The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 22, 2019, 12:45:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing Dress Up (The Steam Gallery Volume 2)  (Read 299855 times)
Uncle Arthur
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

« Reply #2350 on: February 20, 2012, 11:40:35 am »

If you sign up to the pipemakers forum you can learn about everything you need to  know. I drill mine on a lathe, rough shape with various grits on a five inch sanding disk and then finish off by hand .

If at first you don't succeed , CHEAT!
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2351 on: February 20, 2012, 03:30:39 pm »

I would be very interested in steampunk pipe. Something tells me you'd do a bit more than just glue a gear or two on it!

"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins
Uncle Arthur
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2352 on: February 20, 2012, 04:32:34 pm »

Got brass ordered for brass windcaps and shank bands. A bit of cutting to produce cog shapes and raising on the shaping block should produce nice coggish windcaps . Probably some nice Art Nouveau  etch on the shank bands.
Birdnest
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #2353 on: February 20, 2012, 06:22:14 pm »

@ Unsubtle Pete ... You are rockin' that outfit!  Outstanding  Cheesy

@ Uncle Arthur ... looking at that particular picture, exactly what is in those pipes? 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Onward ho!
Uncle Arthur
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2354 on: February 20, 2012, 06:35:58 pm »

Jim Stafford - Wildwood Weed
Gwenifer Scorpio
Snr. Officer

Behold the Prancing Beast of Doom

« Reply #2355 on: February 21, 2012, 05:54:46 am »

Well, I was going to put this in the Pin-Up Thread but it's not pin-up at all....So it's going here instead. Taken at a recent steampunk social, this is the only picture I could find of me that night. Tongue
But come on, take a gander at those trousers! How fantastic are they?

Also, apologies for the size of the picture....I'm still getting the hang of resizing the damn things.

Miss Scarlett in the library with the candlestick!

Gwenifer H. Scorpio, O.S.E., CALES Alumni
MistressMagpie
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2356 on: February 21, 2012, 06:50:26 am »

Your trousers are splendid, and your gent isn't too shabby either. He's looking rather 10th-Doctor-Tennanty, he is.

MAGPIE, n. A bird whose thievish disposition suggested to someone that it might be taught to talk.
        -- The Devil's Dictionary

Avatar made with much assistance from Ammotu's artistic talents.
Uncle Arthur
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2357 on: February 21, 2012, 06:53:39 am »

I LOVE the shiny trousers. And the lad looks just smashing!
Lenora
Gunner
New Zealand New Zealand

Some History is Worth Repeating

doodlebug47
« Reply #2358 on: February 21, 2012, 11:37:42 am »

nearly finished my summer outfit (very light and floaty - very necessary with our current hot weather)
still needs a petticoat and suitable hair and accessories, but after all that hand sewing, I was dying
to try it on and flounce about a bit. 

"an adventure starts with the first footstep upon the road" - anon
Bookgal1977
Deck Hand

Everythings a story. You are a story -I am a story

« Reply #2359 on: February 21, 2012, 04:02:30 pm »

nearly finished my summer outfit (very light and floaty - very necessary with our current hot weather)
still needs a petticoat and suitable hair and accessories, but after all that hand sewing, I was dying

Oh I love this! The floral pattern is just fantastic! And so is the pink lace laying over the red underskirt. Did you add the lace or was it part of the top already? Its beautiful. Well done! Smiley

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. -Douglas Adams
Madame Curatrix
Snr. Officer

« Reply #2360 on: February 21, 2012, 05:26:54 pm »

I attended a local gothic-themed art association fundraiser party over the weekend. This photo was taken afterward, which may or may not be the reason why I look a bit flushed. I donned dark Victorian attire which, while perhaps not strictly steampunk due to lack of gadgetry and gears, I'd like to think is still appropriate for sharing here. Wink

For more photos of the event, check out the official photographer's gallery at: http://www.paulvphotography.com/Events/Creatures-of-the-Night/21506353_B5jKZC#!i=1714415407&k=MVHmSQg .

Overall the level of costuming ranged from Party City to pimps, with a few vampires, Phantoms, and zombies thrown in for good measure. There were also, much to my delight, some fancily-attired gents in top hats, waistcoats and capes. Overall a fun time.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:29:08 pm by Madame Curatrix » Logged
LadyAsprin
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Sabreuse.

« Reply #2361 on: February 21, 2012, 06:12:40 pm »

I attended a local gothic-themed art association fundraiser party over the weekend. This photo was taken afterward, which may or may not be the reason why I look a bit flushed. I donned dark Victorian attire which, while perhaps not strictly steampunk due to lack of gadgetry and gears, I'd like to think is still appropriate for sharing here. Wink

For more photos of the event, check out the official photographer's gallery at: http://www.paulvphotography.com/Events/Creatures-of-the-Night/21506353_B5jKZC#!i=1714415407&k=MVHmSQg .

Overall the level of costuming ranged from Party City to pimps, with a few vampires, Phantoms, and zombies thrown in for good measure. There were also, much to my delight, some fancily-attired gents in top hats, waistcoats and capes. Overall a fun time.

Very nice.

Only girls fight with swords these days.(Wellington - Duel and Duality - Blackadder III)
Bookgal1977
Deck Hand

« Reply #2362 on: February 21, 2012, 08:29:39 pm »

I very much like this! You have a serious aura of athority here...the wicked headmistress of the local girls school secretly running an evil plot with forces best not tampered with....except you smile far too friendly for it to actually be the case. LOL
Lenora
Gunner
New Zealand New Zealand

Some History is Worth Repeating

doodlebug47
« Reply #2363 on: February 22, 2012, 05:43:12 am »

Oh I love this! The floral pattern is just fantastic! And so is the pink lace laying over the red underskirt. Did you add the lace or was it part of the top already? Its beautiful. Well done! Smiley

thank you  Kiss.  The base dress was a simple cotton print dress that I modified with the addition of lace around the neck, on the sleeves and around the bunched apron I made of the skirt.  I liked the cross stitch pattern of the dress, sort of olde worlde but light and pretty floral in soft pastels.

anyway......I was going for a layered look that could work without a corset.  Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated.  Now I just need a garden party or ball to go to...........
Madame Curatrix
Snr. Officer

« Reply #2364 on: February 22, 2012, 04:05:39 pm »

I very much like this! You have a serious aura of athority here...the wicked headmistress of the local girls school secretly running an evil plot with forces best not tampered with....except you smile far too friendly for it to actually be the case. LOL

Thank you, LadyAsprin and Bookgal!

Evil Victorian headmistress? I like the idea! Regarding my too-friendly smile, it was one of those situations where the photographer, my father in this case, had snapped a bunch of pics but just kept saying 'one more!' so the smile was probably less manic/wide initially, lol. Smiley
Flightless Phoenix
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2365 on: February 22, 2012, 04:51:20 pm »

<b> Madame Curatrix </b> what a splendid outfit! I love your hat =]

cemeteryresearcher.com

'a lighthearted academic blog about funerary practice' - Updates Sundays*

*gremlins permitting
SpaceClown
Snr. Officer

It's not stupid, it's ADVANCED!

« Reply #2366 on: February 22, 2012, 07:46:35 pm »

Hello Anatomical,

I thought I'd throw these up here as well.  I've spent the past 8 months or so working on a SP Weird West costume, and I got to try it out at a SP themed party last weekend. 

Here are a few pics of me dressed up. 

Many thanks to Sevenlies for the party and the pictures.

For anyone interested in the creation of the costume, it's all over in Tactile.  http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,31253.0.html

SC

There is no problem in the world that cannot be overcome with the suitable application of high explosives.

First Build: http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,31253.0.html
Second One: http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,38856.0.html
witt550
Deck Hand

LT. Alister Pinchworthe, CSA

« Reply #2367 on: February 22, 2012, 08:07:42 pm »

Hello everyone,
  I seem to be in one of those rare moods where I feel like showing off a photo, so here is one  Tongue
It's not necessarily "steam" but it could be considered playing dress up. This is from a day of messing around at the battlefield across the highway from me

Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #2368 on: February 22, 2012, 08:22:45 pm »

Space Clown...that's a fantastic back pack.

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2369 on: February 22, 2012, 08:32:20 pm »

Hello everyone,
  I seem to be in one of those rare moods where I feel like showing off a photo, so here is one  Tongue
It's not necessarily "steam" but it could be considered playing dress up. This is from a day of messing around at the battlefield across the highway from me

I'm loving it. And I've seen some really great steampunk Confederate soldiers online. You could definitely build on that uniform!
witt550
Deck Hand

LT. Alister Pinchworthe, CSA

« Reply #2370 on: February 22, 2012, 08:36:15 pm »

Hello everyone,
  I seem to be in one of those rare moods where I feel like showing off a photo, so here is one  Tongue

I'm loving it. And I've seen some really great steampunk Confederate soldiers online. You could definitely build on that uniform!

Thanks. I'm looking to make a suitable outfit for a Confederate Airship Marine at some point.
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2371 on: February 22, 2012, 08:39:09 pm »

Hello everyone,

Thanks. I'm looking to make a suitable outfit for a Confederate Airship Marine at some point.

I FULLY support that, and I'm now suddenly interested in the same thing. That would be a fun project.
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

Not in front of the men..................

« Reply #2372 on: February 23, 2012, 02:15:04 am »

Hello Anatomical,

I thought I'd throw these up here as well.  I've spent the past 8 months or so working on a SP Weird West costume, and I got to try it out at a SP themed party last weekend. 

For anyone interested in the creation of the costume, it's all over in Tactile.  http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,31253.0.html

SC

Thats some great work there SC I'm jealous of your abilities; any chance of a close up of the Gauntlet of Doom? (As I've christened it in my mind)

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre
Bookgal1977
Deck Hand

« Reply #2373 on: February 23, 2012, 04:32:46 am »

Hello Anatomical,

SC

The pack is AMAZING! This is wonderful!
Bookgal1977
Deck Hand

« Reply #2374 on: February 23, 2012, 04:34:11 am »

Hello everyone,
  I seem to be in one of those rare moods where I feel like showing off a photo, so here is one  Tongue

I haven't seen much built on confederate uniforms, its a really interesting idea! Your base is great, I cant wait to see what else you do with it!
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: