The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
February 24, 2019, 04:47:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brass Goggles ring  (Read 55390 times)
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..

« Reply #575 on: December 29, 2018, 11:13:27 pm »

[Posts meme of Fry from Futurama holding out wad of cash]

Payment details?

Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.
Herr Döktor
Gadgeteer, Contraptionist, and Inventor, FVSS
Master Tinkerer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Herr Döktor, and friend.

« Reply #576 on: January 15, 2019, 11:03:52 pm »

As of this morning, the six masters are in the hands of the my casting company, moulds to be made at the earliest opportunity, ring boxes and labels to be manufactured in the next week..!

Deimos
Gunner
United States United States

aka Countess Millicent Addlewood

« Reply #577 on: January 16, 2019, 12:38:05 am »

You need to get these onto Amazon, or at least a web site with a merchant setup.

I wonder if selling on Amazon -- aka The [Bezos] Borg-- is a good idea. I've read of the increasing problems and hassles of selling on Amazon.
Maybe in the past (the distant past) it would have been a good, if not the best, way to go.

But from what I've seen of the craftsmen (and -women) who make stuff and then showcase it on the appropriate forum(s)-- e.g. the RPF, Reddit, specialty forums etc,-- word gets around pretty fast, and the artist/craftsman usually has no problem at all getting sales.
I know with absolutely certainty of one in particular who makes Middle Earth related art/collectibles who scorns the Borg, yet is inundated with customers.   

People will almost always forgive you when you are wrong.
They will never forgive you for being right.
Lord Pentecost
Snr. Officer

« Reply #578 on: January 19, 2019, 09:43:32 pm »

As of this morning, the six masters are in the hands of the my casting company, moulds to be made at the earliest opportunity, ring boxes and labels to be manufactured in the next week..!

Will these be available via your stand at various events, i.e. Asylum?

"A lot of people never use their initiative because no-one told them to" - Banksy
RJBowman
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #579 on: January 19, 2019, 11:08:43 pm »

I wonder if selling on Amazon -- aka The [Bezos] Borg-- is a good idea. I've read of the increasing problems and hassles of selling on Amazon.
Maybe in the past (the distant past) it would have been a good, if not the best, way to go.

I've been selling books and toys on Amazon for about 10 years. I ship out a significant number of orders each day, like clockwork. It works well for me because I constantly have sales every day, and I consistently ship everything out every day, and that's how it's been since a few months into that first year.

Now if I only stocked a few items, and only got a sale every few days, it might not work; I would probably forget to check on the orders, be late in shipping them out, and get kicked off the web site.

The two significant problems: Other sellers modifying the photos and descriptions so that they no longer match what I have in stock, and buyers claiming that they never got the item in an attempt to scam a refund (tracking and diligent investigation through the post office is the only defense.)

If you are selling anything fragile or collectable, never send it to Amazon's warehouse for fulfillment. It's like having the Samsonite gorilla handle your merchandise.
Deimos
Gunner
United States United States

aka Countess Millicent Addlewood

« Reply #580 on: January 20, 2019, 09:46:02 am »

If you are selling anything fragile or collectable, never send it to Amazon's warehouse for fulfillment. It's like having the Samsonite gorilla handle your merchandise.

The Samsonite Gorilla must moonlight at the Post Office on his days off.  Grin
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 09:48:03 am by Deimos » Logged
Herr Döktor
Master Tinkerer

Herr Döktor, and friend.

« Reply #581 on: January 23, 2019, 04:55:20 pm »

The rings are being moulded as we speak, so we'll have them SOON!!!

Cheesy
Herr Döktor
Master Tinkerer

Herr Döktor, and friend.

« Reply #582 on: February 08, 2019, 05:33:00 pm »

UPDATE: The rings will be with me early next week, ring boxes due by the 11th, and labels waiting to be printed...

...almost there, stay on target...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: