The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 20, 2019, 04:33:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk Pinup II (PG 13 only may be NSFW)  (Read 173604 times)
Mechanic
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« on: July 07, 2010, 03:17:07 pm »

Maybe the Steam- side was losing out to the Punk- side on the previous thread, it has been locked and rebooted and we should take advantage of that. The subject is pinup so a certain amount of voyeurism and exhibitionism is to be expected. None the less, it takes a certain amount of guts to put ones self out on show and perhaps ridicule. Being roughly the same shape as The Squire, I have only admiration for his efforts.

I have seen bomber nose art - the acme of pinup - that wouldn't be permitted on this forum. I am *told*  Shocked that there is entirely period pron out there ranging from hardcore to fetish to pinup to calendar girl. While tastes may vary the category accepts a very wide degree of clothing coverage and posing.

What I would like to see in this new thread is constructive commentary rather than "You're not doing it right." Darkshines had a very valid point - professional shoots require cash and/or equipment. Those without either deserve some leeway in what they produce. Rather than ragging on the poor quality of the image or awkward staging due to lack of a tripod, we should be suggesting ways to overcome both or what could be done with better facilities. A well received set of phone cam test shots may lead to a model taking the plunge for a professional shoot.

Further this is Steam Punk not Victorian re-creation. Darkshines' PVC Nurses outfit was very much more to the Punk/fetish side but in my opinion a perfectly valid starting off point. What I would like to see is feedback on how one would adapt the PVC nurse look to the Steam side.
  • What would Florence Nightingale all done up in a shiny nurses uniform look like ?
  • What would the "Girls of the Crimea" calendar look like?
  • What's on the daguerreotype the airship pirate keep tucked away in her bunk?

To everyone who put themselves out on the previous thread - I admire your bravery and beauty

Thank You!

Be creative, be Supportive, be Adults.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 09:44:25 pm by Stella Gaslight » Logged

Steampunk is in the eye of the beholder, in the hands of the tinkerer and in the needle of the costumer.
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 04:54:45 pm »

Thank you x

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
Gryphon
Snr. Officer
United States United States

A is for Aether

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 06:22:36 pm »

Hear, hear!

elShoggotho
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 06:35:51 pm »

Let me salute the new thread.
Museum of the American Railroad Train WhistlesDQ
The Squire
Zeppelin Admiral

Sans Peur

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 06:43:03 pm »

...now where did I put those Mavericks?

"You don't mind breaking the law?"
        "Not in the least."
"Nor running a chance of arrest?"
        "Not in a good cause."
"Oh, the cause is excellent!"
         "Then I am your man."
Mr. Boltneck
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 08:16:30 pm »

Airship nose art—now there's an intriguing thought. That'd make the corporate logos on the local Zeppelin look as dull and boring as they truly are... I may need to Photoshop this.
garingling
Zeppelin Captain

Smile, let them think you're up to something.

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 09:10:59 pm »

So now all that is needed is some pin ups Grin  You know the last person to start such a thread at least posted some pin-ups in the opening post  Wink

P.S. I'm still fine with just good old compliments and photos for funs sake. We don't always need to discuss how to improve upon what's offered unless that what's wanted (that sort of stuff can get touchy too). This is just my 2 cents and in no means meant to offend anyone. Thank you for going ahead and starting the new Pin-up thread Mechanic  Smiley 

G is for gorgeous
E is for exciting
O is for odd (in the best possible way!)
R is for remarkable
G is for gentle
I is for intelligent
A is for awesome
Gendrick
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 09:13:05 pm »

hmm, I may contribute to this thread, dunno if 17 is too young though, what do you ladies and gents suggest?
Utini420
Zeppelin Admiral

it is OK to tell me when its time to shut up

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 09:33:40 pm »

Wait a year.  Laws vary from place to place, and what's cool for users in one location might be illegal for users in another.  Don't get me wrong, if you want to post your picture in costume or having a good time feel free, but if its "hot" you might wanna "not."

If you have a Dremmel, everything is compatible.
Utini's Workshop:   http://utini420.blogspot.com
Major Wolfram Quicksilver
Zeppelin Overlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

If you can't make a mistake you can't make a thing

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 09:37:41 pm »

I only have one thing to say about this thread.

Huzzah!

'This job looks complicated, get a bigger hammer!'

'The 4lb lump hammer, also known as a Birmingham Screwdriver'

'Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.  Wisdom is never putting them in a fruit salad.'
Stella Gaslight
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 09:51:56 pm »

Ok since some people may not have read this I am laying down a few new rules for this.  I would like to ask that people refrain from doing full nudes hosted as spoilers.  We have a lot of underage kids on here and I don't want trouble on that front.  You can still link to off site nudes if you must but there must be warnings on the links so we can say that people have been warned we are not responsible.

Also I think underage members should not post pictures for both our safety and theirs. I don't want bg to possibly get in to criminal problems because of this thread.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Gendrick
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 10:16:07 pm »

right, well I'm gonna wait a year, also helps me build confidence lol, and gives me time to expand my steampunk wardrobe
Vampyroteuthis Infernalis
Snr. Officer

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own.

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 05:09:37 am »

I too like the idea of zeppelin nose art.
Though those would lean more toward illustrations than outright photography.

the chiming in verbally
V.I.

Look!   Up in the sky!  It's a bird!  It's a plane!  It's...a Zeppelin?

Kelley
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 09:38:01 am »

I drew this as a show of support :

Easy link to non-resized image

Pretty much all the elements are permutations of real Victorian nurse outfits (amongst other things). I don't say this to be elitist, but just as a note of curiosity and because I spent too much time doing research for that.

I would offer an actual photograph, but I don't have permission from anyone to post them, and ones of myself would just make people intensely uncomfortable.
Flynn MacCallister
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Mad SCIENTIST!

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 12:40:22 pm »

Hey, regarding underage images: here, over 18 is fine. But what about other countries? Is anywhere still 21? What about Japan, for example, where the drinking, smoking, etc age is 20?

If we're going to get terribly suggestive, I think we need to take care to define that...

(This is part of why I steered away from the original thread... I'm usually on the forum on a workstation at uni, in the middle of a national crackdown on inappropriate images of minors... so yeah. Just a wee bit paranoid.)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 12:46:01 pm by Flynn MacCallister » Logged
garingling
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 06:53:34 pm »

I drew this as a show of support :

Easy link to non-resized image

Now someone could have fun turning that into a real pin -up picture.

Hey, regarding underage images: here, over 18 is fine. But what about other countries? Is anywhere still 21? What about Japan, for example, where the drinking, smoking, etc age is 20?

If we're going to get terribly suggestive, I think we need to take care to define that...

(This is part of why I steered away from the original thread... I'm usually on the forum on a workstation at uni, in the middle of a national crackdown on inappropriate images of minors... so yeah. Just a wee bit paranoid.)
When the original thread was started there was no nudity just a showing of the bra and it was like that for a long time. Pin-up does not have to mean nudity or be all that suggestive, to be honest I prefer it not to be. (If you look at the Diesel Punk site all of the Steampunk pin-ups there are fully clothed). Plus that keeps it safer for the forum and it's underage viewers. So maybe people should work pin up with that angle in mind instead of getting terribly suggestive. (It's just a thought on how to keep things tasteful and enjoyable for as many viewers as possible). Of course at the moment everyone seems a bit shy of doing a Pin-up style picture anyway.  Undecided
Inflatable Friend
Zeppelin Admiral
Italy Italy

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 07:26:31 pm »

Hurrah! The thread returns in all it's titillating glory!

I did threaten to post a pin-up of myself in the last thread (Be warned - there's a good chance it'll be mistaken for a sea-bloated whale carcass)...

Just give me a few minutes to finish this ice-cream...

Edit: If I could find my battery charger, there'd be some thinly veiled nudity linked right here. But I can't. Sad
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 08:26:19 pm by Inflatable Friend » Logged
Stella Gaslight
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 09:43:02 pm »

For the safety of everyone Why don't we try to keep the images around pg 13 rating with the occasional link to more R rated things.  I don't want to have to make this a 21 and up thread because enforcing that would be nearly imposable.  I think there is a lot of styles and class that can fall in that rating that everyone can enjoy and if there are questions of what is appropriate just pm me or any of the mods and we can help you out.  I am going to alter the title of the thread to give warning.  I don't want anyone getting in trouble.
Nyte
Zeppelin Captain

Architect of Social Chaos

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 10:43:09 pm »

You know, the last thread went for a long, long time with no issues whatsoever.  It was understood that image were to try and adhere to steam, but the venture away was accepted in the interest of sharing.  The thread was also a great social and self esteem boost to many, dabbling into, and going forward with, all bravely, sharing themselves, and gaining of confidence through it and the encouragement of others.  Anything extremely NSFW was generally marked so, and nearly all, if not all pics were behind spoilers as it was.

And then children had to whine for not getting thier way on another thread, and push thier petty tantrum upon others and ruined a good feel.  I sincerely hope that this thread can recapture the feel and warmth of the previous, and that certain said spoiled children, will take thier whining elsewhere.

"Memories may last for years but, Names are just for souveniers..."
The_Major
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Onward! To the Skies!

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 11:38:52 pm »

Ahoy!

If there is anyone in need of an enthusiastic amateur photographer with a good eye for detail then I am happy to throw my Pith Helmet in to assist for free or very near free (a good cup of tea and a slice of cake) within a sensible travelling time from my location in the UK.

The_Major

He looked about as inconspicuous as a tarantula on a slice of angel cake
garingling
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2010, 11:45:12 pm »

Nice pin-up Nyte  Wink
Nyte
Zeppelin Captain

Architect of Social Chaos

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 12:12:53 am »

Nice pin-up Nyte  Wink

Why thank you.  I admit, i found it online, but thought other would like to see it as well. 
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 01:15:10 am »

I don't agree with The Mechanic....well just the part about him not being photo worthy of this thread.  I most certainly think he is.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Look at those sexy knees!

Proud to be a Canadian Steampunk
Mechanic
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2010, 01:59:38 am »

I don't agree with The Mechanic....well just the part about him not being photo worthy of this thread.  I most certainly think he is.

<snip>

Look at those sexy knees!

It's not really pinup though....
garingling
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2010, 02:17:25 am »

Knees!!!  I must sit down Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: