The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
March 20, 2019, 11:21:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunks in Maryland?  (Read 5984 times)
Miles (a sailor)Martin
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Just a head full of random thoughts

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2011, 07:48:28 pm »

just a note for those  of us with an Ollie's Bargain Barn nearby;
                they have the Linberg Pirate pistols for 7.99$ each.....
                    at hobby town they are 19.95
                    i bought 2 each of all four models, figured i would buld one copy stock and Steam the second one, that way I would be armed and ready for anything !!!!
                                                     Miles

Who you calling old, Sonny boy? Just because my birth certificate is on birch bark there isn't any reason to be calling names.
machinist for hire/ mechanic at large
Warning : minstrel with a five string banjo
LascielsShadow
Snr. Officer

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 07:34:02 am »

just a note for those  of us with an Ollie's Bargain Barn nearby;
                they have the Linberg Pirate pistols for 7.99$ each.....
                    at hobby town they are 19.95
                    i bought 2 each of all four models, figured i would buld one copy stock and Steam the second one, that way I would be armed and ready for anything !!!!
                                                     Miles
Thank you kindly for the information! I've picked up two of the blunderbusses and two of the miquelets. One of the blunderbusses I'm currently modifying, and I've no idea what will happen to the other three. I think I may do the same as you, steam up one of each and leave the other stock.
Miles (a sailor)Martin
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 03:59:46 am »

That's cool man. I'm glad someone picked up on the post,and got in to get a few.  i need to go pick up some bondo and shot for filler to get the weight and durability up,that is my only major concern with them as manufactured. so flipping lightweght that if you drop one it will fall apart.  Now on with the modding.
                                                   Miles
LascielsShadow
Snr. Officer

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2011, 12:14:45 am »

I'm thinking of pouring a bit of resin down the barrels since I'll be buying some soon and will have plenty to spare. I'm also considering attempting to use spray foam to fill them, since that should give them a bit of solidity without adding an excessive amount of weight. The guns don't seem to be too horribly unstable once they're assembled, but they can most definitely use a bit of reinforcing.

Is anyone else in the Baltimore/Maryland area going to be at the Fell's Point Pyrate Invasion on the 16th? http://www.fellspointmainstreet.org/pyrateinvasion.html I think airship pirates would be just as at home there as the more conventional sort.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:19:53 am by LascielsShadow » Logged
remission
Officer

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2011, 02:38:16 am »

Ill be going to the pirate invasion if I can get off work

Just remember, no weapons, fake or real are allowed. I wanted to bring my fake weapons but was advised not to

facebook.com/remission20
Miles (a sailor)Martin
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 07:09:30 pm »

is any one else here going? i am going down on friday the 6th,leaving aberdeen at 10:30am will stay till 430pm. will drive back down that night if i have a need to pick someone up else i will be going to drive down sat morn 930ish departure from aberdeen,return time is negotiable.  more info at the GCOM website
                                                     miles
GAMES CLUB OF MARYLAND
PRESENTS the FOURTEENTH annual
GAME DAYS
May 5th - May 8th, 2011
Holiday Inn
9615 Deereco Road
Timonium, Maryland 21093

An Open Gaming Event
Captain Lyerly
Zeppelin Overlord
Ukraine Ukraine

At the helm of the Frumious Bandersnatch

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011, 03:06:48 am »

Southern Maryland Celtic Festival!

http://cssm.org/festival

30 April.  Much fun.  Wear your Pith, or Pith off, if you prefer.  Goggles optional, but we will be looking for them.

There is always a grand time to be had, just ask Jerry!

Cheers!

Chas.

Captain Sir Charles A. Lyerly, O.B.T.
Soldier of Fortune and Gentleman Adventurer
wire: captain_lyerly, at wire office "Yahoo dot Qom"

"You'd think he'd learn."
"Heh! De best minions neffer do!"
Teqe
Deck Hand

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011, 03:13:51 am »

I have lived in MD for a few years and about as much as ive gotten into is the local SCA Haven.

As some one who is sort of new to steampunk, id love to find places to get a feel for the atmosphere.
I will keep this post on my radar, thank you for posting this (although it was a year or so ago)

I may show up to the Celtic Festival on the 30th, its just a matter of clearing it with my "driver" xD
-Teqe

As Crows Fly
Miles (a sailor)Martin
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2011, 12:57:36 am »

Just got my confirmation ,I am now a Probationary member of the calslivesteam.org. is any one here ever been up to the track at Leakin Park in Baltimore?  the next public run day is 8 May, rides are free,the trains are 1.5 scale running on 7.5inch guaged track. true minature ride on trains. too cool.

http://calslivesteam.org/

Miles
Miles (a sailor)Martin
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2011, 05:51:14 pm »

was driving about Harford Co. this week job hunting and noticed four differrent churches are having rummage sale/flea markets this weekend.  Is this normal?
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2011, 05:55:08 pm »

Right time of year. Happy hunting.

remission
Officer

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2011, 05:58:33 pm »

Not a steampunk thing, but is anyone going to the VARF for Pirates weekend Saturday?

I am hitting the Pirates Tavern in Silverspring  for their POTC4 Event Friday  and then seeing the movie that night , then going to Faire the next day
Miles (a sailor)Martin
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2011, 02:08:45 pm »

Balticon 'tis this weekend.  Friday thru Memorial day, anyone going besides me? i will be there Friday /Sat. but Sun. and Mon. tied up with things for Mum in Law so pro'lly won't make it back.
                                   hope to see you there
                                                    Miles (N.T.A.)Martin
 admission is approx 30 per day or 64 for a weekend badge (all four days).
                                                   google Balticon for more info
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 02:22:20 pm by Miles (a sailor)Martin » Logged
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2011, 03:41:16 am »

This coming weekend is the Open House for the Patuxent River Art Guild.  I will have my steampunk stuff on display.  Check out http://www.patuxentriverartguild.org/ for more information.

Thanks!
BrassCoated
Deck Hand

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2011, 04:22:29 pm »

I'm brand new to the forum, and to steampunk in general, but I'm definitely interested in meeting up and sharing projects and ideas, or just hanging out. Frederick or Baltimore seem like excellent meeting places as there's lots to do, and appropriately vintage buildings. Anyone interested, or involved in regular meetings of any kind?
likeclockworkshop
Gunner

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2011, 12:27:54 am »

Hello, fellows and ladies!
Austin and I are based out of Eastern Shore, MD and have been asking the exact same question. Where on earth do we go? We went this weekend the the Maryland Renaissance Festival in full Steampunk glory and got a lovely reception. There are small gatherings of Steampunk on the shore, but they're mostly closed-invitation. If anyone has any info or is starting a hopeful meeting, please let us know!
~Rachel

BrassCoated
Deck Hand

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2011, 02:17:02 am »

I'm meeting up with the Guild of DC people this Saturday if you and Austin would like to join us, maybe we can get more networking going. It's probably a bit of a hike for you, though I think it's closer than Baltimore or Frederick would be. Come on people, get active! Where's everyone else?!?
likeclockworkshop
Gunner

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2011, 02:52:55 am »

I'm meeting up with the Guild of DC people this Saturday if you and Austin would like to join us, maybe we can get more networking going. It's probably a bit of a hike for you, though I think it's closer than Baltimore or Frederick would be. Come on people, get active! Where's everyone else?!?

Hey, we could try! Address/website for us to look it up?
BrassCoated
Deck Hand

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2011, 04:42:36 am »

It's called Ching Ching Cha, http://chingchingcha.com/, Lord Wraste is coordinating things (see the "Guild of DC" thread, also under North America. Just skip to the last page of the thread and you'll see our posts.) We haven't picked a time yet, still trying to see when people are free.
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2011, 02:56:48 am »

I was at the Maryland Renfair today in my steampunk gear.  Heard from a number of people that a steampunk invasion is being planned for October 1 and 2 and for the last Saturday of the faire.  Can anyone make it?
likeclockworkshop
Gunner

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2011, 04:19:59 am »

I was at the Maryland Renfair today in my steampunk gear.  Heard from a number of people that a steampunk invasion is being planned for October 1 and 2 and for the last Saturday of the faire.  Can anyone make it?

Austin and I are going back at the end of the event (we hope!) We were invited last time, should be great fun.
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

I'm so sneaky even I don't know what I'm up to.

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2011, 10:00:59 pm »

Anyone in the DC area and close to are MORE than welcome to come out and play with the Guild of DC.
It's not an official group in the slightest, and I think I'm the only one out of the group that still comes on here at all, but I'd love to get together with folks for tea!

Having a get together on one of the next two Saturdays, so input on which one would be great!
Vagabond GentleMan
Zeppelin Captain

Clockwork Sepia

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2011, 03:13:45 am »

Hey Wraste, what's up?

Yeah, just bounced on the Forum for the first time in...over a year, I reckon.

Yeah, Guild of DC...I should be paying more attention to that...didn't I start that thread?

Who's Polaris?

And Ian, you're in Silver Spring?  My Lady lives there, I'm in that hood on the regular.  I'm a Virginian, tho, In Arlington, and work in downtown DC.

Y'all have that Pirate's Tavern joint up near there, don't ya?

I kinda can't believe we haven't united the Guild, the League of Sophisticate Degenerates, and the Maryland group (sans fancy Group Title, to my chagrin... Wink) and done some sorta Air-Pirate invasion...we should.  The booze is good, they have Hookahs, and grub's decent-to-exceptional, depending.

Well that wolf has a dimber bonebox, and he'll flash it all milky and red.  But you won't see our Red Jack's spit, nug, cuz he's pinked ya, and yer dead.
markf
Goggleologist

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2011, 11:47:49 am »

VG - welcome back!  Btw, Polaris is in PA, check out her extraordinary handiwork for her spinal corset project. markf
http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29759.0.html

US ARMY-WORKING HARDER, NOT SMARTER. Steampunk Smart Car & Office Cubicle, Levitating Mossarium, Dive Pocket Watch; 1915 Wilson Goggles/Swing-Arm Monocular; Boiling Tube Lamp; Pocket Watch/Cell Phone; Air Kraken Augmentotron. http://sites.google.com/site/steampunkretrofuturedesignsmd
Maets
Immortal

Gravatar

Airship Builder

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2011, 01:38:39 am »

Open house this weekend October 7,8 and 9 from 10am to 5pm each day. I'll have rocket packs, weapons, time machines, plasma displays and lots of bells on display.  Everyone welcome.

Goto www.countrysideartisans.com for more information
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:18:40 pm by Maets » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: