The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 29, 2020, 03:49:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk Kingston?  (Read 3198 times)
Shikua
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

Shikua
« on: October 28, 2010, 03:12:32 am »

Are there any fellow steampunkers that live in Kingston, Ontario? I'm a newb when it comes to it, so I was hoping to find a mentor who is a little more experienced to help me with prop designing and costuming.
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 10:00:11 pm »

Hello Shikua!  Welcome!

I don't believe there is a group in Kingston at present, however, I do know of a few of steampunks there.

Your closest group would be in Ottawa  http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,14185.0.html

There is also a group page here for Steampunk Canada as well.

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,21884.0.html

You can also find many groups and others closer to you on the Steampunk Canada website.

http://steampunkcanada.ca/

There are links to all the local groups on the website. 

If you have any questions, be sure to ask away!

Proud to be a Canadian Steampunk
Nebutron
Gunner
United States United States

Gravatar

Mrs. Frye

nebutron
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 09:53:34 pm »

Are there any fellow steampunkers that live in Kingston, Ontario?
I'm in Kingston, Washington. Doesn't really help, I'm afraid.  Undecided

Fortus fortuna uvat!
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 09:54:21 pm »

Oh goodness!  I have to agree.   

Best of luck!
Kryss LaBryn
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

aka Lady Amelia Cottington

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 08:36:37 am »

My husband is in the CF and I just found out that he will probably be heading there soon; the kids and I will be joining him there sometime over the next several months (not sure if this winter or next summer) so we'll be there, at least! My husband isn't into it but I certainly am and my little boy sometimes joins me. So if you're still about I am definitely looking forward to meeting up with a fellow enthusiast out there!

"Be clean and courteous; raise your hat, And wipe your boots upon the mat: Such proofs of gentlemanly feeling Are to the ladies most appealing." The Professor's Manuscript - Dorothy L. Sayers
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 01:00:04 pm »

Hello Kryss,

Steampunk Ottawa has monthly events (and sometimes more than one each month).  Our next event is coming up in a couple of weeks - we'll be joining the local zombie walk.  In November there is a swap meet and whist night, and in December is an outing for opening night of Sherlock Holmes.  There is a Steampunk Ottawa group on Facebook and all the events can also be found on the Steampunk Canada website.

I look forward to meeting you and your family.

Cheers,  Lee Ann
Kryss LaBryn
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 04:09:57 am »

Cool! Thanks for the heads up!

Ottawa's what, about an hour and a half from Kingston? Something like that? I don't suppose tehre's anyone in Kingston here, is there? Well, there's a university; even if there's no one from that area on these forums there's bound to be someone into Steampunk around there! Wink
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 01:55:28 am »

Start a Facebook group for Kingston and then put up a notice at the University and any bookstores.  Start with a pub night.  I'm sure you'll find steampunks there.
Kryss LaBryn
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 06:46:47 am »

With a campus right there I can't see them NOT being around! Cheesy I'm hoping the move won't come before summer (because moving in snow is retarded-painful), but I am quite looking forward to being there.
Kryss LaBryn
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 12:02:32 am »

Not there yet but will be moving into a house on the base in Kingston shortly-- ought to arrive about a week into August or so. So if you're still looking for fellow Steampunks in Kingston I will happily look you up! Have you managed to find anyone else in the immediate area yet?
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 12:11:29 am »

I haven't heard of any group in Kingston yet.  Best of luck with the move.  I'm sure you'll find other steampunks once you're settled.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: