The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 22, 2019, 05:21:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wild Wild West Con (March 4-6, 2011)  (Read 2203 times)
BaronPablo
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Vapeurpunk ou Barbarie!

http://twitter.com/#!/Bar
« on: September 29, 2010, 10:42:44 pm »

http://wildwildwestcon.com/

Who all is going? I'm defintiely attending and am hoping to perhaps host a panel there! Is anyone going from Texas? Perhaps we could form a convoy?

I'm also thinking of reserving a suite, so if you're looking for room space, send me a message!

Mr. Saturday of Mr. Saturday & Sixpence, Gentlemen-For-Hire!
AetherFest, Texas' Oldest Steampunk Convention, Chairman
San Antonio Neo-Victorian Association, Chairman
LillysWorkshop
Officer

lillysworkshop
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 04:59:08 pm »

We are seriously considering going but will have to see how our schedule/finances are. Unfortunately we are from Nevada so we wouldn't be any help with the convoy.

It looks amazing, great guests and a fantastically appropriate location!

Yaquina
Snr. Officer

A Time Traveller has all the time in the world...

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 09:18:14 am »

I am considering vending there; offering ferrotype photos. I don't know if it will conflict with other local events that I will be doing though, so I will have to juggle some time slots to make it work.

(cross fingers)

The Squire
Zeppelin Admiral

Sans Peur

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 03:51:01 am »

It is on my radar, but I will have to wait til after the holidays to be certain if I can make it. It would be nice to have a Texas presence there.

"You don't mind breaking the law?"
        "Not in the least."
"Nor running a chance of arrest?"
        "Not in a good cause."
"Oh, the cause is excellent!"
         "Then I am your man."
HettyB
Gunner

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 05:11:26 pm »

Don't think I'm going to go.  I really don't like it when events have to be paid for separately.  I'm an all inclusive kind of lady.  Although Arizona in March is tempting.  (March in MN,  not so tempting)

Stamm
Gunner

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 08:36:42 pm »

Stamm here from Dodge city, Ks. I will be going with a couple other. See you there.

In loving memory MOM 1966 - 2010.
The one who would let me be who I want to be
Steampunk Outlaw
spcglider
Officer

Fifty characters isn't enough to write my message!

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 11:17:49 pm »

My good lady wife and I will be in attendance.

Unlike HettyB, we WILL be leaving behind the Minnesotan March!

After the convention, we will continue to explore the desert Southwest for several weeks.

-Gordon (and Jennifer)

Professor Gordon Elias Weatherbee, Tinker and Time Travel Machine Repair. All models serviced.
DudeDennyBrealan
Deck Hand

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 09:48:17 pm »

Anyone from CO going? A carpool would be awesome, as I have no car and would therefore have no other way of getting there.
Dr. D.P. Nelthorpe IV
Gunner

Call me Nel :)

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 06:01:06 pm »

Oh, man, I would love to go! My hubby is from the Tucson area, but unfortunately he is about as interested in steampunk as I am in...erm...something really boring.  And I'm not one to go on a trip like this without him.  Have fun, everybody else! It looks so cool!

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."-- C.S. Lewis.
Miles (a sailor)Martin
Zeppelin Admiral

Just a head full of random thoughts

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 01:35:53 am »

Posted by: Dr. D.P. Nelthorpe IV 

Oh, man, I would love to go! My hubby is from the Tucson area, but unfortunately he is about as interested in steampunk as I am in...erm...something really boring.  And I'm not one to go on a trip like this without him.  Have fun, everybody else! It looks so cool!

Is your other half a airplane nut? if so he may wish to see the Pima Air museum and Titan Miselle Mueseum while you are doing the con ,both are in Tuson. also the Warbirds museum is a 3 hour drive from tuson at Santa Teresa,NM just a thought. Grin
               Miles(an old New Mexican ,Arizona visitor,and ex-sailor) Martin

Who you calling old, Sonny boy? Just because my birth certificate is on birch bark there isn't any reason to be calling names.
machinist for hire/ mechanic at large
Warning : minstrel with a five string banjo
Dr. D.P. Nelthorpe IV
Gunner

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 02:37:07 am »

Posted by: Dr. D.P. Nelthorpe IV 

Is your other half a airplane nut? if so he may wish to see the Pima Air museum and Titan Miselle Mueseum while you are doing the con ,both are in Tuson. also the Warbirds museum is a 3 hour drive from tuson at Santa Teresa,NM just a thought. Grin
               Miles(an old New Mexican ,Arizona visitor,and ex-sailor) Martin

Thank you for your suggestions!  I've tentatively asked him, and he's considering....fingers crossed!
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 11:15:47 am »

AZ is too far a drive for me, and there's no way I can take it off from work...   Angry Angry Angry Angry

I'd LOVE to go to this, as I tend to lean towards the Wild West side of steampunk anyhoo.  Ah well, I'll have to content myself with pics once everyone returns!   Sad Sad Sad

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
Dr. D.P. Nelthorpe IV
Gunner

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 03:24:54 pm »

When I told my other half it was in Old Tucson Studios, he said we could go!! HAHAHA!!! I WIN! So, barring any weird emergency that eats our budget, I will be there! YES!
Stamm
Gunner

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 02:49:49 pm »

Anyone from CO going? A carpool would be awesome, as I have no car and would therefore have no other way of getting there.

Where in CO are you?
dradolin
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 05:20:58 am »

looking for a roommate situation. anybody have space for one more?
i am a vendor so I will be there on Thursday.
dragolin68@cox.net

thx kyla
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: