The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 22, 2019, 06:46:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing Dress Up (The Steam Gallery Volume 2)  (Read 301539 times)
TVC15
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Extremely hazardous...have some?

« Reply #2275 on: February 14, 2012, 04:55:43 am »

You don't remember that old Christmas story: "Harry and the Ghost of Chicken Past"?

Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...
psn1der
« Reply #2276 on: February 14, 2012, 04:58:07 am »

You don't remember that old Christmas story: "Harry and the Ghost of Chicken Past"?
Might have missed that one.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #2277 on: February 14, 2012, 05:08:10 am »

What does Harry have to do with any of this?

Cheesy

I think you are being too critical Xenos.  It's called lean...like a runner or archer of old.  And trust me, the ladies are going to be focusing on just what IS under that kilt.

Paige

My wife cackled like crazy at that last bit!  The stories I could tell, but I'm sure they'd be chalked up to braggadocio.  So I'll just walk away with a grin on my face, and a slightly lighter step, thanking you for the compliment.

And with that, I'm probably off for the night-this cold is starting to annoy me.

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
psn1der
« Reply #2278 on: February 14, 2012, 05:12:31 am »

What does Harry have to do with any of this?

Cheesy

I think you are being too critical Xenos.  It's called lean...like a runner or archer of old.  And trust me, the ladies are going to be focusing on just what IS under that kilt.

Paige

My wife cackled like crazy at that last bit!  The stories I could tell, but I'm sure they'd be chalked up to braggadocio.  So I'll just walk away with a grin on my face, and a slightly lighter step, thanking you for the compliment.

And with that, I'm probably off for the night-this cold is starting to annoy me.
Your wife knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about.  Good night, sir.  Smiley
Bookgal1977
Deck Hand

Everythings a story. You are a story -I am a story

« Reply #2279 on: February 14, 2012, 06:39:19 am »

Thought I'd throw my two cents in. Here's me in my 'western' victorian outfit. Wore it to go out on my birthday.

I love this! Nice!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. -Douglas Adams
Bookgal1977
Deck Hand

« Reply #2280 on: February 14, 2012, 06:40:13 am »

WHAT? We're out of BLUE BELL DUTCH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM!  Let us make haste, to the grocery store.

I agree, those boots are awesome!
D.Oakes
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #2281 on: February 14, 2012, 07:56:37 am »

Working on a Western look. 

And I did a button and accent mod to one of my jackets and decided to try for a desert explorer look:

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over." -Rhett Butler
Elycium
Officer

addicted to fancy clothes

Elycium
« Reply #2282 on: February 14, 2012, 12:25:06 pm »

And I did a button and accent mod to one of my jackets and decided to try for a desert explorer look:

Both outfits look fabulous. I am also trying to figure out if I have met you or just a doppleganger of you, because my goodness you look very familiar. XD

"Humans need fantasy to be human."  - Death from "The Hogfather"
Grumfoss
Zeppelin Captain
Wales Wales

« Reply #2283 on: February 14, 2012, 01:43:47 pm »

Recently a few Steampunk friends attended the Showzam carnival ball in the tower ballroom in Blackpool. A fantastic night was had, please have a look at the pictures Smiley

In the queue before we went in.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All in all a fab night was had by all Smiley
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:48:53 pm by Grumfoss » Logged

walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2284 on: February 14, 2012, 02:34:34 pm »

Those are splendid Grumfoss. Absolutely splendid.

"Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you."

~ David St. Hubbins
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #2285 on: February 14, 2012, 04:18:51 pm »

Great photos, Grum. You all look splendid! Love the new fez, too!

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi
greatestescaper
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2286 on: February 14, 2012, 04:36:40 pm »

Thanks to y'all for the fine comments.  D.Oakes, that looks like a great start on both outfits.  You might want to look to something more in linen or cotton though for the desert look.  I'm not quite in the desert, but 115 degrees in August makes little difference (though I still wear my heavy gus-crowned hat, never switching to straw or some such).  And I'll certainly be on the look out for that Christmas tale, it sounds like an instant classic.

(PS: I'm not a giant, we just have a fridge that is very inadequate in terms of size)

For those interested:
The scarf I purchased through Uswings:  And the boots were bought probably 4 or 5 years ago through What Price Glory.  They're much more expensive now (I think nearly 50 dollars more).  Also, when I bought them the photo showed a very dark pair of boots.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 05:08:36 pm by greatestescaper » Logged

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever." -Baron Munchausen
Bookgal1977
Deck Hand

« Reply #2287 on: February 14, 2012, 09:14:17 pm »

They're both wonderful, but the desert explorer especially delights me, because I haven't seen that particular twist much before! Bravo!
Bookgal1977
Deck Hand

« Reply #2288 on: February 14, 2012, 09:15:19 pm »

Recently a few Steampunk friends attended the Showzam carnival ball in the tower ballroom in Blackpool. A fantastic night was had, please have a look at the pictures Smiley

You all look wonderful!
psn1der
« Reply #2289 on: February 14, 2012, 09:45:13 pm »

Everyone looks so lovely.
Grumfoss
Zeppelin Captain
Wales Wales

« Reply #2290 on: February 15, 2012, 01:28:42 pm »

Thank you for your kind replies. We are already looking forward to next year Smiley
Birdnest
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #2291 on: February 16, 2012, 01:34:44 am »

Epic photos one and all!!   Grin

Great Kilt ... walkthebassline ... where'd yer hair go? 

Mr. Oakes ... you really stage some fine photos there.  Quite impressive!

And all you folks across the pond have a class about you that may not be attainable in the nether regions of North America.

One of these days, I'll add a photo of the old hippy cowboy tripster.  It is becoming increasingly clear that I fall into the weird-west category (I've got a laser scope on my lever-rifle  Shocked  )

Onward ho!
greatestescaper
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2292 on: February 16, 2012, 01:58:51 am »

Epic photos one and all!!   Grin

Great Kilt ... walkthebassline ... where'd yer hair go? 

Mr. Oakes ... you really stage some fine photos there.  Quite impressive!

And all you folks across the pond have a class about you that may not be attainable in the nether regions of North America.

One of these days, I'll add a photo of the old hippy cowboy tripster.  It is becoming increasingly clear that I fall into the weird-west category (I've got a laser scope on my lever-rifle  Shocked  )

Likewise us here in the South and in the West have a look that's all our own.  I look forward to seeing what an old hippy cowboy tripster looks like.
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2293 on: February 16, 2012, 03:31:37 am »

Birdnest, its just pulled back. I work in an office during the day and have to look professional. Actually I'm just thrilled they've let me keep my hair at all!

I can't wait to see this hippy cowboy. We Southerners do indeed have our own style. Unfortunately I'm drawing a blank as to how one can make a backwoods farmer steampunk. Hmm.
TVC15
Zeppelin Admiral

Extremely hazardous...have some?

« Reply #2294 on: February 16, 2012, 03:38:59 am »

Unfortunately I'm drawing a blank as to how one can make a backwoods farmer steampunk. Hmm.

When you get the idea let me know and I'll start working on a redneck steampunk (if such exists).
walkthebassline
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2295 on: February 16, 2012, 03:42:24 am »

Unfortunately I'm drawing a blank as to how one can make a backwoods farmer steampunk. Hmm.

When you get the idea let me know and I'll start working on a redneck steampunk (if such exists).

You and me both. That's all my family has ever been, lol!
greatestescaper
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2296 on: February 16, 2012, 03:43:23 am »

If you go with the classic definition then you can base it off a steampunk coal miner.  Otherwise a steampowered banjo (or an entire one-man-steam-powered-jug-band) would be a start.
D.Oakes
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #2297 on: February 16, 2012, 03:56:50 am »

Thanks to y'all for the fine comments.  D.Oakes, that looks like a great start on both outfits.  You might want to look to something more in linen or cotton though for the desert look.

One thing I always taught my art students...have an excuse for every single thing you do:  It's night time, and it gets cold.   Grin  Quite a few deserts of the world also have record lows for their particular regions.   Wink

Both outfits look fabulous. I am also trying to figure out if I have met you or just a doppleganger of you, because my goodness you look very familiar. XD

Well I am somewhat widely traveled, but there are plenty of dopplegangers of me...like the time my cousin was shocked to find out that I had a child.  Several years ago, while living the completely single life.   Grin

Thank you everyone. 

Looks like a fun time Grumfoss! 
Uncle Arthur
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2298 on: February 16, 2012, 04:44:50 am »

Doubles can be a pain.A late cousin of mine and I looked so much alike as young fellas that we were constantly mistaken for each other. Usually by someone who wanted to beat the other to a pulp.

If at first you don't succeed , CHEAT!
greatestescaper
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2299 on: February 16, 2012, 04:49:12 am »

Thanks to y'all for the fine comments.  D.Oakes, that looks like a great start on both outfits.  You might want to look to something more in linen or cotton though for the desert look.

One thing I always taught my art students...have an excuse for every single thing you do:  It's night time, and it gets cold.   Grin  Quite a few deserts of the world also have record lows for their particular regions.   Wink

Well I am somewhat widely traveled, but there are plenty of dopplegangers of me...like the time my cousin was shocked to find out that I had a child.  Several years ago, while living the completely single life.   Grin

Thank you everyone. 

Looks like a fun time Grumfoss! 

Well, that makes sense.  And the truth is myself even when it's 115 degrees y'all see me out there in my bib-front, jeans, boots, knee-high socks, gus-crown hat and perhaps a kerchief at my neck.  And somehow I'm not dying of heat either.  Also, that desert gear jacket your sporting there is a fine one. 

Doubles can be a pain.A late cousin of mine and I looked so much alike as young fellas that we were constantly mistaken for each other. Usually by someone who wanted to beat the other to a pulp.

My grandfather used to have a younger brother that was his own doppelganger.  My great Uncle was not one to stand up for himself.  He was not a coward, but a pacifist.  Well, usually about the time the bullies were to get my great Uncle my grandfather would catch word and make him be the one they found.  They (yes the group of them) usually didn't walk away without injury.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: