Author Topic: Introduce yourself (mk. II)  (Read 245442 times)

Cousin Itt

• Officer
  • Kontraptional Ungineer
Re: Introduce yourself (mk. II)
« Reply #2300 on: February 15, 2014, 02:01:53 pm »
I've been told I'm in my second childhood :-\

Cousin Itt

A mere child in years!

Cousin Itt

• Officer
  • Kontraptional Ungineer
« Reply #2301 on: February 15, 2014, 02:03:10 pm »
Then I guess I'll fit in! ;D

We are all mad here  ;D

Daguerreotype

• Swab
« Reply #2302 on: February 19, 2014, 09:33:30 am »
Hi everyone, I'm new to this whole steampunk thing but it really fascinates me as I've been a fan of Victorian history for many years. I'm hoping to learn some new things and get properly into steampunk on this forum!

lookingglassphotobooths

• Deck Hand
  • Popular Vintage Steampunk Photo Booth Rentals
    • The Looking Glass Photo Booths
« Reply #2303 on: February 22, 2014, 07:28:55 pm »
I'm also new to this genre. My niece, internet pinup girl "Cherry Dollface" introduced me to steampunk last year right before my sons wedding. I decided to build a Steampunk Photo Booth for his reception and people went crazy over it. Now I have a Steampunk/Victorian photo booth rental business in Kansas City called "The Looking Glass Photo Booths". I love these forums for ideas on making props for the photos. I'm always surprised by the incredible imaginations of some of you. Keep it up and if you get a chance check out our website. I'm looking forward to getting more ideas in the future.

Gary Johnson
thelookingglassphotobooths.com
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:02:02 pm by lookingglassphotobooths »

Cain McFaydon

• Gunner
  • Mercenary Grenadier
« Reply #2304 on: February 28, 2014, 07:08:20 am »
Hello everyone! My name is Caleb. Im not exactly new to the subject of steam, but I havent been able to attend many (translated as any) of the nearby conventions. I have only recently begun a rifle and explosives project in fact. My attire is next. By-the-by, if you should need an armorer for you next project, or just so you can say that you have a shining suit of chainmail in your closet, Im available. Im good with mail and know my way around leather well enough.

Anywho, drop me a line if you should feel so inclined. I dont bite (hard).
Be thankful for life's little miracles. <3

misha4197

• Swab
« Reply #2305 on: February 28, 2014, 06:21:44 pm »
Hi everyone

I'm Mike from the UK  age , well slightly past middle aged !

Bumpi

• Swab
    • Bumpilcious
« Reply #2306 on: March 02, 2014, 12:37:32 pm »
My name is Linda-Eleonora, and I am from Sweden.

I have been glaring at the steampunk esthetics for some time now, but it wasn't until this autumn I decided to take the full step into it.
I am trying to incorporate steampunk into my everyday life, but as I work in an office it has to be very subtile. But I also love historian fashion and I feel now I can start taking the step into making my dream dresses. So I have even start going to a sewing class!
The mini-top hat in my picture is of my doing, and it is my first hat! I am planning to make some more

No one among my friends is into steampunk so I joined the forum to be able to talk so some fellow of minds :)

camaroneil

• Deck Hand
« Reply #2307 on: March 19, 2014, 08:05:55 pm »
hi all,
just trying to get into the scene,
male mid 40's,
could do with meeting up with a few folk (north east England) and have a chat,
i'm very handy making things so can't wait to get started,
neil

Kimchi

• Swab
« Reply #2308 on: March 20, 2014, 02:44:36 am »
Hey all,  I am Kimchi,

I am an illustrator, and I enjoy steampunk stuff(hey what could be better victorian dress with starwars gadgets) I just thought I would sign up and see what all of you are talking about on here!  I occasionally draw steampunk stuff if you woud like to see some just visit my blog www.tumblr.kimberlistudio.com

Its nice to meet you all!

Prof. Comberthwaite

• Gunner
« Reply #2309 on: March 20, 2014, 12:00:26 pm »
Greetings and salutations!

I am very new to this - but I think I have found something that will suit me very well. I have been an admirer of Victorian science and engineering for many years and I admire their dress sense too.

I live at the northern end of the Midlands in the UK - not that far from Chester really. Any pointers or tips for events or activities, I'd love to hear about them. I am not the world's best at making things, so I am sure that the support and services of others will be greatly appreciated and valued.

I definitely qualify as middle-aged, being in my mid 50s.

Looking forward to being a part of things.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:22:05 pm by Prof. Comberthwaite »
Prof. Comberthwaite
Ancient Historian | Archeoastronomer | Ethnochronologist

CaptainMonty

• Deck Hand
  • Ships might Fly
    • Like the Landship Perserverantia on Facebook
« Reply #2310 on: March 29, 2014, 04:31:03 am »
Greetings, one and all. My name is Captain Arthur Montague-Browne and I am pleased to be at your service.

I am a switcher. What is a switcher, you say? My fathers good friend and mentor, Mr. Benjamin Franklin of the Americas, whilst living in Paris asked my father, Lord William, to volunteer for a mission to the future, of which he was to accept. However the technology required to finish his great Orwellian machine was not available in his time, so the machine and mission was passed to me.

After the Great war, I returned home to find the phoenix from the ashes of destruction in Europe was that of invention. Finally the missing parts were available and I could move forward my quest.

Sadly bodies cannot withstand the trials of space time travel, and I had to leave behind my former mortal coil. I entered the machine and set myself on the one way trip of the switcher- supplanted into the body of a male of your time.

I am not a parasite as you may think. Firstly a switcher only enters the body of a descendant- it locks onto a fancy thing your scientists call 'DNA' and what my good friend Charles would have called 'proof'. The bugger was right.

One must also note that a switcher 'shares' the mind of his descendant. All that happens is a great awakening and all knowledge is passed to the descendant upon a switch. We live in harmony- 6 months of the year each, to go about our business.

Why am I here, one may ask. That is a more interesting question.

I have been tasked with building a land ship- a remarkable invention of a motor vehicle fitted with a Rudolph diesel engine! And I will use it to drive across the remains of the European empires and principalities to re-discover the treasures and relics which are hidden in the ruins of the conflicts the great continent has faced.

I have been authorised to take with me on my missions any able bodied and sound person who fate directs to me. They will crew the Landship with me and uncover the historical remnants and relics of the old Empires.

I would love to hear from like minded individuals interested in the landship and its missions to explore. I look forward to interesting discourse with you all.

Yours,

Arthur Montague Browne, Captain LS Perserverantia

Bliksem

• Deck Hand
« Reply #2311 on: March 31, 2014, 11:52:02 am »
Hi I am Bliksem,
34 year old male
I live in Port Elizabeth, South Africa and have only recently come across the Steampunk "subculture" I am a bit of a tinkerer and I love the style. I hope to learn and enjoy the site. Steer me to any posts you believe a newbie should read.

With great thanks.
Bliksem

Boxofbits

• Deck Hand
« Reply #2312 on: March 31, 2014, 09:24:26 pm »
Hi.

Love the site, I'm from London UK. female, and not really happy unless I'm taking something to bits or welding it together.
Never really thought of myself as a Steampunk, but a friend just looked at the lamp I knocked up the other day, and informs me that I am. So here I am, joining the madhouse

CaptainMonty

• Deck Hand
  • Ships might Fly
    • Like the Landship Perserverantia on Facebook
« Reply #2313 on: March 31, 2014, 10:39:25 pm »
Hi.

Love the site, I'm from London UK. female, and not really happy unless I'm taking something to bits or welding it together.
Never really thought of myself as a Steampunk, but a friend just looked at the lamp I knocked up the other day, and informs me that I am. So here I am, joining the madhouse

This is a madhouse? And I thought this was where all the sane people came to escape the lunatics!

Cpt. Vanderstorme

• Officer
  • It's the Captain, Lilith Vanderstorme!
    • Lilith Vanderstorme, Online portfolio!
« Reply #2314 on: April 01, 2014, 06:34:42 pm »
Welcome, All of you!

MWBailey

• Rogue Ætherlord
  • "This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"
« Reply #2315 on: April 01, 2014, 08:34:42 pm »
Hi.

This is a madhouse? And I thought this was where all the sane people came to escape the lunatics!

I. at least, am not insane. *pulls a peppermint out from behind his eyepatch*
Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"

“WHAT?! N0!!! NOT THAT Button!!!”

Hez

• Zeppelin Captain
  • aka Miss Primrose C Leigh
« Reply #2316 on: April 02, 2014, 01:41:51 pm »
Welcome to all of you.

ClockworkPhoenix

• Swab
« Reply #2317 on: April 02, 2014, 02:42:24 pm »
Hi everyone! I'm Killian (real name) but you can call me whatever. I answer to that, Kill, Phoenix, CP, ect. I'm pretty accommodated on that subject. I'm a High school junior from Ohio ('MURICA) and I'm a little new to steampunk. My dad and I enjoy writing or cowriting short stories, and the steampunk universe captured me. I'm eager to learn more, and to post some of our works here.

Elvidge Von Trapp

• Swab
« Reply #2318 on: April 04, 2014, 12:57:58 pm »
Hello, I'm David in the real world. This is a very cool forum.
I write Steampunk and SF and a bit of Fantasy and am currently sweating it out as my manuscript goes off to find its way in the big wild world. I play in a band with a Steampunk twist to some of its songs and I read obsessively.
I'm an occasional visitor to New Babbage, I like Vernian Process and The Men who will not be blamed fro Nothing, miss Dr. Steel and like what Abney Park used to do.
My favourite Steampunk song is 'Stick some gears on it...'
I'm here just to chill and chat - and occasionally vent my stresses about writing and stuff.
I hope that's ok.
Looking forward to meeting you all. :-)

Heckler

• Zeppelin Captain
« Reply #2319 on: April 04, 2014, 03:09:47 pm »
Welcome to both of you, pull up a tastefully upholstered chair, help yourself to the libations and revel in one of the last islands of civilisation.
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The Call of Cthulhu"

L.Ferrous

• Deck Hand
« Reply #2320 on: April 06, 2014, 07:23:58 pm »
Greetings,

I am an American female who was recently exposed to the enjoyment of steampunk quite recently. I look forward to showing the enjoyment with all of you!

Cheers!

L.
Lucinda Ferrous- when happiness is motivation, life is bliss.

thesplinteredyear

• Swab
« Reply #2321 on: April 08, 2014, 07:02:36 pm »
Hey everyone,

hope I'm replying correctly.

Erm what to say about me. I work in a rare book shop. I wear waistcoats (see avatar) a fair bit, and I have a fascination with automatons in particular, which lately I've been using to have a go at making my own CCG. Still, that's a bit of a pipe dream for now, and generally I'm just a literary sort who's a little lost and thought I'd say hallo.

So: hallo.
They skitter at my heels, but haven't caught me yet
Embodiments of weaknesses, and fears, and regret
Sleep as well as one could hope for, sleep but don't forget
You and I on borrowed time; a waiting marionette

creagmor

• Zeppelin Captain
« Reply #2322 on: April 08, 2014, 11:36:03 pm »
greetings and salutations. My name is Ian Stone. At seventy-two I am no doubt the oldest poster here. I'm an American, but for the last six years I've been living in Pretoria South Africa on a volunteer visa.  

One of my favourite time/places is Victorian England, although I love my mod cons too much to want to live then/there, unless it was in a SP universe.

I ever since I was a kid I've been interested in science fiction. Some of my favourite movies in that genre were 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, George Pal's version of The Time Machine, and the original Journey to the Centre of the Earth. I saw all of when they were first released. I am a nut about Sherlock Holmes, most anything Scottish (except *golf), puns and trivia. Also dig Robert A Heinlein (The Number of the Beast and Glory Road) and vardas (sp?) i.e. gypsy caravans.

* Yes, I know that a form of golf originated in the Netherlands, but the game we know today is identified with Scotland. And no, "golf" does NOT stand for Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 06:05:10 am by creagmor »
“Love is an emotional thing, and whatever is emotional is opposed to that cold true reason which I place above all things.” Sherlock Holmes, in The Sign of Four.

Heckler

• Zeppelin Captain
« Reply #2323 on: April 09, 2014, 07:17:31 am »
Hello Creagmor, Splinteredyear and Ferrous!

Welcome to the friendliest corner of the internet (where there is definitely no Golf, though there are plenty of waistcoats).

creagmor

• Zeppelin Captain
« Reply #2324 on: April 09, 2014, 08:07:42 am »
Waistcoats gu bragh (forever).My is red velvet with shiny brass buttons.