The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 18, 2019, 10:01:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seattle?  (Read 799 times)
Elisa Johnstone
Gunner
United States United States

Meleus flecti quam frangi.

« on: December 31, 2010, 09:32:01 pm »

From time to time I am able to leave Alaska to travel to the (comparatively) sunny Seattle area.  Is there a website or other location I check check to see if anything Steampunk happens to be scheduled for those times?

I hear people mention the Seattle Steampunk community from time to time.  Is that an organized group of folks who get together?

The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving. ~ United States Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Lady Corsair
Zeppelin Captain

Professed cook

LiLati
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 11:16:58 pm »

There is a group called the Seattle Steamrats, and they have a google group.  The website of theirs isn't updated, so it's not a great resource.  Better to send an email to the group.  Smiley

They have a weekly meeting on Mondays, at Chocolati Greenwood and the Jewel Box Cafe in Northgate. 

There is also an Exhibition Ball, though I'm not sure when.  Spring, I believe, but I don't know the exact date.

Do you smile to tempt a lover? Or is this your way to hide a broken heart?
Many dreams have been brought to your doorstep; they just lie there and they die there.
SoulScream
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

Mistress Of Black Steam

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 08:43:36 pm »

The Steampunk Exhibition Ball in Seattle will actually be held on January 22nd, and more details can be obtained from their website.
I already have my ticket and will be in attendance, visiting from Vancouver, B.C.
 Smiley

Putting the "punk" into Steampunk.
Steampunk Exhibition Ball
Swab

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 08:53:35 am »

Our website doesn't show it yet, but we've just announced our performers for this year's Steampunk Exhibition Ball.  I'm happy to share that Miss Mamie Lavona, the Exotic Mulatto and her White Boy Band will take the mainstage. In addition, the burlesque lineup includes Jacqueline Hyde, Lulu Bell, Bitsy Rini, Jesse Belle Jones, and La Petite Mort. Entertainers returning from last year are belly dancers Copper Clock, Toy Box Trio, and Professor Dietrich’s Hall of Wonders. There will also be an absinthe bar, waltzing ballroom, and tea room.

We also want to invite all of our attendees to join in on our steampunk competitions!  This year, the Ball showcases the Beard & Moustache Competition as well as the Fabulous Hat Competition. Three categories for each will be decided by judges while Ball goers will pick the crowd favorite awards!

Fabulous Hat Categories:
* Most Fetching Hat: loveliest and aesthetically pleasing
* Into the Aether: most defying of the laws of physics
* Best Design for Mechanical Utility : engineered for function
* Greatest Steampunk Hat: crowd favorite

Beard & Moustache Categories:
* Genuine Beard or Moustache of the Most Impressive Grandeur: naturally grown and styled for impressive appearance or size
* Best Augmentation: real hair or artificial; ribbons, gears and dynamos are all highly encouraged!
* Most Splendid Incorporation into the Overall Artistic Vision of Manly Steampunkery: best compliments the outfit for overall steampunk look
* Greatest Steampunk Beard or Moustache: crowd favorite

Tickets on sale through Brown Paper Tickets: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/131363

Sepiachord
Zeppelin Admiral
Vatican City State Vatican City State

Time Traveling Ethno-Musicologist

sepiachord
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 04:09:55 pm »

I love Miss Mamie!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: