The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
August 20, 2014, 05:37:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official Facebook page: Brass Goggles

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Clockwork Arachnid  (Read 41427 times)
Phineas Rhyne
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 04:28:31 pm »

I am making this into a remote control three legged spider. (that doesn't sound right, what should it be called?)

A <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War_of_the_Worlds_(novel)">tripod</a>, obviously.  Cheesy
Supreme Martian Overlord
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 05:36:39 am »

MuHAHahaaaaaaaaaaaa......
Yes tripods are indeed the ultimate form of mechanical ground locomotion. Of course tentacular movement still suffices over short distances I do quite miss my old mechanical wings that unfortunatly have yet to be effectively adapted to this spheres supperfluous gravitation.

Memo to self: Increase resources for terrestrial winged transport apparatus conversion research or hatch diabolical plan for substantial reduction of terrestrial mass accross entire planet.

As to this delightful small mechanical arachnid killing machine. I must approve wholeheartedly.
Cap'n Bayne, one of my Good Collaborators,  did mention to me that there was once a 'Masters of the Universe' toy of a spider with nice simple-seeming locomotary actuation but that such devices were significantly larger than 'hand sized' (what are the anatomical formations you bipeds refer to as hands again?... Oh yes, quite disgusting.) and are likely now collectors pieces. He did suggest that converting steampunk shells for zoids would be quite possible but that the cogs and motors would likely need replacing as the inferior plastic cogs and the weak motors would likely not be capable of providing much ambulation under the weight of 'shiny' metals.
mythdude
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2007, 06:52:57 am »

I love it...now you just need to build them 15 feet high...soon you will rule the world!!

Just as no one can be forced into belief, so no one can be forced into unbelief.
Sigmund Freud
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: