The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 16, 2019, 01:49:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk in Western, MA - Northern CT?  (Read 1790 times)
Scourch
Gunner
United States United States

« on: October 15, 2010, 04:25:15 pm »

Hey everyone, I see a lot of topics of steampunkers looking for others in PA and a lot of mid-west states but not much for Massachusetts, my home. So I'm curious anyone from Massachusetts, specifically Wester, MA or Northern CT areas such as Enfield?
draxthedestroyer
Officer

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 02:23:03 pm »

Not western mass but I know there a good amount of kids over by lynn and the north shore. I'm from central mass and I never really heard much about western mass steampunk
Scourch
Gunner

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 02:05:05 am »

Not western mass but I know there a good amount of kids over by lynn and the north shore. I'm from central mass and I never really heard much about western mass steampunk

Aww, well damn Sad lol. I'm all alone!
draxthedestroyer
Officer

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 08:30:08 am »

Looks like I'm going to be moving back to central mass. How far from worcester do you live?
Scourch
Gunner

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 01:32:05 pm »

Woostah? Haha, oh about an hour, little more with traffic.
Tinkum
Deck Hand

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 09:11:26 pm »

Great Barrington, MA here, mostly seems to be some things going on in Northampton, haven't been to any of them though
Sigfather
Gunner

Eureka!

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 10:13:22 pm »

I'm some ways to the east, in Groton, CT....but could get to Western MA with little to no problem, provided the event were tempting enough.
Scourch
Gunner

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 03:36:07 am »

Great Barrington, MA here, mostly seems to be some things going on in Northampton, haven't been to any of them though

Really? I occasionally cover the Family Wireless store in Noho. I live ten minutes away from downtown, I don't really see anything steampunk going on there.
Tinkum
Deck Hand

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 04:36:17 am »

I know there was a steam event at a club< maybe Divas? a few months ago, Have you looked at the Mass steam website?

http://community.livejournal.com/mass_steam/

I am pretty sure I saw it on there.

It still seems like there are very few of us but maybe if we plan a gathering at a historic home/ garden (well not in winter), graveyard, club, (Hudson new york has a new very appropriate club called club helsinki) tea party, or something we might get some of the lurkers out of the woodwork.

Interested parties?

Scourch
Gunner

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 12:51:03 pm »

I know there was a steam event at a club< maybe Divas? a few months ago, Have you looked at the Mass steam website?

http://community.livejournal.com/mass_steam/

I am pretty sure I saw it on there.

It still seems like there are very few of us but maybe if we plan a gathering at a historic home/ garden (well not in winter), graveyard, club, (Hudson new york has a new very appropriate club called club helsinki) tea party, or something we might get some of the lurkers out of the woodwork.

Interested parties?

Already part of that LJ community haha. And I bet you it was Haven. Divas is what it's called but on certain nights it's "goth" might and it's called Haven then, and they might have done a SP theme. Wouldn't ever catch me there, though, hahah I know the kinda people that go there, freeeaaakkkyy.

But anyways, yeah I'd definitely be up for getting something together. I mean speaking of that LJ community, they are planning some sort of Christmas get together deal
Dr Fidelius
Zeppelin Admiral

Professor of Applied Paleontology, Miskatonic U.

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 01:25:17 pm »

Is Hartford within your travel radius?

The Mark Twain House is sponsoring a Steampunk Tea this Saturday (30 October) at 2pm.

http://www.marktwainhouse.org/visitor/events_programs.php

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not represent any other persons, organizations, spirits, thinking machines, hive minds or other sentient beings on this world or any adjacent dimensions in the multiverse.
Scourch
Gunner

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 04:47:55 pm »

Is Hartford within your travel radius?

The Mark Twain House is sponsoring a Steampunk Tea this Saturday (30 October) at 2pm.

http://www.marktwainhouse.org/visitor/events_programs.php

It absolutely is and I totally would, but work has other things to say on the matter, unfortunately :-/

Is that something they do frequently?
Dr Fidelius
Zeppelin Admiral

Professor of Applied Paleontology, Miskatonic U.

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 05:25:17 pm »

First time that I've heard of, actually.

But I have only been doing the face-to-face social thing in Steampunk for a few months.
Sigfather
Gunner

Eureka!

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 10:52:34 pm »

Supposedly, they're attempting to bring forth a semi-regular schedule of SP events at the Mark Twain House. Information, when available, will be posted here: http://www.thesteampunkempire.com/group/connecticutsteampunkbrassmillsociety
MosaicLaw
Deck Hand

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 07:47:51 pm »

There's an upcoming steampunk event in Foxboro, Ma.  Yes, I know it's eastern MA but not that bad of a drive.
WHERE: Jules Verne’s 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Interactive Entertainment Experience (located in Patriot Place’s North Lifestyle Center, Foxboro MA, adjacent to Gillette Stadium)

WHEN: Saturday, February 5, 2011 from 5:00PM to 12:00 Midnight

COST: FREE if you are wearing any Steampunk costume (prize for best ‘Nautilus or Nemo themed’ costume)
Capt. Stockings
Snr. Officer

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 07:58:49 am »

Hey, I'm in Great Barrington, too! I can't tell from your icon, but you're not George the costume guy from Simon's Rock, are you?

Tinkum
Deck Hand

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 01:57:32 am »

I am indeed! I cannot tell from your picture, how do we know each other?
draxthedestroyer
Officer

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 09:03:17 am »

so is the maybe a meet up anytime soon?
Capt. Stockings
Snr. Officer

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 04:41:17 am »

I am indeed! I cannot tell from your picture, how do we know each other?

I'm Socks, the student who was looking for mannequins for a steampunk thesis. I'll be in your costume class next semester, too. Smiley
Cpt Eliza Day
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 03:20:00 pm »

Hi there , I have just moved from the UK to New Britain in CT (been here 2 weeks) and am trying to out if there is much of a steampunk scene happening.
Is there a group of people that meet in this area of CT and/or MA ?
How do I get in contact with them?
Does anyone want to meetup for coffee and steampunk chat?

Anna Murfin
MosaicLaw
Deck Hand

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 11:03:09 pm »

Anyone going to the Steampunk Art Gallery opening this weekend in Foxboro?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: