NAME       STEAMBOAT  MARINERS   MUSEUM  CRICKETERS  GHOSTFIRE
Rockula      Yes                Yes          Yes            ?            No
The Witch  Yes                 Yes          Yes           ?             No

We will be joining you for the early parts of the day but we're not up for the evening. I love Ghostfire but I'm not paying £15 a head for a Goth club night. We'll see them again at another gig.

Mr Addams
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2011, 08:38:34 pm »

It is ten pounds (Plus postage) if you buy online from the Club Incarnate Website. or the Absolution Clothing Website,
MillicentFinnVonHerts
Gunner

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2011, 10:48:56 pm »

One hour down the road from me how could i resist count me in!

Have not been to that museum in a very long time. ^_^

Can I have a plus one too, my partner in crime would love accompany me also?

Thanks

MillieFinn
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2011, 10:51:46 pm »

It is ten pounds (Plus postage) if you buy online from the Club Incarnate Website. or the Absolution Clothing Website,

Thank you but, ahem, it's still a Goth club. I doubt I will find much there OTHER than Ghostfire to my tastes. Wink

We will probably book a hotel anyway and meet some of our local friends at the Steamboat.
Count Rostov
Officer

count_rostov
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2011, 12:43:04 am »

Unfortunately, I have discovered that I have a diary clash and will be performing/educating the public at Kettering museum during the day. I may make it to the Ghostfire gig however (I am currently living just North of Ipswich).

It's a bothersome shame - as it's right on my (current) doorstep.

"The formula 'Two and two make five' is not without its attractions."
- Dostoevsky
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: