The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
June 03, 2020, 05:48:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nerfpunk  (Read 8709 times)
AlegrahEredschtadt
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2010, 04:02:10 pm »

I've a question pertaining to a person. Does the blonde woman happen to love anywhere near north-east Florida? I'm nearly positive I know her but have no idea why I do. Perhaps I saw her at a local con or meeting.

Read the musings of a mentally unstable traveler: http://symphonicallymorbid.blogspot.com/

~ ~ ~

I dare mention my bloomers in public.

Join me in the Chatroom! http:/
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 04:29:58 pm »

I've a question pertaining to a person. Does the blonde woman happen to love anywhere near north-east Florida? I'm nearly positive I know her but have no idea why I do. Perhaps I saw her at a local con or meeting.

Sorry to take advantage of a Freudian slip; but one would hope the Lady loves where ever there is a bound figure, firm fetlock and a warm heart. Much like the rest of us.  

Mr. Boltneck
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 04:33:44 pm »

All this talk of "Buzzbee" keeps making me think that someone should show up as "Buzzbee Berkeley and the June Taylor Dancers." Perhaps this reflects badly on my thought processes.
Dr. Moustache
Deck Hand

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 06:46:55 pm »

She lives in Atlanta, and goes to local Atlanta cons. She came with us down to Supercon in Miami, but other than that, I don't think she's ever been to Florida. She does post on various online communities, though.
AlegrahEredschtadt
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2010, 06:59:13 pm »

Hmm, thanks for the info. I was almost positive I saw her at ACC in July. :/
Revd_Jericho
Rogue Ætherlord

AKA Arthur Foot III

karlthulhu
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2010, 07:07:14 pm »

Wonderful idea! Simply genius!

Well done, too. I heartily approve.

Puck
Gunner

Lord, what fools these mortals be!

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2010, 05:06:24 pm »

My dear friend modded a Nerf gun and gave it to me for my birthday.

It's just beautiful. He spray-painted it bronze and added gears, it's just lovely. If I get the chance I'll put up pictures.

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
~ Oscar Wilde
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2010, 06:21:47 pm »

It's just beautiful. He spray-painted it bronze and added gears, it's just lovely. If I get the chance I'll put up pictures.

Caution- that way Jinglejoe lies  Wink

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
akumabito
Immortal
Netherlands Netherlands

~~Blast from the past~~

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2010, 06:42:17 pm »

roflcakes Grin
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2010, 07:38:34 pm »

?

Have you seen the gentleman's Electromagnetic Field Detector? I assume you are being ironic.
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2010, 07:46:53 pm »

?

Have you seen the gentleman's Electromagnetic Field Detector? I assume you are being ironic.

Merely my tongue-firmly-in-cheek warning that a painted nerf gun runs the risk of invoking Jinglepunk  Cheesy 
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2010, 08:12:15 pm »

Ah! I see! Yes! given the cut of the mans metal and the plaining of his wood he does have a notable passion for the subject.
I have never been witness to a bowel burster from the man. Well hang on, there was the entire S&M mask thing that kind of got out of hand.

Yes, I see where your coming from now. Smiley
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2010, 08:22:24 pm »

Oh I see... you initially thought I was saying that Jinglejoe makes bronze-painted nerf guns. 

Although it would be an amusing, albeit rather cruel and unsporting, april fools prank to start a rumour he was working on one Cheesy
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2010, 08:35:57 pm »

Text medium has no inflection making it difficult to know HOW someone is saying something and therefore that which they are implying. That said I would like to see pictures of the nurf gun. Never underestimate the power of adaptation, it is more likely than not a good one! I have seen many good adaptation in my time here. Also it has personal significance and therefore can never be wrong, for the purpose it was created for.

To bring joy is one of the highest achievements any maker can ask for (because it transcends mere usefulness).   
AlegrahEredschtadt
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2010, 01:09:20 am »

Text medium has no inflection making it difficult to know HOW someone is saying something and therefore that which they are implying. That said I would like to see pictures of the nurf gun. Never underestimate the power of adaptation, it is more likely than not a good one! I have seen many good adaptation in my time here. Also it has personal significance and therefore can never be wrong, for the purpose it was created for.

To bring joy is one of the highest achievements any maker can ask for (because it transcends mere usefulness).   
econded. I've seen some beautifully modded nerfs in my time, really.
krononaut
Deck Hand

Saving the World, one Giant Atomic Robot at a time

krononaut
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2011, 10:32:40 pm »

Very Lovely.  We had a half dozen or so "neon" outfits at Steamcon III last weekend and they looked beautiful.

Gary B. Watts
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: