The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
May 19, 2019, 08:25:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunks in Maryland?  (Read 6078 times)
Maets
Immortal
United States United States

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2011, 01:43:18 pm »

Thanks to all that came.  We had over 120 people.  Lots of fun.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:19:59 pm by Maets » Logged

Vagabond GentleMan
Zeppelin Captain

Clockwork Sepia

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2011, 08:30:28 pm »

>Cross-posted from Guild of DC thread<

Sunday Meet-up:

Hey all!  So, I was up in Silver Spring on Sunday rummaging thru thift shops and bazaars, met a cool old toothless conjureman, and bought a bunch of bangup junk.
On the way back down headed towards Arlington, I stagged this sign in Kensington what read: "Antiques Row"...so, I spun round me chariot to have a gander.

It's awesome.  Old-timey shop-fronts in a neighborhood with old-timey houses, old timey nooks with old-timey antique shops.  All was closed, as it was eventide, but a quick ambulation thru the digs was enough to sell me.  Everything just quaint as could be...almost like stepping back in time.  More so than the Renn Faire, for sure!  lol!
Crom's Bones, the logo of Antiques Row is a little dude with a bushy waxed stache and a bowler...

Had a little Tea-Room, seemed to be called "The Tea Room" but I guess it's specifically the Country Cupboard Tea Room.
Reckon a dozen or so Antique shops...most just 'antiques' but some sorta more specialty...Oriental (their word, not mine) antiques, antique books, one said 'Curiosities', one, the Fine Swine (logo is a pig w a monocle and topper), read 'Traditional clothing'.

Anyway, here's the skinny:  My Lady and I gwan be there at the Tea Room (3750 Howard Ave. Kensignton MD) at 2:00 on Sunday.  Couple of the boys from The Guild's original family gwan be thar as well...I reckon Wraste gwan be thar, for instance.  All of y'all what ain't come met up with us afore, oughta join.

After Tea, or what have you, we's gwan walk round pickin thru the shops...so if'n yer interested, stuff yer pockets with some folding swag in case you git that urge to impulse-buy some flash old knickknack.

Uh...k, I reckon I ain't on the Forum so much these days, but go ahead and send me a PM if'n there's any head-scratchin bout what's going on...or ask Wraste...he's got me down close and knows what's what.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 08:43:14 pm by Vagabond GentleMan » Logged

Well that wolf has a dimber bonebox, and he'll flash it all milky and red.  But you won't see our Red Jack's spit, nug, cuz he's pinked ya, and yer dead.
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2011, 01:19:53 pm »

Saturday morning.  Headed to the Ren Fair in Crownsville, MD.  Wearing my rocket pack.  Hope to see some other steamers time travelers there.
Vagabond GentleMan
Zeppelin Captain

Clockwork Sepia

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2011, 09:57:31 pm »

Maj Hathoway gwan be at that Renn Faire on Sunday w some of his steamy entourage...

Now me personally?  If I owned property in Hell and at Renn Faire, I'd live in Hell and rent out Renn Faire...
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2011, 01:16:40 pm »

It was fun.  Only a few people in anything resembling steampunk so my wife and I were a curiosity.  Lots of people stopping use for questions and to take pictures.  We had a great time.
vbsargent
Deck Hand

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2011, 02:06:06 am »

My wife and I moved from NJ almost a year ago and are finally getting settled in enough to contemplate steampunk outings. We are also looking to get a feel for whether or not there is interest in the Baltimore area for a Steampunk LARP. We'd be looking at playtesting then running games in Harford and Baltimore counties (depending on local parks and recreation rules).

For those interested it is a real time boffer larp with the possibility to play non combatants as well. If there is enough interest we might even be able to incorporate meetups that are more social and intrigue oriented than action oriented.

Nigel Oliver Wimsey III
(Victor)
likeclockworkshop
Gunner

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2011, 08:02:37 pm »

Everyone watch Extreme Makeover: Home Edition for the feature on Mardela Springs family, the Johnsons, and to see Austin's band showing off their steampunk side at the reveal. Check your local listings, Maryland people, it should be on the local news station. From the Eastern Shore with love, Rachel.

Evelyn
Deck Hand

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2012, 04:41:59 pm »

New to Steampunk, but would be very interested in family-friendly gatherings: I have 3 steammidgets ages 14, 13 and 11. We live in Montgomery county.
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

I'm so sneaky even I don't know what I'm up to.

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2012, 04:48:03 pm »

Hey all!

It is coming! Steampunk World's Fair! Grin

I set up a thread here.

Also, you may want to check out the Guild of DC thread too. We've been pretty inactive but we're local and should be getting more going on as the nice weather approaches!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: