The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 29, 2020, 01:36:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 100   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing Dress Up (The Steam Gallery Volume 2)  (Read 304953 times)
AlegrahEredschtadt
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

« Reply #250 on: July 15, 2010, 11:16:18 pm »

What about being a broad-shoulder wench? I've really wide shoulders and a generous bust, which is a deadly combination. o.o

Read the musings of a mentally unstable traveler: http://symphonicallymorbid.blogspot.com/

~ ~ ~

I dare mention my bloomers in public.

Join me in the Chatroom! http:/
Gazongola
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

I am the flashing monocle.

« Reply #251 on: July 15, 2010, 11:17:52 pm »

Duffil, Love your attempt, actually. Did your gun fire anything, paint or Nerf? Cool stuff. Smiley

Darkshines, That's exactly my problem. The shoulders are wiiiiide!

it is infact a nerf furyfire. I need to fix it actually as it broke. Dangerous business is, fighting for the Emperor.
AGB
Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #252 on: July 15, 2010, 11:46:40 pm »

If any girls out there think they have it hard finding clothes, try being a broad shouldered bloke!

Try combining those problems *mutter*.

(actually, I'm fortunately not too broad in the shoulders)

AGB
AKA Jester, and others
eruannu
Snr. Officer

« Reply #253 on: July 16, 2010, 12:01:35 am »

here goes with the cargo hakeme that I recently finished
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.” Nikola Tesla
H. MacHinery
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #254 on: July 16, 2010, 12:02:00 am »

What about being a broad-shoulder wench? I've really wide shoulders and a generous bust, which is a deadly combination. o.o

In more ways than one....... Grin
remission
Officer

« Reply #255 on: July 16, 2010, 12:52:33 am »

Voltin, what exactly is that thing you have stung  over your shoulder?   I'm almost positive I saw that at the thrift store yesterday. It was heavy and I couldn't figure out what it was.

It is a Watchmen's Detex clock case. I have the clock for it but installed a plasma light inside. Detex clock's were used buy Security Officer's for over a hundred years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchman%27s_clock

Thanks for all of the compliments everyone. It was alot of fun  Smiley

Ah ok, very nice. I would have bought it but I think it was $49.99. They always tend to over price things like that, at that market.

I do like your blunderbuss. I have a fake one like that, but I am hesitant to modify it. Id hate to mark it up by drilling because I also use it for the pirate outfit for Faire, and I have yet to find a good way to holster it for carrying though.   Its kind of heavy, made of real wood and thick metal ands fancy markings.

facebook.com/remission20
Gazongola
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

I am the flashing monocle.

« Reply #256 on: July 16, 2010, 01:00:53 am »

Voltin, what exactly is that thing you have stung  over your shoulder?   I'm almost positive I saw that at the thrift store yesterday. It was heavy and I couldn't figure out what it was.

It is a Watchmen's Detex clock case. I have the clock for it but installed a plasma light inside. Detex clock's were used buy Security Officer's for over a hundred years.

Thanks for all of the compliments everyone. It was alot of fun  Smiley

Ah ok, very nice. I would have bought it but I think it was $49.99. They always tend to over price things like that, at that market.

I do like your blunderbuss. I have a fake one like that, but I am hesitant to modify it. Id hate to mark it up by drilling because I also use it for the pirate outfit for Faire, and I have yet to find a good way to holster it for carrying though.   Its kind of heavy, made of real wood and thick metal ands fancy markings.

Well considering a brand new Detex clock is over $500...
remission
Officer

« Reply #257 on: July 16, 2010, 01:15:54 am »

ter it for carrying though.   Its kind of heavy, made of real wood and thick metal ands fancy markings.

[/quote]

I am going back there tomorrow, I shall take a photo of it and post Smiley
AlegrahEredschtadt
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #258 on: July 16, 2010, 02:24:12 pm »

What about being a broad-shouldered wench? I've really wide shoulders and a generous bust, which is a deadly combination. o.o

In more ways than one....... Grin

Ha, perhaps, eh? ;P
Vagabond GentleMan
Zeppelin Captain

Clockwork Sepia

« Reply #259 on: July 16, 2010, 07:15:48 pm »

Can't wait till Wraste sees those cargo Hakama!  They're awesome, and he's gonna flip!

Well that wolf has a dimber bonebox, and he'll flash it all milky and red.  But you won't see our Red Jack's spit, nug, cuz he's pinked ya, and yer dead.
Wilhelmina Frame
Zeppelin Captain

ptliontamer
« Reply #260 on: July 17, 2010, 12:35:37 am »

So I'm planning on taking my new falls out for the first time tomorrow night so I gave them a trial run. No idea what they look like from the back! I'll probably never get my hair and the falls the same color either Wink

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 12:37:19 am by Wilhelmina Frame » Logged

Part Time Lion Tamer
Editrix de Mode, Steampunk Chronicle
Founder, American Tea Duelling Society
AlegrahEredschtadt
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #261 on: July 17, 2010, 12:36:54 am »

Those are absolutely stunning on you, Ms. Frame!
Samuel Crowe
Zeppelin Captain

Order of the Watch and Rose

« Reply #262 on: July 17, 2010, 01:26:51 am »

Wow! I have issues with cyberpunk style falls in steampunk, but I don't see too many steampunk style falls in steampunk. Looks great!

Samuel Crowe

Adventurer of Science, Explorer of the Arcane.
Count Alexander
Snr. Officer

Traditionally crazy...

« Reply #263 on: July 17, 2010, 05:22:10 am »

Nice Ms Frame!

"I don't think anyone's gonna buy a few dozen counts of self-defense with a sub-machine gun."
Flynn MacCallister
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Mad SCIENTIST!

« Reply #264 on: July 18, 2010, 12:42:48 am »

If any girls out there think they have it hard finding clothes, try being a broad shouldered bloke!

Or a shortish, slender bloke. C. has at least as much trouble getting clothes as I do... Or, did, until he discovered a strip of Japanese and Korean import shops in Haymarket. Just as well he likes slightly odd, very slender cut clothing. >_o

With one-shape-fits-all fashion, really, everyone loses, and it's pointless trying to say "you think you got it bad? What about..."
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 01:39:02 am by Flynn MacCallister » Logged
The Kernel
« Reply #265 on: July 18, 2010, 07:50:27 am »

At this.point I feel I must comment about British Army Uniform issue (I have reason to believe Australian, New Zealand, Canadian and US issue clothing is no different)
It comes in two sizes, too large and too small!
Utini420
Zeppelin Admiral

it is OK to tell me when its time to shut up

« Reply #266 on: July 19, 2010, 02:45:15 pm »

@Wilhelmina Frame -- both the falls, and that strong color, look great on you.

@Vagabond GentleMan -- those cargo Hakama are the shit!  WANT NOW!

If you have a Dremmel, everything is compatible.
Utini's Workshop:   http://utini420.blogspot.com
Professor Veritas
Snr. Officer

« Reply #267 on: July 19, 2010, 06:41:07 pm »

Ready for a night on the town.
Capt. Morion
Snr. Officer

Captain of the Stormchaser

« Reply #268 on: July 19, 2010, 11:56:46 pm »

Ready for a night on the town.

0-0 is that a Midsummer Knight's Dream puppet I spy on your shoulder? That's fantastic; I've been pondering making an outfit that incorporated mine. You two both look absolutely fabulous, well done

The bad guys always have the best tailors
remission
Officer

« Reply #269 on: July 20, 2010, 02:27:20 am »

Thanks for all of the compliments everyone. It was alot of fun  Smiley

I do like your blunderbuss. I have a fake one like that, but I am hesitant to modify it. Id hate to mark it up by drilling because I also use it for the pirate outfit for Faire, and I have yet to find a good way to holster it for carrying though.   Its kind of heavy, made of real wood and thick metal ands fancy markings.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Took a photo of the clock. It was heavy yes lol It says Detex Newman on the front, and the leather case opens and it has some sort of # etched on the back in the metal which I couldn't get a photo of. It has a large keyhole on top, alas, the key they did not have.

I did not purchase cause I am a bit short of the $39.99 at the moment , and really have no need for it, but it looks cool. lol If iI was sure it would be worth a lot more I might have bought it just to sell it xD

Professor Veritas
Snr. Officer

« Reply #270 on: July 20, 2010, 08:50:23 pm »

Yes - the creature on my shoulder would be Archimedes - my intrepid tag-a-long.
He was a great addition to the outfit but I must warn you - the amazing little things get more attention than anything else you're wearing :-)

Regards,
Prof. Veritas
SweetestPoison
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Gravatar

« Reply #271 on: July 20, 2010, 09:20:46 pm »

Miss Frame, those falls are amazing! Where did you purchase them?

Capt. Morion
Snr. Officer

Captain of the Stormchaser

« Reply #272 on: July 20, 2010, 09:54:55 pm »

Yes - the creature on my shoulder would be Archimedes - my intrepid tag-a-long.
He was a great addition to the outfit but I must warn you - the amazing little things get more attention than anything else you're wearing :-)

Regards,
Prof. Veritas

Yeah, I'm well aware that Verkai (my little dragon) will always be the center of attention Tongue  They deserve it though, they're pretty friggin awesome in my opinion
Wilhelmina Frame
Zeppelin Captain

ptliontamer
« Reply #273 on: July 21, 2010, 05:23:50 am »

Miss Frame, those falls are amazing! Where did you purchase them?

I got them from Lady Fleur. I find her website a bit rough to navigate so if you are interested just e-mail her. She is very nice and posts to another board I am on. She also ships overseas regularly. Let her know I sent you Wink

www.makingyourdreamcometrue.com

E-mail:
makingyourdreamcometrue@cox.net
MPsy
Snr. Officer

Capt. Wong Wei

« Reply #274 on: July 21, 2010, 12:05:03 pm »

Wow been a while since I've been on BG and since then I've started up Mad Calamity Photos and during the 4th of July weekend at Comic-Con we've had ourselves a mini photoshoot with the steampunks gathered there.

http://madcalamity.zenfolio.com/p211603422

-Captain of the Dreadful Rumor-
"We're not lost!  We're on an adventure!"

Mad Calamity Photos
http://madcalamity.zenfolio.com/

Convention coverage, shorts, interviews, and vlogs!
http://www.youtube.com/user/youknowwhaaa
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 100   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: